Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2020, 02:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th February 2020, 03:48 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Always loved that Hollow Man artwork.

However,I’ll need to rebuy the Ltd Ed for the underrated Hollow Man 2.

Honestly thought the single Hollowman release would be a 2 disc set and just drop Hollowman 2, but it's just disc 2 from the limited edition (the theatrical cut).
Old 28th February 2020, 04:46 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm surprised that's it's the first Hollowman film since the disc is a direct port of the one already out from Sony. I thought they'd just release H2.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Last edited by Justin101; 28th February 2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 28th February 2020, 04:53 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm surprised that's it's the first Hollowman film since the disc is a direct pretty of the one already out from Sony. I thought they'd just release H2.

I think the Sony disc is the Director's Cut. The 88 disc is the Theatrical Cut. It also has a commentary with Verhoeven & Bacon which for some reason isn't advertised.
Justin101 and Rob4 like this.
Old 28th February 2020, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think the Sony disc is the Director's Cut. The 88 disc is the Theatrical Cut. It also has a commentary with Verhoeven & Bacon which for some reason isn't advertised.
That makes more sense but I still would have thought the sequel since it's not our on disc in Europe apart from the box set.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th February 2020, 08:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah the Sony disc is the director's cut,I still have it for the artwork.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th March 2020, 08:15 PM
Cult Master

Armour of God II: Operation Condor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"The Asian Hawk is back! Undeterred by nearly dying while making the first Armour of God, Jackie Chan returned to battle for a sequel that's bigger, better and even more daring. This time, Jackie's intrepid treasure hunter is on the hunt for some Nazi gold but recovering it will not be easy, let alone safe.

The most expensive Hong Kong film produced at that time, Armour of God II: Operation Condor showcases some of Jackie's best stunts and action, building up to an epic climax that will blow you off your feet. The black belts at 88 Films are thrilled to present the UK Blu-Ray premier – uncut! – of this great fan favourite.
"

Extras to be announced

The other cover

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th March 2020, 04:25 PM
Cult Master

"Update to our extremely valued customers.

Dear Customers,

You don't need us to tell you this is very worrying time and many, many things that we took for granted merely days or weeks ago are totally different. Please everyone be vigilant as we want you all to enjoy our releases for many years to come.

Firstly we're a small business, there are just 2 of us that actually run 88 Films but we have lots of partner companies that carry out our distribution, manufacturing, replication, website sales etc. We have been assured by ALL of these companies that they operating social distancing, extra hand washing, isolation in the event of symptoms etc. Personally, we are seperated currently, one of us is at home, working in isolation and the other is in the office so we are doing what we can to keep running. As far as we know our main distributors are still operating and shipping to Amazon, Zavvi, Base.com, Zoom.co.uk, Entertainment Alliance so you should still be able to buy our releases, at least in the short term.

Also our website is still currently shipping out and we are still operating same day shipment before 4pm GMT. However, we have just been informed of the following:

Royal Mail have told us that from this Wednesday, 25 March, all orders from the UK to US will be sent via an economy service, due to the Coronavirus crisis. This will take significantly longer than usual.

Travel and public health restrictions have significantly reduced transatlantic air transport capacity, and could disrupt the operations of both Royal Mail here and their partners in the US. As such, economy services will now travel by sea and may be subject to further delays at either end.

So finally this with all the disruption that is going on we are going to really struggle to be able to tell you where your deliveries are. So please don't bombard us with emails if your order takes longer than normal as sadly we're unlikely to be able to give you a proper answer. Please just be patient and when all this is over and the dust has settled, any missing orders can easily be replaced or refunded.

Thanks and keep safe everyone, we've got some AMAZING releases coming up for when things are back to normal.

88 Films"

Old 1st April 2020, 11:40 AM
Cult Master

"A few upcoming Q3 titles.... Final specs TBC"

"Fearless Hyena"
"42nd Street Memories"
"Dragon Lord"
"The Untold Story"*
"La Casa 4"

* People are questioning this title, and suggesting it might be an April Fools jape

Old 1st April 2020, 12:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"A few upcoming Q3 titles.... Final specs TBC"

"Fearless Hyena"
"42nd Street Memories"
"Dragon Lord"
"The Untold Story"*
"La Casa 4"

* People are questioning this title, and suggesting it might be an April Fools jape
Why aren't they questioning 42nd Street Memories which was an extra on Anthropophagous?

Like this? Share it using the links below!