Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2015, 08:05 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
I have a lot of 88 Films titles on pre-order, mostly Italian ones and truly appreciate what they do but I think they really should communicate with their customers. There are a lot of unanswered questions on their facebook page, etc. I don't think it's too hard to spend 10-20 minutes a day to get back to your customers.
I cannot speak for 88Films, but I do know that sometimes you really do not have any time to spend answering questions on FB

In the job I do, there are days when I cannot spend 10 minutes on the entire computer, let alone a single site

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th May 2015, 12:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I cannot speak for 88Films, but I do know that sometimes you really do not have any time to spend answering questions on FB

In the job I do, there are days when I cannot spend 10 minutes on the entire computer, let alone a single site
In any line of business communication is the key.

You communicate with the people that matter ie - the customers - whilst you are serving surely.

There is a difference. I get what Ant says. Even Code Red who are a one man operation, communicate frequently with his customers via social media.

Naturally not every question needs to be answered, but some do. Such as updates on the Kickstarter campaign that so many subscribed to.

88's output is top notch if they can just sort out a way of reaching people then all would be perfect.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'll pick up Tromeo and Juliet on blu for when i eventually get a player.

Lemmy and Tiffany Shepis in the same film and interviews is a mouth watering proposition.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th May 2015, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
In any line of business communication is the key.

You communicate with the people that matter ie - the customers - whilst you are serving surely.

There is a difference. I get what Ant says. Even Code Red who are a one man operation, communicate frequently with his customers via social media.

Naturally not every question needs to be answered, but some do. Such as updates on the Kickstarter campaign that so many subscribed to.

88's output is top notch if they can just sort out a way of reaching people then all would be perfect.
I agree completely. Every update on that campaign I've found out is through my own looking. All the delays, the one single progress shot, I found on my own, not through a notification through the program. One rare time when they were answering a lot of questions on blu-ray.com, they disappeared as soon as I asked about the lack of updates through the campaign page.

It's a real shame really, when Vinegar Syndrome regularly send "Hey this is still happening, x way through scanning, blus delayed a bit but here's some screens", Arrow constantly updated theirs (both US and Boro), and this has been, well nothing.

Code Red does a great job. He's a bit odd, maybe not quite right, but for a man under a lot of physical and mental stress, he is very very active in responding to people online, and participating in discussion on multiple pages.
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th May 2015, 02:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This is not a criticism on 88 Films, I understand that they must direct their few resources towards other things, but maybe they should not allow comments on their page, the fact that people can post there leaves them waiting for an answer.
Old 16th May 2015, 03:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

I owe you both a pint for releasing the ultimate exploitive title below.
Cough, The Mad Foxes, Cough.
Old 16th May 2015, 05:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Ok, just saw. Postponed 2 weeks now.
Has 88 confirmed the delay ?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th May 2015, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
This is not a criticism on 88 Films, I understand that they must direct their few resources towards other things, but maybe they should not allow comments on their page, the fact that people can post there leaves them waiting for an answer.
Yes it does, which is never a good thing because the longer you leave people waiting for an answer the more annoyed they get.

I look after my partners business facebook and twitter accounts, it's not on the same scale as 88 Films or Arrow but you should at least always promptly reply and in the case of Zombi Holocaust keep your customers updated. 88 seem to currently have a lot of slipping release dates, with the DVD and Blu market it happens due to mastering errors or the master simply not been up to scratch. Arrow do keep their customers up to date if dates slip and explain why they've slipped 88 really need to start doing the same.
Old 18th May 2015, 05:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

They don't even bother to reply to a customer trying to place an order:

This might sound a little cynical but they were pretty quick at responding during the indiegogo campaign.
Old 18th May 2015, 08:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

There's a few people that blatantly refuse to buy 88 Films' stuff due to how they've been spoken to when asking them a question
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!