Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16550Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2021, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve had story of Ricky for years on Hong Kong legends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6F06FDD5-EC2D-46FC-B8DE-B8641DF8B7EB.jpeg (45.9 KB, 7 views)
g053584398 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 4th May 2021, 12:30 PM
Cultist

The 88 films big box editions might be ok, but alot depends on quality. They could easily fit into the Italian collection as SEs. Does Killing Birds really need a bells & whistles big box?

For me, it depends on the booklet. £25 is ok for a mini-book and poster. But the "I know what you did" set had a standard inlay masquerading as a mini-book.

101 films put out a similar product at £14.99 (although their Spookies booklet is unreadable) so 88 will have to be careful.

Again, I'll reserve judgement until I see it.
Old 4th May 2021, 12:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post

101 films put out a similar product at £14.99 (although their Spookies booklet is unreadable) so 88 will have to be careful.
I don't mean this to sound offensive but it must be an eyesight thing with the Spookies booklet because i found it easy enough to read.
Old 4th May 2021, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Does Killing Birds really need a bells & whistles big box?
FFS NO IT DOES'NT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I suppose it's a matter of taste. For me that title has to be well below the £10.00 price point for me to even consider it.

At the same time, I probably pay more than I need to for the Hammer sets from Indicator simply because I want to give them an incentive to keep them coming.
Old 4th May 2021, 01:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
FFS NO IT DOES'NT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I suppose it's a matter of taste. For me that title has to be well below the £10.00 price point for me to even consider it.
I wouldn't even consider upgrading Killing Birds from the old Shriek Show dvd. Just not worth it. The only reason i've still got it is because it's in a box with a couple of better films.
Old 4th May 2021, 01:10 PM
Cult Veteran

I'll be buying it for the set, but only because I don't already have a DVD, and I won't be buying the limited edition, I'll be waiting until the inevitable October sale in HMV and buy it then.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th May 2021, 08:05 PM
Active Cultist

Might go down to 15 on their website. Lot of their other special limited editions have done via there
Old 4th May 2021, 09:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I’ve had story of Ricky for years on Hong Kong legends.
This is the version, I've got. TBH, there's nothing on the Blu-Ray to make me want the upgrade.
gag likes this.
Old 4th May 2021, 09:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
The 88 films big box editions might be ok, but alot depends on quality. They could easily fit into the Italian collection as SEs. Does Killing Birds really need a bells & whistles big box?

For me, it depends on the booklet. £25 is ok for a mini-book and poster. But the "I know what you did" set had a standard inlay masquerading as a mini-book.

Again, I'll reserve judgement until I see it.
I thought that too, I have no idea how things work regarding obtaining rights and BBFC costs but I'm wondering if the costs regarding Gestapo's Last Orgy have meant that 88 Films have to recoup their loses on that title?
Old 4th May 2021, 09:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
This is the version, I've got. TBH, there's nothing on the Blu-Ray to make me want the upgrade.
I’m happy with a lot of dvd versions until I find them cheap, it’ll cost a small fortune to keep replacing all your dvd every-time blu ray 4K comes out, and sometimes the dvd are good enough.

Like this? Share it using the links below!