Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2017, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The only two titles I'm too bothered about are the Spaghetti Westerns, those I will probably wait for on Amazon or HMV. All the other Italian, Slasher and Vault titles I'll happily buy direct from 88 themselves, if they have slip covers of course. Hell I might even be tempted to get Joe Bullet (which has so far failed to interest me at all) if it comes with a slip!
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 07:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, you usually have to wait a while before they enter the deal. Worth the wait though if you're not in any hurry to watch them.
But they were originally coming out at £8.99/£9.99 to begin with.
Old 26th April 2017, 07:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But they were originally coming out at £8.99/£9.99 to begin with.
Most still are. The odd few (notably the indiegogo restored titles) have come out at higher price points and entered the 2 for £25 deal. Also, some have come out at £8.99 / £9.99 stayed at this price for a few weeks and to then rise to £12.99 / £14.99, only for them later to hit the 5 for £30 / 3 for £20 deal.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 07:29 PM
Cult Addict

Has Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. ever had a uk release? IMO, it's one of the better Troma's out there and deserves to have better recognition.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 27th April 2017, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It had a no-frills, full screen DVD release here in the U.K., yes.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 28th April 2017, 11:41 AM
Cult Master

"How is your Friday? Fancy some new #88Asia

Forthcoming...

Chang Cheh is recognised as perhaps the greatest martial arts director of all time and 1977's THE BRAVE ARCHER provided him with one of his biggest box office successes. Reinventing the kung-fu formula in the era of Bruce Lee knock-offs, this period-set bout of fist-to-fist fighting and swashbuckling action used the hit Cantonese novel The Legend of the Condor Heroes as its basis. With a whimsical sense of 'old China', THE BRAVE ARCHER undoubtedly paved the way for such later wuxia blockbusters as ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA and CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON by weaving a lavish costume-packed story of rival kung fu schools pitting their best fighters against a series of trials and tribulations. Featuring an ensemble cast that includes Alexander Fu Sheng (HEROES SHED NO TEARS) and Ti Lung (A BETTER TOMORROW), the action comes furious and fast, the atmosphere is so strong you can almost taste the Far Eastern fog and the battles are some of the most mesmerising ever produced! Leading to two sequels THE BRAVE ARCHER is one of the standout Shaw Brothers adventures and 88 Films is thrilled to bring this classic to UK shelves in glorious HD, accompanied by a Bey Logan commentary and booklet from Asia-based academic Calum Waddell."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th April 2017, 01:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I noticed yesterday that Amazon have the Shaw Brothers movie Bride From Hell up for pre order when i did a search on 88 Films which i don't think has been announced yet.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th April 2017, 01:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
I noticed yesterday that Amazon have the Shaw Brothers movie Bride From Hell up for pre order when i did a search on 88 Films which i don't think has been announced yet.
You spoke too soon!

"#88Asia #announcementtwo #werock

Hong Kong horror was rarely more atmospheric than 1972's THE BRIDE FROM HELL! The clue is in the title of this seriously sinister ghost story, as a hapless new husband comes to find out that he has become involved in a beautiful young lady who brings new meaning to the term 'out of this world'. Yes, he has become hitched to a spectre - but the plot twists do not stop there, with a horrifying revelation and a quest for revenge soon to turn his life upside down!

With a cast that features the timeless screen allure of of Margaret Hsing Hui (THE FIVE BILLION DOLLAR LEGACY), THE BRIDE FROM HELL is finally unleashed in HD from the Oriental terror-loving lunatics at 88 Films!"

Old 28th April 2017, 01:59 PM
Cult Master

"hashtagsurprisefridayannouncement3

The spaghetti western hit a bloody bullet ridden high with the awesome DJANGO KILL! Released in 1967 and directed by Giulio Questi (of the smashing giallo DEATH LAID AN EGG) this brutal quest for revenge and personal satisfaction via a series of splattered corpses was perhaps second only to THE WILD BUNCH in terms of taking the genre in the sixties to a new height of aesthetic experimentation and horror! Starring the late great Tomas Milan (ALMOST HUMAN), 88 Films is thrilled to present DJANGO KILL to our gore hungry audience in a restored and uncut HD edition!"

Old 28th April 2017, 03:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"hashtagsurprisefridayannouncement3

The spaghetti western hit a bloody bullet ridden high with the awesome DJANGO KILL! Released in 1967 and directed by Giulio Questi (of the smashing giallo DEATH LAID AN EGG) this brutal quest for revenge and personal satisfaction via a series of splattered corpses was perhaps second only to THE WILD BUNCH in terms of taking the genre in the sixties to a new height of aesthetic experimentation and horror! Starring the late great Tomas Milan (ALMOST HUMAN), 88 Films is thrilled to present DJANGO KILL to our gore hungry audience in a restored and uncut HD edition!"

while not an official Django movie I highly reccomend this one. Thomas Milian is excellent and the whole thing is deliriously violent & surreal. I have the Blue Underground release already.

Like this? Share it using the links below!