Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2015, 11:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't see any point in releasing Man From Deep River when it probably has zero chance of being uncut. And especially as Raro are releasing it as well. Fully intact most likely.
Old 6th February 2015, 11:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not to me particularly.

Perhaps i should have added 'in comparison with their other releases'.

They're a small company, 2 guys, with other jobs. Even adding subs to these is an extra expense on the Italian tracks (you'll notice they stuff they release in English don't have subs). Look, I'm not trying to start an arguement mate, I just think they should be cut a little slack. I've met James & Rich who run 88, and they're really cool guys. They feel really bad when any titles they release doesn't sell as well as they'd hope, and I'm sure if they had unlimited funds, they'd load every title with as much as they could cram on a disc.

And as much as I like Shameless, I think 88 Films have surpassed them, both in what they've already released, and what's coming up.
Rik, MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 7th February 2015, 12:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The lack of extras doesn't bother me in the slightest, their funds are been spent on securing the rights and HD masters which is much more important than an interview with the director of lightning or something. I hope the range is successful, I'd love to see Solange, Blood Stained Orchids and Seven Notes in black get the Blu treatment.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th February 2015, 12:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Attachment 156432

Coming soon (minus a few minutes obviously)
Seen this uncut on VHS, no way the BBFC will pass this intact(just too much animal cruelty even for 1972) but I remember it was very well filmed the Hardgore dvd looks pretty good, bit like a gory travel documentary, might be fun to guess how much the BBFC demands be chopped for an 18, and as I recall this has worse animal scenes than Ferox, so maybe 88 are testing the water.
Old 7th February 2015, 02:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
The lack of extras doesn't bother me in the slightest, their funds are been spent on securing the rights and HD masters which is much more important than an interview with the director of lightning or something. I hope the range is successful, I'd love to see Solange, Blood Stained Orchids and Seven Notes in black get the Blu treatment.
Yeah, I'd buy Seven Notes in Black.
Old 7th February 2015, 06:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Attachment 156432

Coming soon (minus a few minutes obviously)
A pointless effort. Not uncut, no sale. Will wait for the Raro disc.
Old 7th February 2015, 06:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd rather they would release Anthropophagus tbh. At least there's more chance of it being fully uncut.

Maybe a safer option for a cannibal film could be Emanuelle and The Last Cannibals, but even that may not pass with the nipple slicing. Still a big no no at the BBFC if New York Ripper's anything to go by.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th February 2015, 07:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I'd rather they would release Anthropophagus tbh. At least there's more chance of it being fully uncut.

Maybe a safer option for a cannibal film could be Emanuelle and The Last Cannibals, but even that may not pass with the nipple slicing. Still a big no no at the BBFC if New York Ripper's anything to go by.
They said Anthropophagus wasn't available. Indeed they should spens their time and money on something that would pass uncut. Now I wonder what will they say if the sales of Man From Deep River aren't good enough.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th February 2015, 10:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Perhaps we should all call ourselves Doctors of film now as the criteria required seems to be.... bugger all!

So, Dr Radley's diagnosis of the forthcoming Man From Deep River is a slightly puzzled, "Why?" 88 Films have done wonders for extreme film fans and I salute them. However out of all the sub genres of film the cannibal entries seem to cause the most debate and consternation due to the oft mentioned animal carnage. And this one is full of it!!

I cannot see the beloved BBFC deciding that the scenes will come under the heading of "slaughter rather than torture" which they applied to most of the carnage on CH. So they will put out a cut version which will then be up against Raro's uncut version.

For myself and a few other Dr's out there, I'm sure, the choice has been already made as to which version will end up in our collections.
Old 7th February 2015, 10:04 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default 88 Films Upcoming releases

If the beginning of that post is having a go at Mr W, give it a rest please. If not, my mistake.

Like this? Share it using the links below!