Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2015, 09:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Corporate crooks.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th October 2015, 08:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Amazon want everything to themselves these days ( money, delivery, etc etc ) Their 'reduced' prices are a joke as well, as some of their initial pre order prices are ridiculously high.
I order very little from them these days, buying instore from HMV or Amazon sellers instead.
Old 30th October 2015, 11:47 AM
Cult Rookie

Does anyone have any news regarding the Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 release? I pre'd this back on May 1st from Amazon and 88's ordering page still says it's due for release in July... Just wondering if I should sorta forget about it for a while again, even though Amazon is giving a release sometime early November.
Old 30th October 2015, 11:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

My Amazon order says November 10th, but I don't know how reliable that is
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A day off today so I thought I'd give the 'Night Train Murders' BD a spin ... only to find it doesn't play on my Sony blu ray player!!! First 'Bogeyman' now this, it's getting a bit annoying now! It's off to cex with this one as I can't find my receipt but I really need to start checking these 88 discs on arrival (these are the only 2 BDs I've ever had playback problems with)
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
A day off today so I thought I'd give the 'Night Train Murders' BD a spin ... only to find it doesn't play on my Sony blu ray player!!! First 'Bogeyman' now this, it's getting a bit annoying now! It's off to cex with this one as I can't find my receipt but I really need to start checking these 88 discs on arrival (these are the only 2 BDs I've ever had playback problems with)
Have you ever contacted them as to why their discs are not playing on your BD player?

I know in the early days of Blu Ray, there was the updated firmware issue (for example, my copy of Crank 2 would not play on my friend's player), but nowadays there should be no excuse.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Have you ever contacted them as to why their discs are not playing on your BD player?

I know in the early days of Blu Ray, there was the updated firmware issue (for example, my copy of Crank 2 would not play on my friend's player), but nowadays there should be no excuse.
I contacted them re Bogeyman and they just said-

"not that we are aware of, have you tried your copies on other players? It's been fully tested at the plant, we would be disappointed if you had problems with it."

.... which would be fine if I had another player or any inclination to get one!!

I know of 1 or 2 other people who had issues with Bogeyman also but not heard anything about NTM. I got if for £6 from Fopp so will only lose £1 by selling it to cex so no major loss I suppose but it is a film I would've liked to see in HD.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I contacted them re Bogeyman and they just said-

"not that we are aware of, have you tried your copies on other players? It's been fully tested at the plant, we would be disappointed if you had problems with it."

.... which would be fine if I had another player or any inclination to get one!!

I know of 1 or 2 other people who had issues with Bogeyman also but not heard anything about NTM. I got if for £6 from Fopp so will only lose £1 by selling it to cex so no major loss I suppose but it is a film I would've liked to see in HD.
Does the disc play at all? I bought the steelbook RoboCop BD a while back, only to find the disc wouldn't play at all. So I sent it back to Amazon who sent me a replacement copy. That wouldn't work either. Again, Amazon sent me another copy which finally did work. I looked online to see if others had issues with it. It turned out that Fox had accidentally inserted many blank discs into steelbooks.

Anyhow, if you get an email like "have you tried other players", just say you tried it on a friend's PS3 and it wouldn't work.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 2nd November 2015, 01:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
None of the 88s play on my Sony BD player either - I've never updated the firmware on this. But they can play on my PS3 - the firmware has been updated on this one, but it's not the most recent version. Of all the labels that give me trouble, 88 films and the German VIP seem to need updated firmware to play.
Old 2nd November 2015, 06:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Which really rather strange as I've never updated the firmware on my blu player and I've had it two years. Don't some major studio titles contain firmware updates on their discs?

Like this? Share it using the links below!