Old 18th January 2018, 10:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

Yeah, and according to 88 Films it’s a good review
JAMIOUSE and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th January 2018, 12:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, and according to 88 Films it’s a good review
It's a review; I don't know how many (if any) magazines or websites review their releases.
Old 18th January 2018, 12:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's a review; I don't know how many (if any) magazines or websites review their releases.

Yeah, but why promote it on social media as a good review when it clearly isn’t and doesn’t even really mention the disc!
g053584398 and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th January 2018, 02:00 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
It's a review
As far as I am aware, when a film is released on DVD or Blu-Ray, copies of it are sent out by the company (i.e 88films) to magazines and websites in order for it to be reviewed

Quote:
I don't know how many (if any) magazines or websites review their releases.
Maybe 88Films need to find a PR person who is able to provide copies for review purposes. Perhaps they need to do what Arrow used to do, and give copies to this very forum for prizes in weekly competitions!
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th January 2018, 02:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Perhaps they need to do what Arrow used to do, and give copies to this very forum for prizes in weekly competitions!

I miss Kyle’s competitions, always a lot of fun
Old 18th January 2018, 02:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
As far as I am aware, when a film is released on DVD or Blu-Ray, copies of it are sent out by the company (i.e 88films) to magazines and websites in order for it to be reviewed

Maybe 88Films need to find a PR person who is able to provide copies for review purposes. Perhaps they need to do what Arrow used to do, and give copies to this very forum for prizes in weekly competitions!
It's not always the case nowadays. Often they are sent a streaming link or other forms for review.

The website SexGoreMutants always say how they reviewed a film. For example

Leatherface - We were sent an online screener of LEATHERFACE for review.

Death Race 2050 - This screener was viewed online.
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 18th January 2018, 02:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I would imagine they don't have the money to distribute screener discs, let alone ones which resemble the finished article with packaging and booklets to represent the finished article. The only way, as Demdike suggested, would be to make it available as a stream. However, this wouldn't work very easily for the discs with different language tracks and a commentary.
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 18th January 2018, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

DarkSide Magazine usually review 88 releases apart from that it's mostly online reviews, usually months after the title has actually come out.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:24 PM
Cult Master

Amazon UK have got a couple of new 88Films announcements:

Offerings - Blu-ray £13.96. Release date April 9th

"If the slasher film formula teaches us anything it is not to bully a young child because, chances are, they might grow up to slice, stab and slaughter those who once wronged them. And from Jason Voorhees to PROM NIGHT (1980) and the late eighties shocker OFFERINGS there is one thing for sure - the body count is going to build and build as an adult avenger takes on a slasher rampage of their own! Released in 1989, the blood-splashed classic OFFERINGS serves up a small town revenge-rampage that is among the genre's most madcap and mesmerising. A perfect example of videotape-era terror, with a knife-wielding avenger that is guaranteed to provoke a spine-tingling reaction, this darkly comic - and proudly plasma-packed - example of teen-tormeting excellence has finally arrived back onto UK shelves in horrible HD courtesy of the controversy-courters at 88 Films!"

The Super Inframan - DVD £15.99. Release date April 23, 2018

"God bless the brilliance of Danny Lee (THE KILLER/ THE UNTOLD STORY) who emerged onto the Shaw Brothers scene with such outlandish fantasies as MIGHTY PEKING MAN (1977) and THE SUPER INFRAMAN (1975) - a tale of futuristic heroism and spandex costumes that could only have been dreamed up during the golden age of Hong Kong cinema. Featuring the sort of ambition that puts most superhero flicks to shame, this is a brilliant bicep-flexing bout of good vs. evil - as a costumed Chinese patriot takes the fight to a city-destroying mega-villain. Undoubtedly one of the finest Far Eastern action flicks of all-time, THE SUPER INFRAMAN makes its UK debut in a muscular HD transfer that could only have come from the Oriental-cinema obsessives at 88 Films!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

They aren't available to preorder/order directly from 88 Films yet, but they have good company on the Coming Soon page:

https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!