Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2015, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'll buy them from the Labels direct also, may cost slightly more but at least Amazon wont be getting any of my money. I'm just one person and in the grand scheme of things not that important to them but they've lost any chance of me upgrading to prime!
Old 23rd October 2015, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was a Prime member for years.Cancelled it earlier this year....out of maybe 10 deliveries,only six were being delivered next day.
They're scumbags.

I use HMV,Diabolik,Strange Vice,All your Music (through ebay) andthe labels direct.
For Euro rarities I use.....

Home - uncut

They're quicker than DTM.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd October 2015, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was a Prime member for years.Cancelled it earlier this year....out of maybe 10 deliveries,only six were being delivered next day.
They're scumbags.

I use HMV,Diabolik,Strange Vice,All your Music (through ebay) and the labels direct.
For Euro rarities I use.....

Home - uncut

They're quicker than DTM.
keirarts, trebor8273 and Zann like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd October 2015, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It's disgusting, is it even legal for Amazon to do that, with rumours of another price increase for free delivery can see more and more people not using them
Didn't take long did it. Less than five years ago Amazon were almost nailed on to be the cheapest for DVDs/BDs...loads of the Arrow stuff was frequently around £8.00 free delivery etc but predictably now they've removed a lot of the competition (from the high street at any rate) they're totally rinsing it and really pushing what the market will bear....some of their 3 for £20 deals are pretty good though...
MacBlayne, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 06:38 PM
Cult Addict

I buy stuff from marketplace sellers but I've not used Amazon themselves much since they stopped free delivery.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 24th October 2015, 09:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

1st class postage/standard delivery has also gone up from £1.50 for a dvd to £1.99. I don't like being bound by the free delivery over £20 so I'll pay a little extra unless the postage is considerable - it was £4 for a supplement, so I lumped Mr Slater's new book and Snake of June together with it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th October 2015, 09:41 AM
Cult Addict

I have Amazon Prime because of my student discount, but I never buy from them anymore. Books from Book Depository and Wordery, DVD's/BD's from Zavvi or HMV.
keirarts likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 25th October 2015, 09:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Having a look at Amazons 88 blus and there's a number from both 'The Italian Collection' and 'The Classic Slasher' series that are 'Exclusive to Prime Members'. I really don't want to add to 88's current woes, but could they not be complicit in some sort of promotional deal? I may be overthinking this....These movies are released really for collectors who go out of their way to collect the whole series, no matter whats released in those two series we're gonna buy...Amazon offer to sell at a reduced price for Prime members thinking we will all jump at the chance of cheaper films and sign up for Prime, label agree for a fee of some sort?
Old 25th October 2015, 09:27 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Having a look at Amazons 88 blus and there's a number from both 'The Italian Collection' and 'The Classic Slasher' series that are 'Exclusive to Prime Members'. I really don't want to add to 88's current woes, but could they not be complicit in some sort of promotional deal? I may be overthinking this....These movies are released really for collectors who go out of their way to collect the whole series, no matter whats released in those two series we're gonna buy...Amazon offer to sell at a reduced price for Prime members thinking we will all jump at the chance of cheaper films and sign up for Prime, label agree for a fee of some sort?

I've already spoken to the guys and they don't know why Amazon are only selling those to Prime members, and are going to look into it.
Old 25th October 2015, 09:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default The 88 Films Thread

They aren't, the "exclusive to Prime Members" is for a £3 Amazon Video credit as far as I can tell

Edit: just signed out and searched for Blade in the dark and yeah, it is exclusive for Prime Members only
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Last edited by Rik; 25th October 2015 at 09:52 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!