All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2017, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Yeah, I remember they got Savini, Oliver Smith, and David Warbeck. Midnight media run the camden one & have had some good guests in the past.

I remember when it all started to go south and trading standards started wandering around, people got paranoid & left in a rush with their dodgey tapes, lol!
I remember the day that Jean-Paul (bald French bloke) had his stall raided by trading standards - at the Watford fair - everything got bagged up and confiscated. I remember the Welwyn Garden City fair getting raided too. Ridiculous when you contrast what was outlawed then with what's freely available now.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default fairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I remember the day that Jean-Paul (bald French bloke) had his stall raided by trading standards - at the Watford fair - everything got bagged up and confiscated. I remember the Welwyn Garden City fair getting raided too. Ridiculous when you contrast what was outlawed then with what's freely available now.
My friend was at one of these types of fairs that got raided, Michael Berryman was there and disgusted " dont the police in your country have anything better to do?"
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Shoulda set Papa Jupe on 'em!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I think most of these people are too young to remember going to film fairs and buying under the counter VHS tapes 'imported' from Holland etc. I only got there at the tail end of it all but I still appreciate that we're lucky to have some of these crappy films at all haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
My brother and I used to do all the film fairs, London, Watford, Cambridge etc & never imagined it would be like this! Seriously I'm not going to prison for watching Texas Chainsaw or The Excorcist??? Amazing! The censorship laws have changed for the better & now cult film fans are in a great position to enjoy so many previously unavailable titles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Never went to any film fairs, but back in the early to mid 90's me and a mate used to go up and down the country to record fairs and there was always a couple of guys selling VHS's from under their main CD/vinyl stalls. Being a horror fan, I used to get them to show me the tapes they were selling, but being between 12-16, they never let me buy anything
I saw some belters too, pretty much all the DPP39 titles on both Beta and VHS, decent enough prices too-£20 each etc.
Film fairs were only good for destroying children's minds and for perverts to get depraved and sickening genuine snuff films

I know because 'The Independent' told me about them in 1993

'Snuff' video confiscated at children's comic fair: 'Murder and decapitation' shown on imported film | The Independent

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Let's not forget Graham Bright's famous corruption of dogs comment

https://youtu.be/zMCE3Ur0GM8
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Let's not forget Graham Bright's famous corruption of dogs comment

https://youtu.be/zMCE3Ur0GM8
And how do we know it doesn't affect cats either , we don't know might have done!!!
Can't be biased against one animal that's probably more interested at barking at the door, chasing it tail , and licking it's own bollocks than watching TV , at least cats watch them, even use to lie on top of them as if its their bed.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
And how do we know it doesn't affect cats either , we don't know might have done!!!
Can't be biased against one animal that's probably more interested at barking at the door, chasing it tail , and licking it's own bollocks than watching TV , at least cats watch them, even use to lie on top of them as if its their bed.
Before watching video nasty (or 88Films release [trying to get this thread back on topic])

After watching video nasty (or 88Films release [trying to get this thread back on topic])

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post

Cats are born evil and corrupt, watching Mike Logan get his chopper chopped off and eaten by someone in a Monkees wig would have bugger all effect on them
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Before watching video nasty (or 88Films release [trying to get this thread back on topic])

After watching video nasty (or 88Films release [trying to get this thread back on topic])

Susan Foreman likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th May 2017, 01:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

The dog looks like it's the result of splicing the genes of Billy Connolly and an owl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
My friend was at one of these types of fairs that got raided, Michael Berryman was there and disgusted " dont the police in your country have anything better to do?"
I was at that fair. He was a really nice bloke.

Like this? Share it using the links below!