Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2014, 04:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
I have both films on blu from Media Blasters. If they end up being the same, why should I double dip? Hope folks at 88 Films know what they are doing
Hopefully different special features and a Director's Cut
Old 15th September 2014, 05:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have both films on blu from Media Blasters. If they end up being the same, why should I double dip? Hope folks at 88 Films know what they are doing

I always love how people (in general) complain about films already having a release in another country. That's really not a big factor when companies decide to release something in their own country. The same is true for both Arrow and Scream Factory.
Old 15th September 2014, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Speaking as someone who already owns the Shriek Show versions, I will most likely be getting these as they are scuzzy favourites of mine, and will no doubt be an improvement over the SS versions, who in general do not really put a lot of care and effort into their releases. However, saying that the SS versions are decent and certainly an improvement over their DVD counterparts.
Old 15th September 2014, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wonder if 88 Films intend releasing Anthropophagus and Absurd eventually as well?
Would love to see them in HD.
Boo Radley, shel and JoshuaKaitlyn like this.
Old 15th September 2014, 05:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

Why a Cannibal documentary on a Zombie film? Am I missing something??

Isn't there cannibally things in Zombi Holocaust?

I'm super happy with this announcement - not got them on BD so essential purchases for me.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 15th September 2014, 06:01 PM
Cultist

Really curious to see if Burial Ground is the same "frames missing from every shot" print used on the (now out of print) BD or something different.

Love the covers though. Real 80s VHS vibe. Neither have had decent proper painted poster/ cover art.

Very good announcement.
Old 15th September 2014, 06:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

This announcement is full of Peter Bark like win

I can now replace my dusty Vipco version of Burial Ground and my even older Zombie Holocaust DVD!
Old 15th September 2014, 07:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This is what I was afraid of, they'll be using the dreadful Media Blasters/Shriek Show transfer for Burial Ground:

" I think that might be all that's available for Burial Ground - but I've been assured they can work with it and avoid the SS outcome. They are aware of the mess-up in the presentation as well - so it will be the full version. I'm not sure what the deal is with Zombi Holocaust is. As I said in my blog, it is either these films sit on the shelf or we work with what is available. I know I would prefer the latter and no one has a gun to your head when it comes to how to spend your money. I remain as interested as you in the outcome."
Old 15th September 2014, 07:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
This is what I was afraid of, they'll be using the dreadful Media Blasters/Shriek Show transfer for Burial Ground:

" I think that might be all that's available for Burial Ground - but I've been assured they can work with it and avoid the SS outcome. They are aware of the mess-up in the presentation as well - so it will be the full version. I'm not sure what the deal is with Zombi Holocaust is. As I said in my blog, it is either these films sit on the shelf or we work with what is available. I know I would prefer the latter and no one has a gun to your head when it comes to how to spend your money. I remain as interested as you in the outcome."

But that looks like they're going to go all out (as much as they can afford I assume) to make sure it's better than the version SS put out. With them being a small (and I mean tiny operation), they have to work with what's available. Unless it's a title that would justify spending thousands of pounds to stump up for a new transfer (which these aren't).
Old 15th September 2014, 07:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Both are day one purchases for me, they seem to be coming out with some cracking releases these days, unlike other UK companies that rarely release anything worthy of my cash
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!