All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2018, 06:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
i love there release of the Bogey man with Susanna love were the man lives in the mirror.
I picked up that one recently but haven't got around to watching it yet. I also picked up Prozzie and The Devonsville Terror and haven't watched those either. Both of those feature Suzanna Love and both were directed by Ulli Lommel, as per The Boogeyman.
Old 24th June 2018, 06:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I picked up that one recently but haven't got around to watching it yet. I also picked up Prozzie and The Devonsville Terror and haven't watched those either. Both of those feature Suzanna Love and both were directed by Ulli Lommel, as per The Boogeyman.
Two decent films g. Especially Prozzie which was a bit different to what i was expecting. Enjoy.
Old 24th June 2018, 07:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Well said!
I'm a broken record here, but I remember nth generation bootlegs, havings films only copied off an italian vhs with no subs & the possibility of fines/jail for sneaking these things through customs, so I'm grateful for labels like 88 putting out all these great titles, and things like colour correction, compression, lossless audio etc don't bother me.
I prefer to enjoy the movies themselves, and not review the technical aspects of their reproduction. Probably because I don't have a fancy home cinema setup, just a basic tv & blu ray player. More love for the cult labels, less competition would be nice!
That is a good point. I suppose that those who are a bit younger than we are may not be aware of how things were in the draconian days when the BBFC cut so many films, especially anything with plenty of gore.

I remember sending off for a list of uncut VHS bootlegs of various video nasties from an advert in the back of Dark Side magazine back in the '90s. The picture quality of those bootlegs would have been horrendous, the majority would probably have been cropped and some wouldn't have even been in English!
Old 24th June 2018, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict

I got some from a Darkside ad too back in the day..

Cat in the brain
Maniac
Texas Chainsaw 2
Blue eyes of the broken doll
New York Ripper

I've got a felling there were a couple of others but can't remember.
Most of those copies were fairly decent at the time.
I think a few were from Laserdisc,

They've all been replaced since.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 24th June 2018, 07:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

CULT VIDEO in Amsterdam-some were okay quality (A Clockwork Orange,Cannibal Holocaust) some were horrendous quality (Driller Killer,Last House)
AND you always had the danger of Big Brother seizing your package!

So yeah,those of us who lived those days whilst collecting,88's releases are a breath of fresh air!
g053584398, keirarts and Graeme73 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th June 2018, 08:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Two decent films g. Especially Prozzie which was a bit different to what i was expecting. Enjoy.
How was the sound on that one, Dem?
I know i read some reviews, Amazon i think, that said it had audio issues. Put me off buying it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th June 2018, 09:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
How was the sound on that one, Dem?
I know i read some reviews, Amazon i think, that said it had audio issues. Put me off buying it.
The dvd release was fine.
Old 24th June 2018, 09:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The dvd release was fine.
Maybe it's just the blu-ray. There were a couple of bad reviews on Amazon. This was the worst.

88 films blu ray sound problems
17 November 2016
Format: Blu-ray|Verified Purchase
88 films have done a good job with the picture when comparing it to the old vipco DVD but downfall for this release is the sound, it just bad and distorted at times, I've contacted 88 films about this and said to the age of the film it the best they could do, but to me this is bs, I've got early sound films from early 30's which doesn't sound bad as this, a big downfall for this release which is a shame as it's a good film but can't understand why it under the slasher title when it not a slasher film, strange choice from 88 films
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th June 2018, 08:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
there was another as well with Suzanna in were she is married and gets her shoe stuck before being run over by a car and left with brain injuries ending up in a coma. she gets experimental brain surgery and although recovers finds she has memorys of a woman who was murdered by a maniac. and susanna finds out shes possessed by a brain downer. Brainwaves i think. and would like it to be released.
Old 25th June 2018, 09:12 AM
Cult Addict

I used to have that on VHS at one point.

41K-kpPNL7L.jpg
keirarts likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!