All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16554Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2015, 08:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayzeUK View Post
£14.99 each plus postage, Im gonna wait till they sell them cheap to HMV and the get them for £8.99 each.
Don't Go in the Woods Alone is £13.99 in HMV so I think the days of the cheap 88 films releases in HMV might be over
Old 4th March 2015, 09:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Don't Go in the Woods Alone is £13.99 in HMV so I think the days of the cheap 88 films releases in HMV might be over

While £8.99 is a great price for new blu-rays, I can understand why this has happened. With 88 saying the made around £1 from HMV selling them for that price, coupled with the fact that their competitors similar titles sell for £14-£20 in there, I don't think they can/could realistacally sustain themselves like that.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th March 2015, 09:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Madman is one title I've always wanted to see and I've held off getting the Code Red release in the hope a UK label would pick it up. I'm Just currently watching Don't go in the Woods, I'd forgotten quite how bad it was. Possibly the least attractive cast ever assembled for a slasher and a score that really is beyond bizarre. But it's good cheesy fun!
Old 4th March 2015, 09:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I'm Just currently watching Don't go in the Woods, I'd forgotten quite how bad it was. Possibly the least attractive cast ever assembled for a slasher and a score that really is beyond bizarre. But it's good cheesy fun!
Yeah, my copy arrived from Amazon today. I may give it a spin tomorrow night and see if it's as bad as I remember!
Old 4th March 2015, 10:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Inept springs to mind but watchful ineptness. I'm now viewing Slaughterhouse which is pretty good so far at least I'm not wishing the entire cast dead so far!
Old 5th March 2015, 10:46 AM
Cult Addict

Slaughterhouse has me intruiged. Apparently it's quite high profile for such a low budget slasher, and even had custom shot trailers and cinema reels.
keirarts likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 5th March 2015, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well that's all three of the recent 88 releases now watched, they'd only been sat next to my blu player for three weeks. Mothers Day is an odd one, on one hand I liked it on the other it is rather raw, the presentation is brilliant though and it's nice to see Lady Gaga's acting debut.
Don't go in Woods is completely inept, contains the least attractive cast ever assembled but manages to be entertaining anyway. What is the guy in the wheelchair doing and where is he going? Totally bonkers! The presentation looks good in HD but there are lots of scratches and damage on the print.
Slaughterhouse is surprisingly good, I really wasn't expecting it to be as near involving or well made as it is. The cast are into their characters and you actually care about them. The presentation is once again great, a few specks and things but nothing too distracting.

I Look forward to Chainsaw Hookers and Bogey Man, Splatter U has been delayed.
Old 5th March 2015, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Think it's pretty safe to say that Anthropophagus is on the cards (literally) from 88

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th March 2015, 01:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Yep, that's definitely Antro.

Not sure about the other one... looks like there's some jungle/greenery around so it could be another cannibal film (?)
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th March 2015, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Been waiting for this day very long! Finally Antropophagus will be in HD

Like this? Share it using the links below!