Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2015, 11:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'll be frank, I'll be pissed off if Severin's releases are better after giving 88 Films money to restore them, only to get endless delays. Zombi Holocaust had an nice transfer, but the extra £11 paid compared to Amazon for only a very poor quality slipcover, not even a slipcase, wasn't nice.

I have very little faith of Burial grounds coming out any time soon, let alone having a stellar transfer or better than the Severin release
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 12th August 2015, 06:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I'll be frank, I'll be pissed off if Severin's releases are better after giving 88 Films money to restore them, only to get endless delays. Zombi Holocaust had an nice transfer, but the extra £11 paid compared to Amazon for only a very poor quality slipcover, not even a slipcase, wasn't nice.

I have very little faith of Burial grounds coming out any time soon, let alone having a stellar transfer or better than the Severin release
In fairness to 88, its going to depend on what they had access to. If Severin have been sat on better materials, or just know a bloke who knows a bloke their might be better materials out there.
I would also add that Severin recently posted some shots of the house from Burial Ground now and had shots from the film to compare them to. The shots from the movie were time coded and honestly looked comparable to the screenshots 88 stuck up some time back.
IF (and a big if at that) that's indicitive of what they are using then it might not be the improvement some are expecting. I also know they screened a 35mm print recently and I also wonder if they have discovered someone's private collection.
Old 12th August 2015, 06:37 AM
Cult Addict

Here's what severin posted...

bg01.jpg bg02.jpg

bg03.jpg bg04.jpg

bg05.jpg bg06.jpg

bg07.jpg bg08.jpg
Old 12th August 2015, 06:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
In fairness to 88, its going to depend on what they had access to. If Severin have been sat on better materials, or just know a bloke who knows a bloke their might be better materials out there.
I would also add that Severin recently posted some shots of the house from Burial Ground now and had shots from the film to compare them to. The shots from the movie were time coded and honestly looked comparable to the screenshots 88 stuck up some time back.
IF (and a big if at that) that's indicitive of what they are using then it might not be the improvement some are expecting. I also know they screened a 35mm print recently and I also wonder if they have discovered someone's private collection.
I was told Severin had the original camera negative.
Old 12th August 2015, 06:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
I was told Severin had the original camera negative.
I'm going to wait and see I think, I heard the negatives were damaged.
Old 12th August 2015, 06:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I'm going to wait and see I think, I heard the negatives were damaged.
I'll be waiting too but to be honest this is the first time I hear about the damaged negatives.
Old 12th August 2015, 06:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
I'll be waiting too but to be honest this is the first time I hear about the damaged negatives.
I heard something ages ago, around the time shriek show was putting it out. This is my main problem with the internet, so many rumours. For what its worth think your source may be right however.
Old 12th August 2015, 07:04 AM
Cult Addict

I still think the best one I heard was that the original negatives for SHIVERS were being shipped to Australia for a full restoration job. Baring in mind the negs are considered lost. If true someone kept that well hidden from TIFF and David Cronenberg, however until the release date I consider it BS.
Old 12th August 2015, 04:36 PM
Cultist in Training

We just thought we'd clear up a little confusion.

We are in discussions with Severin for them to access our masters.

We are remastering Burial Ground now and they are going to use that as things stand.

We talked about licensing the Zombi Holocaust master to them but that's as far as it's got.

The masters for Anthropophagous, Emanuelle etc are from the licensor.

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 12th August 2015, 04:54 PM
Cultist in Training

Well, I think 88 films might be telling lies here.

I heard from some guy on Facebook who’s mates mums dog groomer, who’s married to a guy who washes the windows at the milkman who delivers milk to some guy who once watched a Zombie Holocaust and Burial ground in a double bill in Preston in the 80s, that Severin will not be using 88 films negative, because they have their own better one.
They created a time machine which took them back to the set of Burial ground and they used 3d cameras to film it and then come back and that is the copy that will be released. I hear there is a secret shot where you can see Robocop and the Terminator having a cup of tea in the background….. bet 88 films version doesn’t have that….

Like this? Share it using the links below!