LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2015, 03:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
I received mine last week with Pharaohs.

This is really annoying that they've decided to make Children of the Corn part of the slashers collection. I really don't feel like buying the same movie twice for this kind of reason. I really wish now that the slashers weren't numbered. Might as well skip the Sleepaway Camp ones now, since I already have the Scream Factory releases.

They changed the cases too, so there's less and less reason to keep any kind of consistent collection going on.

It'd be great too if there was someone in the company who would read/reply their emails. I've sent 3 emails about the missing art card for The Bloodstained Shadow. I've also sent several emails about other issues I've had over the indiegogo reward campaign, which they have graciously left unanswered (got a few replies at the very beginning, but they didn't really resolve anything).

Starting to get really annoyed now. I've been extremely patient and very polite, but I'm fed up now. Surely won't support any of their fundraisers from now on. Don't really want to order anything from them directly either, if they don't have any kind of customer service in place. Unfortunately I made one order a while back, just have to pray nothing goes wrong with the order.

Rant over!
That is the downside to them being stretched and only being two people in charge of everything from sourcing titles to checking packaging, printing address labels and packing and everything in between, including responding to e-mails.
will graham likes this.
Old 19th October 2015, 04:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I honestly have no issue with people wanting to have things ordered but the over-use of the term OCD by genre fans when all they mean is "neat and ordered" is a real insult to people who genuinely suffer from the affliction.
Dude, I can't work out if you are taking the piss or serious. You've got to be kidding, right?
Old 19th October 2015, 04:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Dude, I can't work out if you are taking the piss or serious. You've got to be kidding, right?
No, I'm serious! It's actually kinda insensitive. OCD can be a thoroughly debilitating and life-ruining affliction. People using it to describe the fact they don't like their dvd boxes to be different shades of the same colour is insensitive and undermines it.
Old 19th October 2015, 08:33 PM
Cult Addict

What Paul said. Seriously, quite mocking my mental health condition. It's ****ing disgusting.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th October 2015, 08:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Children of the Corn is up for preorder under the Slasher Classics line now. Is Children a slasher film? I've never actually seen it so I genuinely don't know.
If Dead of Winter can be classed as a slasher,then COTC can certainly be classed the same.
PLENTY slashing in it.
Especially the opening sequence.
PaulD and keirarts like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th October 2015, 08:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Lager SSadis Kastrat Kommandantur replacement balls,sorry disc turned up today.
Nice job of rapidly sorting 88!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th October 2015, 08:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

NOW THERE IS A COVER AND A HALF!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COTCBR_2D_PACKSHOT_RED_large.jpg (93.5 KB, 12 views)

Old 19th October 2015, 08:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

All that's missing is.......
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (1.6 KB, 89 views)

Old 20th October 2015, 10:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
No, I'm serious! It's actually kinda insensitive. OCD can be a thoroughly debilitating and life-ruining affliction. People using it to describe the fact they don't like their dvd boxes to be different shades of the same colour is insensitive and undermines it.
OCD affects approximately 1 in 12 people in the UK. It ranges from mild to severe dependant on the person experiencing it. If someone says that they feel OCD about something what medical qualifications do you possess that gives you the right to say that they are trivializing it and what on earth do you think gives you the privilege to tell them they are not allowed to mention it?

To say that someone else cannot say their collection causes them to have a compulsive behaviour over it, is not only uneducated in the extreme, it shows a self righteousness arrogance that is stupendous in its ignorance. How dare someone suggest that "My OCD is worse than your OCD so you cannot talk about it!"

People nowadays are all too ready to "feel offended" at the slightest comment and assert their PC brainwashed views on others in the complete assertion that they are automatically in the right. Well, you're wrong. You have no idea if someone states that their OCD is kicking in due to their collection and for you to state that they are, portrays worse behaviour than that you condemn so quickly.

To say it is ****ing disgusting and insensitive is a mirror image of what you are complaining about, you jump onto your high horses and do to others exactly what you say they cannot. It is a double standard that you utilize to make the point which negates the argument from the outset.

But then I guess your OCD must be far worse than mine and under some weird PC rule that gives you the right to chastise people.... Really?
Old 20th October 2015, 11:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I don't have OCD. I never said I did.

And I'm guessing most genre film fans don't either to be honest. wanting your dvd collection to look neat and tidy generally isn't OCD. I'm sorry, but it isn't. But hey, whatever. Let's move on.

Like this? Share it using the links below!