Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd February 2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 436797)
They are awesome extras.

It'll help you lose the beer weight!

:lol: Thanks! :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd February 2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 436773)
I always thought the retailer ordered X amount of discs at a set fee payable to the distributor, say £5 a disc, then sell them for whatever they wanted.

I can find out as i know someone who ran an indie record shop for several years before he was sold the business.

This is how I believed it worked too (I actually used to be a buyer myself so know a little about it).

Obviously the price point with the supplier can generally be negotiated depending on how many units you take and this will therefore effect your profit per unit sold. I'm also guessing that the 'big boys' such as Amazon have a lot of sway in determining a distributors own selling price, as if you are under-cutting them they will simply turn around and state they won't be ordering as many units or ask for them at a lower price. I think this is a reason why Arrow stopped undercutting Amazon's pre-order prices because at the end of the day, Amazon control the market in terms of e-sales and probably have a massive sway over the prices that these niche indie distributors charge - at least at the pre-order level.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd February 2015 10:12 PM

I guessed there was something along the lines of a 'bulk buyer' discount, but it seems it's basically powerful retailers bullying distributors.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd February 2015 01:03 PM

The newest additions to 88's slasher collection (Mother's Day and Slaughterhouse) are apparently selling for £8.99 in HMV - that's if you can find a store that stocks them of course! ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd February 2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 436869)
The newest additions to 88's slasher collection (Mother's Day and Slaughterhouse) are apparently selling for £8.99 in HMV - that's if you can find a store that stocks them of course! ;)

That's insanely cheap!

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd February 2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 436871)
That's insanely cheap!

It is. Especially when HMV sell comparable Arrow blu-rays for around £15. And as suspected, the RRP is £19.99 on these. Crazy.

J Harker 23rd February 2015 01:37 PM

Neither of them in my local branch. Although at £8.99 I'd have snapped them up.

J Harker 23rd February 2015 01:40 PM

For a while a year or so back new Arrow blus were very reasonable in HMV. I picked The Car up for £8 and Squirm for £11. The Usher and Time Bandits Steelies were cheaper than anywhere else. Then People under The Stairs was £19.99! And they've been dear there ever since.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd February 2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 436872)
It is. Especially when HMV sell comparable Arrow blu-rays for around £15. And as suspected, the RRP is £19.99 on these. Crazy.

When you consider Amazon are selling them for £14, HMV being cheapest is like entering some bizarro alternate universe!

plasterface 23rd February 2015 02:26 PM

score

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 436869)

i got em in newcastle branch, mothers day was strangely hid behind slaughterhouse