Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2018, 02:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
That was based off the plastic teeth clue which ended up being the Japanese vampire trilogy thing.
That's what spurred the conversation, but Jared clearly mentions his company (Mondo Macabro) attempted to get Vampyres, but just found out that Arrow have it. So Arrow have Vampyres, regardless of whether it was related to the Teeth clue or not.
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 28th March 2018, 03:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

apparently Code Red and Vinegar Syndrome have licensed titles from these guys. there is a lot of legalese on their website justifying their ownership of certain titles (although not Blood Harvest), so it looks at the very least they have gone to the bother of employing a copyright lawyer to help justify their ownership. its to our benefit if they are legit given that they are claiming ownership of over 1000 titles (150 horror titles) as there are more than enough titles out there in rights holder hell.
g053584398 and keirarts like this.
Old 28th March 2018, 04:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
apparently Code Red and Vinegar Syndrome have licensed titles from these guys. there is a lot of legalese on their website justifying their ownership of certain titles (although not Blood Harvest), so it looks at the very least they have gone to the bother of employing a copyright lawyer to help justify their ownership. its to our benefit if they are legit given that they are claiming ownership of over 1000 titles (150 horror titles) as there are more than enough titles out there in rights holder hell.
looking deeper it looks like most of their titles are public domain and/or films they have re-copyrighted under various international treaties such as GATT and the Berne Convention.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 05:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
looking deeper it looks like most of their titles are public domain and/or films they have re-copyrighted under various international treaties such as GATT and the Berne Convention.
Yup it's all a bit fishy. Have you ever seen a company website where there's so much legal stuff on EVERY page?
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 06:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It is a bit strange how they use random reviews by IMDb users as a selling point for films in certain sections (John Wayne Westerns, Classic B Musicals), even ones which aren't overly complimentary.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th March 2018, 10:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

88 have taken all their pre orders down. Got my code crom my skull points & saved it to my rewards, hoping i can use it later, wanted to get grizzly pre ordered but you cant pre order any more.
Anybody know why?
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th March 2018, 03:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got some stuff in the 88 sale, Dead Heat, Unhinged & Amazonia (can't see myself wanting to buy that in hd), used my skull points & came to £5.96 total
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 30th March 2018, 03:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
88 have taken all their pre orders down. Got my code crom my skull points & saved it to my rewards, hoping i can use it later, wanted to get grizzly pre ordered but you cant pre order any more.

Anybody know why?

I see all the titles are still in the Coming Soon section, so not sure why they’ve got rid of the preorder part of the site .
Old 30th March 2018, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watching the interview with "slasher expert" jim harper on Sweet Sixteen. Erm.....anyone else who watches, post your thoughts.

Justin Kersell is a lot better at this, at least we get a good commentary & the film looks qood! Will watch hopefully by end of the week.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 1st April 2018, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Sweet Sixteen & while the print itself is very clean & crisp, it's dull & talky. The commentary is great though so if you get bored, just switch the audio track.

Like this? Share it using the links below!