Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree15856Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5501  
Old 8th May 2017, 12:52 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Basil Fawlty country: The English Riviera
Default

This looks like it's going to be the final cover for 'The Oily Maniac'

__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #5502  
Old 8th May 2017, 06:02 PM
JAMIOUSE's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
This looks like it's going to be the final cover for 'The Oily Maniac'

Well from that cover I deduce the film features a walking oil slick with bad teeth and a gynaecological examination!
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Reply With Quote
  #5503  
Old 9th May 2017, 08:29 AM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Well from that cover I deduce the film features a walking oil slick with bad teeth and a gynaecological examination!
i was thinking more of a walking s**t monster
keirarts likes this.
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #5504  
Old 10th May 2017, 01:39 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Basil Fawlty country: The English Riviera
Default

"Slasher Classics Number 30 is here!!!

Never released uncut in the UK before - TOOLBOX MURDERS stars the legendary Cameron Mitchell (BLOOD AND BLACK LACE) as a balaclava-clad badman who stalks and splatters a number of nubile and frequently nude young ladies across a Hollywood apartment block. Included in the vixen-victims is the legendary adult star Kelly Nichols (ROOMMATES) who is turned into a human pin cushion by our unapologetically evil antagonist. Banned as a video nasty in the UK, TOOLBOX MURDERS would be remade by the legendary Tobe Hooper (THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE) in 2004, but nothing beats this original nightmare which, along with HALLOWEEN, heralded a new era of slice and dice madness in the late 1970s. Finally unleashed in HD by 88 Films in an all-new special edition, this gore gem is ready to drill and thrill you in a brilliant BluRay edition."




Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't actually say whether it's uncut or not
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #5505  
Old 10th May 2017, 01:42 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"Slasher Classics Number 30 is here!!!

Never released uncut in the UK before - TOOLBOX MURDERS stars the legendary Cameron Mitchell (BLOOD AND BLACK LACE) as a balaclava-clad badman who stalks and splatters a number of nubile and frequently nude young ladies across a Hollywood apartment block. Included in the vixen-victims is the legendary adult star Kelly Nichols (ROOMMATES) who is turned into a human pin cushion by our unapologetically evil antagonist. Banned as a video nasty in the UK, TOOLBOX MURDERS would be remade by the legendary Tobe Hooper (THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE) in 2004, but nothing beats this original nightmare which, along with HALLOWEEN, heralded a new era of slice and dice madness in the late 1970s. Finally unleashed in HD by 88 Films in an all-new special edition, this gore gem is ready to drill and thrill you in a brilliant BluRay edition."




Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't actually say whether it's uncut or not
The very first sentence gives a clue.
Reply With Quote
  #5506  
Old 10th May 2017, 02:00 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Basil Fawlty country: The English Riviera
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The very first sentence gives a clue.
No - the first sentence says "Never released uncut in the UK before". It does not say "For the first time in the UK, uncut"

Big difference!
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #5507  
Old 10th May 2017, 02:09 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

It's implied, plus I'm sure they have learned their lesson about declaring things before actually submitting to the BBFC. It'll probably be uncut.
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #5508  
Old 10th May 2017, 03:13 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's implied, plus I'm sure they have learned their lesson about declaring things before actually submitting to the BBFC. It'll probably be uncut.
Have the Toolbox Murders on Blue Underground. it might be worth checking if their version is cheaper as 88 won't be able to better the transfer.
Reply With Quote
  #5509  
Old 10th May 2017, 05:59 PM
JAMIOUSE's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Have the Toolbox Murders on Blue Underground. it might be worth checking if their version is cheaper as 88 won't be able to better the transfer.
As the BU edition came out years ago there's a good chance this will have a new transfer.
Reply With Quote
  #5510  
Old 10th May 2017, 06:10 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
As the BU edition came out years ago there's a good chance this will have a new transfer.
i'll be happy as anyone if i'm wrong but 88 are not known to pay for too many HD masters where one already exists. the BU is pretty old but it was a very good transfer - i'm not sure anything much further can be squeezed out of it in terms of improvement. they could up the bitrate for their transfer and that might get some gains especially in motion.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.