Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16557Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2018, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I wonder whether or not there is any chance at all of 88 Films releasing Fulci's Murder Rock?
There's always the Scorpion release. And it's region free as well.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th November 2018, 09:44 AM
Active Cultist

Quite happy about Night of the demons 2. I know people on fb are moaning that it's not the original but I always found this one to be the hardest movie of the franchise to get hold of in any kind of psychical release in the uk.

I do like it when they make multiple announcements that it's a variety of different types of films.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 24th November 2018, 01:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
Loving that 88 Films are getting some of the older Shaw Bros and Jackie Chan stuff but I'd love to see them do some decent extras in the way Hong Kong Legends did. Hardly any interviews to be had on them at all.
That is strange and slightly disappointing. I always love seeing 'Commentary with Bey Logan' on the press release/packaging because he has such an encyclopaedic knowledge and great delivery on commentary tracks, but wonder whether he is currently keeping a low profile because of last year's allegations of sexual misconduct, meaning his commentaries for the Project A films are missing from the Eureka releases. (He did respond with a statement on Facebook but that's now been deleted.)

88 Films have included commentaries and interviews with other people depending where the films were made and who is best placed to offer an informed opinion in an entertaining or user friendly way (Hansel and Gretel was good for that), but the releases could be more consistent in the quantity and quality of supplementary material.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th November 2018, 04:54 PM
Active Cultist

I did read Logan's statement, to be honest it made him seem guilty or that there was at least some truth in the accusations.
Think it's more 88 films not wanting to work with him rather than him keeping a low profile. I know Mike Leeder hates his guts and says the stories about his behavior are true.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th November 2018, 06:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
I did read Logan's statement, to be honest it made him seem guilty or that there was at least some truth in the accusations.
Think it's more 88 films not wanting to work with him rather than him keeping a low profile. I know Mike Leeder hates his guts and says the stories about his behavior are true.
As you say, it is probably more to do with companies like Eureka and 88 Films severing ties with Bey Logan because he has admitted his behaviour has previously been found wanting and perhaps because of the ongoing court case against Harvey Weinstein, someone with whom Logan worked.

I think it's probably best if we stick to the releases and films here rather than people though.

I have ordered both the upcoming Lo Wei-directed films with Jackie Chan and noticed that Swamp Thing is back on the website as a prerelease which is not yet available to order.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...13798401310762
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th November 2018, 09:15 PM
Active Cultist

agreed nosferatu
Old 25th November 2018, 01:32 PM
Cultist

I do miss the Bey commentaries and thought it was a bit shite that they didn't put them on the Eureka releases. Hadn't realised 88 Films had cut their ties with him as well.

Wish people could seperate the person from the art. Bey might be a prick but his commentaries on martial arts films are superb. Anyone who watched his input on the HKL releases would have clocked his creepy as fu*k behaviour anytime Maggie Q was mentioned anyway lol But think of how many actors, musicians, authors you like who are totally reprehensible people. I always though he came across as a bit tragic anyway, like thinking he was best pals wi Donnie Yen. Like Donnie would be in a bar and he'd see Bey come crawling up and be thinking awe fu*k no this clown again.

But my original post was more about hoping for more interviews on the 88 Films releases with the actors from the 70s and 80s Shaw Brothers films. The thing that made HKL one of the greatest labels ever in my opinion was that they gave you interviews with folk you thought you would never see; Fung Hak On, Mars, Lau Kar Wing, Leung Kar Yan, Billy Chow, Chin Kar Lok, John Cheung, Lee Hoi San, Dick Wei etc I would love to see 88 Films getting some interviews with some of the Shaw Brothers folk.

Not interested in someone talking for 10 minutes or a booklet that's 75% made up of someone just listing films and dates. Interviews with Lo Meng, Lu Feng, Philip Kwok, Chen Kuan Tai etc or don't bother
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by John Matrix; 26th November 2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 27th November 2018, 08:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ok, Student Bodies price problem....
Amazon had it for £9.99 on monday, £14.80 today,
Hmv list it as £9.99 on website, £19.99 on the sticker in store!!!

Much confusion! It's worth a tenner at most please help!
Old 27th November 2018, 10:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

I’m just watching it now, it’s possibly the worst of the Slasher Classics line so far. So wait until it’s going cheap somewhere.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 27th November 2018, 10:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

It scans in HMV as £9.99 despite the price tag. At least it did in mine.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!