All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2015, 10:23 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
And they continue to use our work.
So you and someone else used to work for/with Arrow, they fired you and you started 88Films?
Excuse my ignorance.
Sounds like a shitty move on their side, i have to say though as a customer without any personal issues i do like both labels and the output
Old 9th August 2015, 10:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think we need to keep things friendly.

I've loved the output of 88 films and I believe they're doing what they can with resources. I think in recent weeks they've been working on communication. I am of course very laid back, when I was younger I could only get relatively tame titles like The Exorcist, TCM from a dodgy dealer so I'm in no rush, I have patience as some of these titles I thought I would never get to see. If some find they're still struggling to communicate, has anyone volunteered to help?

At the same time I've felt that Arrow have become slightly on the snobbish side, I still like there titles and I try and stay away from the drama, I was a little annoyed when they pulled out of this forum and even more annoyed by the job advert earlier this year that made it clear they didn't just want people into the horror side, it came across as crass. I also think we're not only one of the friendlier forums but also the most open, we can easily go from horror to musicals without someone getting upset, a lot of us are also into classic films and so called arthouse. I might be being sensitive but I did feel the job advert was a dig.

This doesn't stop me buying, I just want a life without drama. Watching films should be stress free. Basically can't we just get along?
Old 9th August 2015, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I think we need to keep things friendly.

I've loved the output of 88 films and I believe they're doing what they can with resources. I think in recent weeks they've been working on communication. I am of course very laid back, when I was younger I could only get relatively tame titles like The Exorcist, TCM from a dodgy dealer so I'm in no rush, I have patience as some of these titles I thought I would never get to see. If some find they're still struggling to communicate, has anyone volunteered to help?

At the same time I've felt that Arrow have become slightly on the snobbish side, I still like there titles and I try and stay away from the drama, I was a little annoyed when they pulled out of this forum and even more annoyed by the job advert earlier this year that made it clear they didn't just want people into the horror side, it came across as crass. I also think we're not only one of the friendlier forums but also the most open, we can easily go from horror to musicals without someone getting upset, a lot of us are also into classic films and so called arthouse. I might be being sensitive but I did feel the job advert was a dig.

This doesn't stop me buying, I just want a life without drama. Watching films should be stress free. Basically can't we just get along?

Last thing we want is for this place to end up like Blurage.com (©Stephen), a forum where you only have to make one remark about a company to be labelled a fan boy and has pages of label bashing to laugh at!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th August 2015, 10:53 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I wish I could take credit for the blurage moniker! Alas, I swiped it from someone else (i'm a dirty, rotten thief)
Old 9th August 2015, 10:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I wish I could take credit for the blurage moniker! Alas, I swiped it from someone else (i'm a dirty, rotten thief)
Ah well, you're the only person I've seen use it, perfectly sums the place up IMO
keirarts and SharonLynette like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th August 2015, 11:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldarko View Post
So you and someone else used to work for/with Arrow, they fired you and you started 88Films?
Excuse my ignorance.
Sounds like a shitty move on their side, i have to say though as a customer without any personal issues i do like both labels and the output
I did not create 88 Films. The label was built and is run by two great guys and legit fans as a labour of love. We became mates in early 2012 and decided to work together. Over the past year I became involved in acquiring the bulk of their new titles and marketing them - i.e. the slasher classics range. Whilst I have since moved on to other things I continue to assist with this as it is a huge amount of fun.
Old 9th August 2015, 12:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I did not create 88 Films. The label was built and is run by two great guys and legit fans as a labour of love. We became mates in early 2012 and decided to work together. Over the past year I became involved in acquiring the bulk of their new titles and marketing them - i.e. the slasher classics range. Whilst I have since moved on to other things I continue to assist with this as it is a huge amount of fun.
Thanks for the explanation!
Old 9th August 2015, 05:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I don't think 88 have ever had the sturdy ones. The one I got with Zombi Holocaust was photo paper, quite disgraceful really.

Calum was very unhappy about Arrow licensing a few slashers and encroaching on 88's market, but the white framed Italian releases are quite similar to old Arrow, and these art cards are just a blatant rip off right down to the grid of other releases on the back
All the previous ones I have are sturdy cardboard ones. Like Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, Zombi Holocaust, Anthro...

This one is just piece of trash basically, nothing collectible about it. Strange if you got a different card with your ZH.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 9th August 2015, 06:44 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I don't think 88 have ever had the sturdy ones. The one I got with Zombi Holocaust was photo paper, quite disgraceful really.
Just checked and my ZH postcard is a sturdy one, what does it say on your case, mine says "Collectible 300gsm Original Poster Postcard"
Old 9th August 2015, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayzeUK View Post
Just checked and my ZH postcard is a sturdy one, what does it say on your case, mine says "Collectible 300gsm Original Poster Postcard"
That's what it says on mine, I'm wondering if the Indiegogogogogo supporters got a different edition (besides the obvious slipcsase) than the rest of us

Like this? Share it using the links below!