Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2017, 10:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
BU's had something like frames missing from every cut, and as a result made the movie weird and sync out or something. Can't remember exactly but definitely remember reading about it
well if it does none of the reviews have mentioned it... they all say its a top notch transfer.

i'm interested if you can link to something as this one is almost to the top of my 'to buy' list. just waiting to see how 88's compares. if there is not too much difference i'll go with BU as it's double-billed with another cheesy Italian flick - Rats: Night of Terror
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2017, 10:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
most (me) would prefer the Zombie Creeping Flesh title for video nasty/nostalgia reasons. however, the original title is Virus.

"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 5th August 2017, 10:50 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi3 View Post
Is Zombie Creeping Flesh the same as BU's transfer, with jump cuts, etc.?
I don't know because I haven't watched it yet. I'll try and let you know when I do but, as it has been years since I watched the Blue Underground DVD, I'll be unable to compare the two.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2017, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I definitely didn't notice anything at all like that when I last watched it, and I've watched the BU Blu a few times since buying it, if it was as bad as people say, I'm sure I would have done.
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th August 2017, 12:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't know because I haven't watched it yet. I'll try and let you know when I do but, as it has been years since I watched the Blue Underground DVD, I'll be unable to compare the two.
The AB/BU DVD was ok in this regard, but on the BU Blu-ray there were missing frames at the beginning/end of every shot resulting in jumps in the audio. This is especially noticeable if you listen to the Goblin score. It skips whenever there is a transition between shots. I didn't see any reviews mention it either but if anyone with the US Blu wants to check you can definitely hear it in the beginning scene with the SWAT raid, but the issue continues throughout the film. Very distracting IMO.
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.

Last edited by zombi3; 5th August 2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 5th August 2017, 12:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi3 View Post
The AB/BU DVD was ok in this regard, but on the BU Blu-ray there were missing frames at the beginning/end of every shot resulting in jumps in the audio. This is especially noticeable if you listen to the Goblin score. It skips whenever there is a transition between shots. I didn't see it in any reviews mention it either but if anyone with the US Blu wants to check you can definitely hear it in the beginning scene with the SWAT raid, but the issue continues throughout the film. Very distracting IMO.
I have the Blue Underground DVD release, not the Blu-ray one. It'll be interesting to watch the 88 Films one – in English and Italian – and see if I notice anything.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2017, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
well if it does none of the reviews have mentioned it... they all say its a top notch transfer.

i'm interested if you can link to something as this one is almost to the top of my 'to buy' list. just waiting to see how 88's compares. if there is not too much difference i'll go with BU as it's double-billed with another cheesy Italian flick - Rats: Night of Terror
Quote from BU themselves after people started pointing it out

"We became aware of the issue with HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD after the Blu-ray was released. We brought it to the attention of the Italian licensor who supplied the new HD master to us. They informed us that there was damage at several of the cement splices in the original negative, necessitating that they remove one frame on each side of the cut so that there wouldn’t be noticeable frame damage or picture jumps during those cuts. Please keep in mind that this is a 30+ year old, extremely low budget film. We're confident they did the transfer as best they could with what they had to work with. Hopefully this does not impede in your enjoyment of the film. We believe that the positives of this new HD transfer far outweigh any negatives. As there is no way to fix the damage to the negative, we are not able to issue replacement discs."

http://www.dvdexotica.com/2015/02/bl...-dead.html?m=1
Rik, keirarts and Rob4 like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 5th August 2017, 01:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Quote from BU themselves after people started pointing it out

"We became aware of the issue with HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD after the Blu-ray was released. We brought it to the attention of the Italian licensor who supplied the new HD master to us. They informed us that there was damage at several of the cement splices in the original negative, necessitating that they remove one frame on each side of the cut so that there wouldn’t be noticeable frame damage or picture jumps during those cuts. Please keep in mind that this is a 30+ year old, extremely low budget film. We're confident they did the transfer as best they could with what they had to work with. Hopefully this does not impede in your enjoyment of the film. We believe that the positives of this new HD transfer far outweigh any negatives. As there is no way to fix the damage to the negative, we are not able to issue replacement discs."

DVD Exotica: Blue Underground's Hell of the Living Dead (Sound Issues and DVD/ Blu-ray Comparison)
thanks for posting. sounds like 88's will be the same if they are using the same source. i'll hold off till someone does a comparison.
Old 5th August 2017, 01:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

So the blu might always be cut.
Old 5th August 2017, 02:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So the blu might always be cut.
it would make sense to try and utilise a very good interpositive for completeness... if one exists

Like this? Share it using the links below!