LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2015, 08:43 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
If they included the workprint that was a limited bonus DVD-R with the US release for the first 500 from their site, I'm sure that would sweeten the deal!

Are there any other officially released full work prints besides The 'Burbs, Sleepaway Camp 3, and this?
Blade Runner?
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 19th May 2015, 08:48 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Are there any other officially released full work prints besides The 'Burbs, Sleepaway Camp 3, and this?
I think there was a work-print version of Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (in addition to the 'final' studio interference version), and (if it counts) the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6.

The Nightbreed 'Cabal Cut' can also be considered a work-print too I suppose.
Old 19th May 2015, 08:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Silly me, I completely forgot I own both the Blade Runner and Nightbreed boxsets.

Blade Runner, Nightbreed, and Halloween 6 all seem to be recreations of workprints, but they still count in my books.

Intruder, Sleepaway Camp and the Burbs are all VHS rips I think.

Supposedly Beauty and the Beast at some point had a work-in-progress version as a special feature
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 19th May 2015, 09:37 AM
Cult Addict

The 5 disc set of Dust Devil.
I think there's a German release of Dolph Lundgrens Punisher with a workprint.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:54 PM
Active Cultist

Workprints come from the internet they just download them with utorrent then sell them.
Im surprized that they are not trying to sell the 6 hour version of apocalypse now or the Videodrome composite.
Old 19th May 2015, 01:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
Workprints come from the internet they just download them with utorrent then sell them.
Im surprized that they are not trying to sell the 6 hour version of apocalypse now or the Videodrome composite.
There are thousands of work prints out there, and lots of bootleggers of them to go with.

What I was curious about was companies that have officially release Workprints in their releases. I was originally thinking of those still in the lesser quality format, but it came to my attention that there are Workprints, some of which I own, which have been reassembled by companies using official footage.
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 19th May 2015, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think there was a work-print version of Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (in addition to the 'final' studio interference version), and (if it counts) the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6.

The Nightbreed 'Cabal Cut' can also be considered a work-print too I suppose.
ABUS released a workprint of THE OSTERMAN WEEKEND.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th May 2015, 06:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
In any line of business communication is the key.

You communicate with the people that matter ie - the customers - whilst you are serving surely.

There is a difference. I get what Ant says. Even Code Red who are a one man operation, communicate frequently with his customers via social media.

Naturally not every question needs to be answered, but some do. Such as updates on the Kickstarter campaign that so many subscribed to.

88's output is top notch if they can just sort out a way of reaching people then all would be perfect.
I run a four man business.There isn't enough hours in the day sometimes.
88 Films are two guys,so with the quantity and quality of the output,perhaps there isn't the time to answer every question put to them.

WTF is it with internet forums?
I see patterns emerging here,Shameless,Arrow and now 88 Films-to begin with,are the second coming of niche and genre titles,and when they don't pander to every whim on internet forums,suddenly the tables turn and they are 'nitpicked' at every turn.

Now before anyone says 'but without customers they'll have no sales' yeah,the same works in reverse-without the dedication of individuals,we'd still be sitting watching 10th generation ****ed up,cut vhs tapes.

As for Code Red,I'd use the word 'communicate' very sparingly.If you can consider verbal abuse to his customers communicating,then yeah he does and he excels at it.
I know.I've been there with him.Spent a fortune in his online shop only not to recieve the goods and then have to plead with him to recieve them.And-if it wasn't for the intervention of a member here,I never would have.

People need to step back and look at what these small labels provide us with and weigh up whether it's worth causing a storm in a teacup.

Trust me.If this pattern continues,then we'll all be importing from the US of A.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 19th May 2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 19th May 2015, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think people's main issue is the fact they forked out their hard earned money to support them in the Indiegogo campaign (not me, because I couldn't afford to contribute at the time) and they've not received much in the way of info about their perks.
So, I guess it's frustrating for them (the contributors) when their questions fall on deaf ears.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th May 2015, 07:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah that is frustrating mate,and in the case of fundraisers,perhaps they should prioritise updates on that.
Point I'm making is,we shouldn't be too hard on these labels or what we'll see is the day when they say 'you know what? **** this for a caper!' and then we'll all be whinging that no one releases cult titles anymore.

We need to ease up a bit people!

But weigh it up,minor niggles in customer service aside,-in the end we'll have a pristine print of a film that is much loved as the fundraiser proved.

Like this? Share it using the links below!