Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree14330Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6491  
Old 6th February 2018, 06:33 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

BTW-Glossy cover-accept no substitutes!
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #6492  
Old 6th February 2018, 06:47 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

No thanks. I only buy mediabooks if no other version exists....then sell them when a version comes out in a normal case.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #6493  
Old 6th February 2018, 06:55 PM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

What is the point of mediabooks anyway?
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #6494  
Old 6th February 2018, 07:11 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
What is the point of mediabooks anyway?


Donít get me wrong, some mediabooks are quite nice and most of them are numbered limited editions.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #6495  
Old 6th February 2018, 08:38 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I'd buy it.I have a lot of German mediabooks.
But as Nos says,not at the cost of buggering up spinebuilders.
So I'd buy both versions.
If there was a choice, I'd buy the Amaray with a booklet and leave the mediabook to people (like Reaps) who have more money than me.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6496  
Old 7th February 2018, 09:14 AM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Mediabooks are actually pretty decent when they have some interesting material in them. So long 88 don't start churning out hardboxes. I know they have their fans but I've always found them to be overpriced shite. Just my opinion mind but i'm convinced that's why they always seem to be limited to low print runs. Make people think they're buying a collectors item. At least with mediabooks and collectable booklets you get something to read. Every hardbox I ever bought felt cheap and nasty.
Reply With Quote
  #6497  
Old 7th February 2018, 09:21 AM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Mediabooks are actually pretty decent when they have some interesting material in them. So long 88 don't start churning out hardboxes. I know they have their fans but I've always found them to be overpriced shite. Just my opinion mind but i'm convinced that's why they always seem to be limited to low print runs. Make people think they're buying a collectors item. At least with mediabooks and collectable booklets you get something to read. Every hardbox I ever bought felt cheap and nasty.
I can imagine it being the booklet stuck onto a recyclable card case

The problem with media books when it comes to cds is they are overpriced and don't fit in cd racks.
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Reply With Quote
  #6498  
Old 7th February 2018, 09:25 AM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can imagine it being the booklet stuck onto a recyclable card case

The problem with media books when it comes to cds is they are overpriced and don't fit in cd racks.
It depends. I really liked the U.S. Mediabook that was put out for Sorcerer. I even have a couple of German ones that have decent images. But the level of production value is certainly going to be an issue. Thats why I prefer the little booklets 88 already include, or the books Arrow chuck in with the limited sets. Its easier to just take them out and read them.
Reply With Quote
  #6499  
Old 7th February 2018, 09:28 AM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
It depends. I really liked the U.S. Mediabook that was put out for Sorcerer. I even have a couple of German ones that have decent images. But the level of production value is certainly going to be an issue. Thats why I prefer the little booklets 88 already include, or the books Arrow chuck in with the limited sets. Its easier to just take them out and read them.
My first line was typed in jest.

I do have an issue with the size though as i say cd ones are lovely to look at but just clutter up as they can't be housed with other cds.

The price as well, the last Iron Maiden one was double the price of a regular cd.
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #6500  
Old 7th February 2018, 09:28 AM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Mind you. Sat typing and I just looked over at the mediabook of Sweet body of Deborah Taller than any of the other blu-rays on the shelf and sticking out like a sore thumb. The book is all in German so I could only garner bits and pieces from it. If 88 or Arrow released it tomorrow I'd Ebay the one I have in a heartbeat.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.