Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2015, 05:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

HMV have placeholders for both Anthro dvd and ZH BD now with prices, as both are priced at £8.99 looks like the BDs will win hands down, tho I will pick up Anthro for the doc just as others have said, and I have the Stonevision ZH dvd somewhere, I thought it looked pretty good, but an old favorite like ZH deserves a new lease of life on UK BD, so that's £18 gone then
Rik, Steel76 and keirarts like this.
Old 21st July 2015, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
A BLADE IN THE DARK still on schedule?
Just had this email from Amazon:

"Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"A Blade in the Dark [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: August 24 2015"
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st July 2015, 07:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yeah, I also got that mail...

I don't trust any release date from now on, when it comes to 88films.
Feels like these titles get a new release date every week...

Sure, every label change the release dates from time to time, but this is just getting silly.

It would be better that they say, Fall 2015, and wait with giving us a proper release date, until they are positive that they can keep it.

I REALLY hope that Zombi 3 and Burial Ground won't get pushed into 2016
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st July 2015, 10:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It is starting to get pretty silly now, I ordered Blade direct the other week with the hope it would appear around my birthday along with Holocaust and Anthro. Will Zombi 3 make it's projected date? Who knows I just hope it doesn't turn into another Rabid Dogs type debacle.
Steel76 and keirarts like this.
Old 21st July 2015, 10:15 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

As much as I love 88 Films (and I consider James & Rich friends), I can sympathize with people. Both 88 & Arrow take money upfront when you order direct from them, and it can get a littke frustrating when things get delayed, especially when you could use the money that's been taken to buy stuff released in the meantime.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

If a release date for an Arrow title slips they announce it on Facebook, Twitter and update their webshop with the new release date, they also explain as to why the date has slipped.

88 fail to acknowledge the release date has slipped, fail to announce a date change and don't update their webshop. Which is very disrespectful to your customers, especially for those who have already paid an overinflated price to get your product sooner and support you direct.

88 seem to be on a collision course to destroy any good will that gets built up by just ignoring the basics, keeping your customers updated.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
If a release date for an Arrow title slips they announce it on Facebook, Twitter and update their webshop with the new release date, they also explain as to why the date has slipped.

88 fail to acknowledge the release date has slipped, fail to announce a date change and don't update their webshop. Which is very disrespectful to your customers, especially for those who have already paid an overinflated price to get your product sooner and support you direct.

88 seem to be on a collision course to destroy any good will that gets built up by just ignoring the basics, keeping your customers updated.
I agree, I backed the IndieGoGo when it started for Burial Grounds and Zombi Holocaust because at the time 88 had a very good reputation, with the first few stellar Slasher Collection titles, and very good treatment of most Troma's and Full Moons.

However since then, the Italian collection has provided more and more issues for them, from delays to poor releases, the IndieGoGo had woeful communication, with no updates through the page and slow infrequent ones from Facebook.

And worst of all, the IndieGoGo exclusive was poor quality. I understand I helped restored the movie, but it hurts a bit when people get it for 9 pound off Amazon and all I have to show for the 11 extra pounds I paid, is a poor quality and poorly assembled slipcover with wear, not even a slipcase as originally advertised.

From now on, I'll only be getting 88 Films stuff when it's cheap and has reviews out. At least the restoration was good...

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One of the main reasons why I don't pre-order direct from them, that and the fact most stuff is almost half the price on Amazon or in HMV.
I'd love to support these companies direct, but I can't justify paying more than necessary, especially when stuff like this happens meaning our money is gaining interest in their accounts while we wait for the product to arrive. Like Stephen says, the money could go on other releases
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I just got Zombie Holocaust in the mail, and this is one hell of an upgrade.
Sure it's grainy, and has some damage, but that just adds to the grindhouse experience. This is even better than I expected.
It really is like watching the movie for the first time.
And that scene with the cannibal, jumping from the hospital window, and the arm breaking of the dummy, when it hits the ground, is still comedy gold

They did a great job with this one

I was surprised to see the Exposure Cinema logo come up on screen, after the 88Films logo. I didn't know they had teamed up with them on this release.

When it comes to 88Films, and they never ending delays.
It's pretty obvious, that they can't handle this by themselves.
This has gotten too big for a two man operation.
They really need to bring in some extra hands, especially someone that can handle all the communications on their website and facebook page.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I watched 42nd Street Memories last night, thought it was absolutely superb, I enjoyed it more than the main feature and would of happily paid the nine quid just for the documentary.

Great stuff and it was really cool to see Frank Henenlotter on screen.

Like this? Share it using the links below!