Like Tree16550Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2021, 07:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
THE POSSESSION prequel-sequel is FAR superior.
Yes, i agree there.
Old 7th May 2021, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wholesale nasty Exorcist rip-off!

Would like to see an 88 set of the first three....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th May 2021, 07:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
THE POSSESSION prequel-sequel is FAR superior.
Just watched The Amityville Horror last night for the first time ever! I know, how did that happen? It came across as an overblown TV Movie, but was alright taken in that context. The worst part was a plot strand which involved a detective which was a total dead end. I can't help thinking it was there just to pad out the running time. And then there was no meet up with the Steiger priest character and the family which seemed to be what it was building to a la The Exorcist, which again was a letdown. I couldn't help thinking that the contemporaneous Burnt Offerings was far superior as a ghost story and yet did far less business.

You are right Reaps, the prequel is much better. At least it delivers on the plot threads.
Old 7th May 2021, 07:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Spot on about the TV movie feel Rob.

Our Margot is one of the few worthwhile elements in it.

Who knew flies were so deadly eh?

(Apart from Jeff Goldblum)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th May 2021, 07:59 PM
Cultist

An Amityville set would be great for 88 to do. The rights must be about somewhere: vinegar syndrome put out a US set of the dodgy sequels.
Old 7th May 2021, 08:01 PM
Cult Master

From FB:

"Quick question:

Do you want us to bring back untracked shipping?

We’ve had a lot of feedback/complaints recently about the high costs of our international shipping costs which we do totally understand but we are literally passing on the cost of the tracked services within a few pence and we lose out if you order more than 2-3 items.

The reason we did it was because we were getting so many complaints about undelivered items, maybe 10-15 a day some days and it was costing a lot to send replacements out and if we’re honest we were pretty surprised that so many items weren’t getting there.

Also the amount of people who chose untracked shipping and then emailed a week later asking for a tracking number was kind of winding me up....

So, have you been put off by the change of postal service and price hike? Have you stopped buying 88 Films? Have you bought from elsewhere and if so how was the experience? If we brought it back would you come back to us direct and promise not to email asking for a tracking number? Just wanted to start a discussion and see how to from your point of view because I guess we only see the negative side really dealing with problems and complaints when they arise. Also how does our direct website experience compare with other labels you buy from?

Let us know?

PS We’re hoping to have a part time customer service person in place fairly soon so emails should be responded to a bit quicker."

This was then added a bit later:
"After reading all the feedback, we're going to re-instate the untracked shipping for orders upto and including £40. Anything over that will still be tracked only. Hope that helps some people! Have a lovely weekend everyone!"
g053584398 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th May 2021, 08:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah Second Sight has had the rights for a good now while to the first one....might be about to expire?

I have the NSM German discs of 2&3 and the rights seem to be with MGM...Who 88 already deal with.....

Old 8th May 2021, 04:24 PM
Active Cultist

Amityville is one of those films that was on a regular rotation on ITV back in the 80s. I recorded it off tv and used to watch it on a regular basis. Not a fan of the sequels.
Old 9th May 2021, 07:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I’m happy with a lot of dvd versions until I find them cheap, it’ll cost a small fortune to keep replacing all your dvd every-time blu ray 4K comes out, and sometimes the dvd are good enough.
Yeah, I only upgrade when the extras are interesting, that's why I haven't upgraded Nowhere To Run
Old 19th May 2021, 09:05 AM
Cultist

Hi all, quick question. Is the slasher classics line discontinued?

Like this? Share it using the links below!