Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2016, 09:11 AM
Cult Master

Graham Humphries artwork for the upcoming complete Toxie boxset
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic566 - toxie collection.jpg (109.9 KB, 24 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th January 2016, 09:49 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
88 films say to me that burial ground will be 85 minute uncut version not that
cut like shriek show.
So what's cut from the Shriek Show release?

EDIT - That's a little odd having looked it up just a few frames here and there, not scenes or gore, actual frames of film totaling points of a second each time. And only the Media Blasters blu, not the dvd.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 29th January 2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 29th January 2016, 01:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Is he the guy who made Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers? That was pretty garbage to be sure

I can't believe you actually said this! Chainsaw Hookers is class!
Old 1st February 2016, 03:19 PM
Cult Master

"Dear Facebook followers / valued customers

We are currently in the process of moving over to a fulfilment centre to service our direct orders. This process is happening very rapidly but unfortunately we are a couple of days behind with the orders so please bear with us.

This change, when it is fully implemented will enable us to offer you a far better and more efficient customer experience with options to track your order through the despatch system in greater detail and it will free up a lot of time for James and myself to concentrate on both the quality of the products and the speed with which we release them.

We are so excited about with some of our upcoming and as yet unannounced titles and we hope you will be too. Thank you for taking an interest in what we do and for your continued support.

Rich
88 Films"
keirarts and J Harker like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th February 2016, 06:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Scalps specs:

Quote:
Scalps - Slasher Collection 19 Final Specs (Blu-ray and DVD)

Now (finally) with a confirmed release date of 4th April 2016 - this will be updated on amazon.co.uk etc very soon.

A cut above many eighties "slasher classics", 1983s SCALPS mixes splatter action with the supernatural when a group of college kids begin digging around an old Native American burial ground. Suffice to say, a spirit by the name of Black Claw was enjoying his sleep and does not react well to being disturbed!

A slaughter-thon that serves-up plenty of plasma-spillage and teen-trepanning set-pieces, SCALPS has been unavailable in the UK since the days of rental shops. As such, 88 Films is proud to bring back this low budget terror totem in a terrific new director-approved HD scan that will, surely, have tribes of horror fans hollering in happiness!

SPECIAL FEATURES

2K Scan from the Original Negative with Censored Scenes Restored via Tape Sources
Brand New Audio Commentary track with Director Fred Olen Ray
Original 35mm Theatrical Trailer
"Remembering Scalps" New 22 Minute Retrospective featurette with Richard Hench, Frank McDonald, Chris Olen Ray and Fred Olen Ray.
Justin Kerswell on Scalps: A Slasher Experts View
88 Films Trailer Reel
Reversible Sleeve featuring original poster artwork

Region Code: B
Picture Format: HD 1080p 1.85:1
Audio Format: LPCM Stereo
Language: English
Certification: 18
Running Time: 82 Mins Approx.
Old 9th February 2016, 05:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Does anyone have any info on Man From Deep River which is supposed to be out on Monday.

Not sure if its just me and I've missed the detail somewhere, but I was wondering if its been stated what exactly is cut and if there are any extras
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th February 2016, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't think it's actually out until March / April now. There has been no news on the BBFC's cuts but we do know there is an extra about finding Mai Mai Lee on the disc.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th February 2016, 07:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Does anyone have any info on Man From Deep River which is supposed to be out on Monday.

Not sure if its just me and I've missed the detail somewhere, but I was wondering if its been stated what exactly is cut and if there are any extras
I've seen it uncut and there are numerous 'animal cruelty' scenes that without a doubt got the snip, surprisingly as it was made years bfore Lenzi's Ferox, it's just as brutal animal wise, Hardgore released an 18 cert a few years back and what was cut from that will probably still be missing, it's still a mandatory purchase for 'Cannibal-jungle genre' fans tho.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th February 2016, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I see on from Facebook 88 are releasing Last Horror Film as part is the DVD line of slasher classics. I didn't realise the line ups would differ between DVD and Blu and thought for a second I'd have to buy a second copy of the film to keep my spine numbers in order. Presumably they're doin that because they hadn't released Last Horror on DVD previously.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th February 2016, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah they've started to release the Slasher Classics titles and Italian Collection films on DVD. They did ask on FaceBook last year if people prefered dual editions of single blu and dvd releases. I think most people prefered dual format like Arrow usually release but we got single disc releases instead.

On another note Creepshow 2, Sleepaway Camp 2 & 3 are now properly up for pre-order on Amazon.

Oh and on their FaceBook page the Burial Ground slipcovers have arrived, they are expecting finished in a few days time. I can't wait to see Burial Ground in all its HD glory.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by JAMIOUSE; 10th February 2016 at 08:03 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!