Like Tree16557Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2015, 10:26 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Update re: Burial Ground:

Quote:
We're in a bit of a quandry at the moment. When we announced we had the rights to Burial Ground we had lots of comments on social media asking us not to use the existing master. When the Zombie Holocaust crowd funding started to really take off we added Burial Ground to the scheme with the intention of creating a new master. At the time we didn't know where the negative ofrhigh quality positives resided but we had a lead on a projection print that might be usable. We received another 70 £20 pledges after announcing Burial Ground on our crowd funder so this extra money to play with was very tight.

Nonetheless we ploughed on and had the print transferred in 2K in the states which cost $2500 and to be honest it was disappointing. It was a high contrast element which we knew but there was very little detail and it was very damaged. Disappointed we moved our attention back to getting Zombie Holocaust remastered (which has now been completed) and only recently did we manage to ascertain the whereabouts of the original 16mm elements. We recently had some tests made up and below are the results which are so similar to the existing master it's difficult to know what to do as a new transfer will be very expensive and we're unsure as to whether to proceed. Thoughts?
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...83888771627738
vipco and keirarts like this.
Old 1st June 2015, 01:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So last night I decided to give Bloodstained Shadow a proper spin, I have it on DVD from Giallo Boxset that Anchor Bay put out way out when. My memory of the plot and the film as a whole was rather hazy, I certainly hadn't revisited it since my initial viewing twelve or so years ago. I'm glad to say that 88's presentation is very good almost excellent, daylight scenes fair pretty well but night time scenes are rather grainy but that isn't anything we haven't seen before, remember The Burbs. Audio is great on the whole only sounding a little dusty in a few places. 88's presentation is very good, the image is stable, the colours strong the main issue is the film itself. It's so bloody dull and boring despite the endless cliches!
Old 1st June 2015, 05:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Seen this as well on fb. . I thought pic 3 was the better.
keirarts and platostotal like this.
Old 1st June 2015, 05:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Have 88 Films confirmed release dates for Deep River Savages or Emanuel and the Last Cannibals yet ?
Old 1st June 2015, 05:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
So did I.

Quote:
Have 88 Films confirmed release dates for Deep River Savages or Emanuel and the Last Cannibals yet ?
Not that I've seen on Facebook, Twitter or their website.
vipco and keirarts like this.
Old 3rd June 2015, 01:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
So last night I decided to give Bloodstained Shadow a proper spin, I have it on DVD from Giallo Boxset that Anchor Bay put out way out when. My memory of the plot and the film as a whole was rather hazy, I certainly hadn't revisited it since my initial viewing twelve or so years ago. I'm glad to say that 88's presentation is very good almost excellent, daylight scenes fair pretty well but night time scenes are rather grainy but that isn't anything we haven't seen before, remember The Burbs. Audio is great on the whole only sounding a little dusty in a few places. 88's presentation is very good, the image is stable, the colours strong the main issue is the film itself. It's so bloody dull and boring despite the endless cliches!
Still has one the best sound gags in any film I've seen.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd June 2015, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Agree, but when I clicked it I thought ' I hope it looks okay at 1080p in motion'
vipco likes this.
Old 5th June 2015, 05:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
So did I.

Not that I've seen on Facebook, Twitter or their website.
Thanks Nosferatu. 88 seem to love to announce new titles but then go very quiet on them .
Old 7th June 2015, 08:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

According to Zavvi and Amazon, Zombie Holocaust has been delayed until July 20th.

I just don´t understand why 88 Films don't update their store and also tell us when movies has been delayed. Usually we don't get informed about this, until someone asks them, like with Anthropophagous, that also got delayed into July.

Since they keep delaying their releases, I guess Zombi 3 will be pushed to October or November, or maybe even 2016

Also, Blastfighter have been delayed until September 21th...

This is just getting silly.

Sure, I'm all for taking some extra time to polish the releases, but why can´t they just INFORM us about this?!
JAMIOUSE, vipco, keirarts and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Steel76; 7th June 2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 8th June 2015, 12:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
According to Zavvi and Amazon, Zombie Holocaust has been delayed until July 20th.

I just don´t understand why 88 Films don't update their store and also tell us when movies has been delayed. Usually we don't get informed about this, until someone asks them, like with Anthropophagous, that also got delayed into July.

Since they keep delaying their releases, I guess Zombi 3 will be pushed to October or November, or maybe even 2016

Also, Blastfighter have been delayed until September 21th...

This is just getting silly.

Sure, I'm all for taking some extra time to polish the releases, but why can´t they just INFORM us about this?!
What's even worse I think, is that the indieGoGo page still says April for delivery estimate, and hasn't been updated once for progress on transfer, releases, or the dates which have now been delayed up to 3 months from original date.

I've been left to find out everything from the people who've had my money since December, off Amazon and their Facebook page
JAMIOUSE, Steel76 and keirarts like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!