Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2017, 12:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Someone asked about Puppet Master 4 and 5 and they said no because the others did really badly for them, I expect the same can be said about Subspecies as well.
But they released PM 4 & 5? Or am i misunderstanding?
Old 19th June 2017, 12:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I think their main area of business nowadays is the slasher/Italian/Asia range so I doubt they'll release that many (if any) more Full Moon titles, I don't think there's as much of a market for them over here (besides Stephen )
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th June 2017, 12:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But they released PM 4 & 5? Or am i misunderstanding?
Sorry, my mistake, someone asked them PM6 and they said no, 4 and 5 did terribly.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th June 2017, 01:05 PM
Cult Addict

What bugs me is the Full moon range is great. The fact they dont sell well is endlessly frustrating as i'm like stephen in that I'd happily buy anything punted out in the full moon range...
Old 19th June 2017, 01:31 PM
Cult Master

For people who don't have FB, or don't follow 88Films, here's a selection of the relevant questions and answers:

Q: Is there an aprox. release date for the indiegogo Anthro disc?
A: Yes, 7th August

Q: any chance that you release Deodato's "Cut and Run"
A: Not currently planned

Q:Have you guys got a release date for the two Italian westerns?
A: Django Kill is coming out 25th Sept. The other 2, not at the moment due to them being caught up in the Hollywood Classics / 101 Films bankruptcy.

Q: any thoughts on limited 'numbered' editions or more 'deluxe' editions a la Arrow style?
A: we might more numbered editions if the interest is there for them.

Q: Besides Fulci's Touch of Death and Cat in the Brain can we expect some more Fulci goodness?
A: We haven't licensed anymore Fulci films.

Q: Any release date update on THE MERCENARY?/What's happening with Eliminators, The Package, Navajo Joe and The Mercenary?
A: Early next year with any luck.

Q: Curse of the puppet master?
A: Nope, 4 and 5 were disastrous for us. If you guys bought them then we would consider it obviously!

Q: Is there a replacement program for those of us with errant copies of SEEDING OF A GHOST?/What was the problem? First I heard of it./the first pressing has the wrong audio track. They included the Mandarin track instead of the original Cantonese. It's been fixed, but...
A: Yes but you need to return your copy intact with the booklet to our office. Please email info@88films.co.uk for more details.

Q: Any plans to release 976-Evil?
A: Never heard of it, will research later.

Q: Any scifi in the pipes?
A: no current plans

Q: Do you really have a profanity filter?
A: Yes

Q: I have an odd irritation on the back of my left knee, can you help?
A: If you're near Rugby, maybe.....

Q: Been wondering why you call the company 88 Films.
A: Because it's the speed the Delorean needed to hit to go Back to the Future!!!

Q: Could we see releases of non-Shaw Brothers Hong Kong films, such as the Police Story trilogy & Deadly China Doll/Will you be releasing Case of the Bloody Iris?/Any chance of putting out an Ilsa trilogy? Or Warhols Dracula and Frankenstein 3D?/any older Japanese kaidan films as part of the 88 Asia line? Because aside from the big three (Onibaba, Kwaidan, Kuroneko) they're hard to get hold of/ Any plans for Super Inframan or Pulgasari ?/Rock 'n' roll high school?/
A: No plans

Q: Any chance to reduce your shipping charges to a more reasonable cost?
A: We only make a few pence on shipping so it's really there to cover the excellent but expensive fulfilment service we employ. We have now added a tracking option for UK customers btw.

Q: You mentioned the worm eaters a while back. Is there still plans for that?
A: The last release in that range, Girl in Gold boots, sold 14 week one and has now sold 70 in about 3 years.... so we don't think we'll recoup our pressing costs.

Q: Will you have another sale in conjunction with Fopp this summer?
A: Not this summer....... but yes.

Q: Is there anything you can do to provide matching red cases for the slasher line? It's a shame they are becoming different again and spoils the look of the set.
A: Going forward they'll all the newer VIVA case and that's that i'm afraid. We can't get the other's made in small enough quantities.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th June 2017, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Never heard of 976-EVIL, the "masterpiece" directorial debut of Robert Englund, funny that because I've never heard of a good 60% of their titles, and I've been a genre fan since about 1990
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th June 2017, 03:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Never heard of 976-EVIL, the "masterpiece" directorial debut of Robert Englund, funny that because I've never heard of a good 60% of their titles, and I've been a genre fan since about 1990
All I could think of after reading that was WTF are these guys doing releasing cult films!!

Its like some one releasing classic literature and not heard of Moby dick.

Anyone who's a fan of horror/cult films and isn't about 12 would of heard of the film even if they have not seen it.
Old 19th June 2017, 03:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I guess it will be a while before we get 976-Evil II then.
Rik, Justin101, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 19th June 2017, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
All I could think of after reading that was WTF are these guys doing releasing cult films!!

Its like some one releasing classic literature and not heard of Moby dick.

Anyone who's a fan of horror/cult films and isn't about 12 would of heard of the film even if they have not seen it.

What do you think I am there for? (And have done for 88 ever since I stopped helping Arrow?)

For the record 976-Evil looks to be owned by Lion's Gate now so I suspect you will see it coming out on Vestron but I might be wrong. It is one I looked into aaaaaages ago.

I hate to break it to you but Arrow's label manager and much of their staff are not devotees of this sort of material either. If they had been they wouldn't have lost me and all them lovely 88 titles. I still can't believe I got stuff like Nightmare for 88, just as a laugh, not even as a paid up employee!
Old 19th June 2017, 03:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
What do you think I am there for? (And have done for 88 ever since I stopped helping Arrow?)

For the record 976-Evil looks to be owned by Lion's Gate now so I suspect you will see it coming out on Vestron but I might be wrong. It is one I looked into aaaaaages ago.

I hate to break it to you but Arrow's label manager and much of their staff are not devotees of this sort of material either. If they had been they wouldn't have lost me and all them lovely 88 titles. I still can't believe I got stuff like Nightmare for 88, just as a laugh, not even as a paid up employee!
I'm not getting at 88 films just found it a little strange that who ever replyed appers to not of neard of it and not the biggest fan of arrow of late as they really aren't as good as they used to be, we been discussing them today elsewhere on here and they have became a tad greedy of late. 88 are releaseing more films of my liking of late than arrow
Rik, keirarts and will graham like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!