Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2017, 05:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
It's Callum just letting us know that Arrow are apparently always circling these slasher titles now. The number of staff Arrow actually employ to look into the rights and leases is by the by really.
Who cares?

As far as punters go i for one am not bothered who releases a film just as long as it's released.

I know some people have favourite labels but it wouldn't matter to me if a film was released by 88, Arrow, BFI, Network, Shameless...
gag, Gold6082, g053584398 and 9 others like this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 23rd August 2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 23rd August 2017, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Who cares?

As far as punters go i for one am not bothered who releases a film just as long as it's released.

I know some people have favourite labels but it wouldn't matter to me if a film was released by 88, Arrow, BFI, Network, Shameless...
I completely agree, I don't care who releases what titles I'm more concerned that they get picked up for release. We know that Arrow have scooped up a number of titles that 88 were after and I'm sure 88 have scooped up titles that Shameless were after. At the end of the day it's business.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th August 2017, 02:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've just watched the new version of Antropophagus and want to commend 88 Films on the excellent presentation due to them having it colour-corrected. I really hope they will be doing this for other titles that require it (e.g. Watch Me When I Kill could do with some colour correction work). I've always avoided their releases but had seen the screencaps of this so went to HMV yesterday to buy it.

One small niggle is not being able to watch the film with the Italian opening and closing credits when the Italian audio is selected (instead only being able to watch them in the special features) - it's not the end of the world but I would definitely appreciate being able to do that with subsequent Italian films. Joe D'amato's 'Death Smiles on a Murderer' would be a cool one to release if they could give it the same treatment as Anthro.
Old 24th August 2017, 08:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That woild be apt ...
And more Klaus is never a bad thing ....
keirarts, sjconstable and J Harker like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th August 2017, 10:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Anyone else think Necropolis (1987) would make a fab 88 release. Had a soft spot for this 80's film ever since watching it a while ago.
Demoncrat, keirarts and Drakie79 like this.
Old 1st September 2017, 08:15 AM
Cult Master

FB: "The Toolbox Murders will coming out completely uncut for the very first time ever in the UK from 88 Films!

Release date: 20th November.
"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st September 2017, 04:31 PM
Cult Master

88Films 'sale' at Zavvi

https://www.zavvi.com/offers/independent-labels/88.list
keirarts likes this.

Old 6th September 2017, 06:27 PM
Cult Master

"Director Juhn Jai-hong (who reached critical acclaim and feminist approval with 2008's shattering BEAUTIFUL) produced another instant classic with 2014's riveting and shocking GIFTED. In this tense thriller an everyday Joe, laid off from his job, finds a freelance gig that involves nothing in the way of pay but plenty in the way of murderous pleasure! A tense and twisted tale of life and death in modern South Korea - 88 Films is proud to give this underseen (at least in the West) story of shock and awe an HD British debut!"

Old 6th September 2017, 06:30 PM
Cult Master

"88 Films has joined the #hallyu trend! A whole continent was glued to the small screen when the hit South Korean television series IRIS made its prime time premiere! And now British viewers can experience the 2010 motion picture adaptation of this balls-to-the-wall action thriller in beautiful HD!! Featuring performances from Seoul superstars Lee Byung-hun (A BITTERSWEET LIFE), Jung Joon-ho (ANOTHER PUBLIC ENEMY) and T. O. P (the sex symbol rapper from Kpop chart toppers Big Bang), this rough edged tale of North vs. South military stand offs and a secret agency of bad ass license-to-kill fighters who have Kim Jong-un quaking is timely and terrific. As we all face nuclear annihilation in the Trump/ Pyongyang showdown at least enjoy the heart thumping fun of IRIS before the world comes to a crippling conclusion!

Only from 88 Films - the UK's truly international cult label!"

Old 7th September 2017, 07:25 AM
Cult Addict

So 88 are doing Korean cinema now? I certainly will take a chance on these. Hopefully if its an ongoing thing they may look at picking up some older titles. Memories of murder is currently getting restored and looking at an anniversary release sometime in the next year or so. That said I think studio canal might own it so doubtful they would licence it.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!