Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2021, 06:57 AM
Cult Master

'Delirium' (1979) - Coming soon from 88 Films

Release date: January 31

"For his feature film debut, director Peter Maris (MINISTRY OF VENGEANCE, DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY) took portions of an unfinished urban conspiracy thriller and added a new psycho-killer procedural to create what may be the most unusual/vicious proto-slasher shocker of the ‘70s: When a series of savage murders rocks St. Louis, the police investigation will lead to a deranged Vietnam vet “who looks like a cracked-out Seth McFarlane” (HorrorNews.net), an underground organization of white-collar vigilantes, gratuitous nudity, graphic violence and an absolute masterclass in low-budget regional filmmaking. One of the very first Section 2 Video Nasties, this longtime VHS rarity – also known as PSYCHO PUPPET – is now fully restored from the only known 35mm print in existence."

Special Features:
  • Directing DELIRIUM: Interview With Director Peter Maris
  • Monster Is Man: Interview With Special Effects Artist Bob Shelley
  • Trailer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delirium - Psycho Puppet.jpg (99.3 KB, 8 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th November 2021, 07:07 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Flag of Iron' (1980) - Pre-order available from Amazon UK - £15:00

Release date: September 20

"Another cult classic from the Shaw Brothers Studio, The Flag of Iron is a quintessential Hong Kong tale of rivals, betrayal and family feuds. When the master of the Iron Flag clan is killed by a mysterious assassin known only as Spearman, it sets off an explosive chain of events which pits two brothers against each other in an action-packed adventure of fist flying fury.

Directed by Chan Cheh (The One-Armed Swordsman, Five Venoms), this kinetic and highly influential Kung Fu picture, mixes traditional storytelling with more modern presentation techniques, layering acrobatics, the use exotic weaponry and quick as lightening fight sequences to produce a sure fire entertaining hit, which no serious collector of martial arts movies can be without.
"
New release date - February 7

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 27th November 2021, 07:12 AM
Cult Master

'Legendary Weapons Of China' (1982) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Amazon UK - £14.00

Release date: February 7

"When the former member of a failing magical kung fu order threatens to destroy the remaining group’s reputation through his loud mouth insults and defamatory behaviour, an elite band of killers is dispatched to silence him forever.

Though perhaps the golden age of martial cinema had been and gone, this late entry wuxia style film from The Shaw Brothers house of dreams was still able to pack a powerful punch. Written, directed and starring Chia-Liang Liu (The Spiritual Boxer, Spiritual Boxer II), this gloriously fast-paced drama which entertainingly mixes swordplay with hand to hand combat in a fabulously furious rollicking adventure weaves its own special kind of magic."

Extras:
  • Restored HD Master in 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
  • 2.0 English Mono
  • 2.0 Cantonese Mono
  • Remastered English Subtitles
  • Audio Commentary with Asian cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
  • Audio commentary with Asian cinema expert Frank Djeng and Actor / Martial Artist Michael Worth
  • Audio commentary with Asian cinema expert Frank Djeng
  • Eighteen Weapons - David West on Legendary Weapons of China
  • Gordon At Shaw - Interview with Actor Gordon Lui
  • Titus At Shaw - Interview with Producer Titus Ho
  • Original Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien & Original Hong Kong poster artwork

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 27th November 2021, 07:18 AM
Cult Master

'Night Of The Demon' (1980) - Coming to Blu-Ray from 88 Films in February

"Amid the gush of early ‘80s low-budget backwoods horror, only one lost classic brought together softcore sex, hardcore violence, Satanic sex cults and a limb-tearing, gut-slinging, dick-ripping beast for “the best and bloodiest Bigfoot movie ever made.” (Buried.com): When a group of Anthropology students heads deep into the forest to investigate a series of Sasquatch attacks, they’ll discover an immortal brain-blast of crazy hermits, mutilated Girl Scouts, interspecies copulation and “one of the goriest final scenes in the whole history of splatter flicks” (A Slash Above). Producer/co-writer Jim L. Ball and director James C. Wasson deliver “an anti-masterpiece that moves like a bullet, unlike anything you’ve ever seen” (Mondo Digital) now scanned in 2K from the recently discovered 35mm answer print with over 5½ hours of Special Features on two discs"

Special Features:

Disc 1:
  • Just A Little Green Kid Outta Waco, Texas: Interview With Producer Jim L. Ball
  • The Demon Made Me Do It: Interview With Director James C. Wasson
  • Eye Of The Demon: Interview With Cinematographer John Quick
  • FRATERNITY OF HORROR: Previously Unreleased 1964 Feature Produced By Jim L. Ball And Shot By John Quick
  • Trailer

Disc 2:
  • Cryptid Currency: Transgression Aggression In Bigfoot Cinema — Video Essay By David Coleman, Author Of The Bigfoot Filmography
  • Tales From The Cryptid: Interview With Stephen R. Bissette, Co-Author Of Cryptid Cinema
  • Deconstructing Patty: Interview With William Munns, Author Of When Roger Met Patty
  • Mondo Bigfoot: Interview With Lyle Blackburn, Author Of Boggy Creek Casebook
  • BAN THE SADIST VIDEOS!
  • BAN THE SADIST VIDEOS! PART 2
  • My Nasty Memories: Interview With BAN THE SADIST VIDEOS! Director David Gregory

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88films - night of the demon.jpg (97.5 KB, 8 views)

Old 27th November 2021, 12:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Excellent. Delighted i held off from Severin's release.
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th November 2021, 01:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ditto on both counts – I've never seen it, but I am keen to rectify that.
Old 27th November 2021, 01:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Ditto on both counts – I've never seen it, but I am keen to rectify that.
The old Code Red dvd was very much a step up from all the other prints i've seen, well, the one print i'd seen which was VIPCO and looked shocking. I'm looking forward to this release.

It's a dodgy yet remarkable movie, limited in budget but really good fun.
Old 27th November 2021, 03:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
The old Code Red dvd was very much a step up from all the other prints i've seen, well, the one print i'd seen which was VIPCO and looked shocking. I'm looking forward to this release.

It's a dodgy yet remarkable movie, limited in budget but really good fun.
https://www.mondo-digital.com/nightdemon.html

Looks like it's a big step up from Code Red. I only saw it on a very smudged, impenetrably dark VHS back in the day so it'll probably be a revalatory experience for me . I tend to like these regional movies despite their shortcomings.

[SPOILER]

Check out the screen shot of the biker who appears to have employed his cum face rather than the extreme pain of getting his dick ripped off
Old 27th November 2021, 11:05 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I was just playing around on the website yesterday, this is great news, can spend money in something else
Old 28th November 2021, 09:14 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A classic.However,ain't regretting buying the Severin releases.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!