Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2016, 03:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakie79 View Post
If films cannot be released uncut then they should not be. If someone has such a profound issue with certain scenes then they should avoid the title altogether. Its like saying I like Triumph Of The Will but only with the Nazi bits cut out. Watching the scene comparison on my copy of Cut And Run really highlighed for the silliness of it all.
Hope they get an uncut form for the sake of the folks helping fund this stuff.
Lets hope 88 films will have something to say about it on facebook page
Old 9th June 2016, 04:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, they act like they always do, completely ignoring my messages and the email but at the same time they found the time to respond to someone regarding a question on one of the perks. I'm really trying to be polite and friendly but 88 Films, I'm starting to think you are a very shady operation. Please try and prove me I'm wrong. I'll apologise publicly.
Old 9th June 2016, 04:54 PM
Cult Addict

From a consumer perspective advertising something as uncut when its not can be viewed as misrepresentation. While some people dont give a s*** (me included as midv is the one film from them I dont care about) for others it forms part of their decision to purchase the item. Theoretically it could be an issue for the advertising standards authority and possibly trading standards if someone kicks up a fuss. Certainly anyone aggrieved would legally be within their rights to be asked to put back into a pre-contractual position.
Old 9th June 2016, 06:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Misrepresentation is breach of contract and anyone who has been misled will get their money back.

My problem is this, nobody knows what is going on. Saying this film is cut, if it eventually passes uncut, could be deemed detrimental and those who say it could also leave themselves open to legal action. People should wait until the facts are known and then follow their own path.

88 Films are a small company, people need to be sure before putting statements on the Internet, it can be damaging.
Old 9th June 2016, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Misrepresentation is breach of contract and anyone who has been misled will get their money back.

My problem is this, nobody knows what is going on. Saying this film is cut, if it eventually passes uncut, could be deemed detrimental and those who say it could also leave themselves open to legal action. People should wait until the facts are known and then follow their own path.

88 Films are a small company, people need to be sure before putting statements on the Internet, it can be damaging.
Fully agree. I suspect it will end up cut, but its not been submitted yet so early days however I think they are taking a big chance with this one assuming the BBFC will pass it.
Old 9th June 2016, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Has anyone emailed 88 or James and Richard directly about MIDV possibly been cut? I know their not always the best at responding to emails and messages but they do generally reply. There is a possibilty that 88 aren't even aware of this fuss going down on the forums.
Old 9th June 2016, 07:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Has anyone emailed 88 or James and Richard directly about MIDV possibly been cut? I know their not always the best at responding to emails and messages but they do generally reply. There is a possibilty that 88 aren't even aware of this fuss going down on the forums.
Yes, I did email them. And I am pretty sure they are very well aware. Someone has asked them about it on blu-ray.com forums. They responded to the post made later than the Massacre in Dinosaur Valley one. This thing is what upsetting me. Their customer servicce is almost non-existent. Some time ago they were upset and were wondering why people didn't have higher opinion of them. This is one of the reasons why. Another label that act like them is Raro.
Old 9th June 2016, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Funny how one person got a detailed reply saying it was cut though. I've emailed them a couple of times, no reply.
Old 9th June 2016, 08:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post

Saying this film is cut, if it eventually passes uncut, could be deemed detrimental and those who say it could also leave themselves ope to legal action. People should wait until the facts are known and then follow their own path.
Good points.
Old 9th June 2016, 08:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakie79 View Post
If films cannot be released uncut then they should not be. If someone has such a profound issue with certain scenes then they should avoid the title altogether. Its like saying I like Triumph Of The Will but only with the Nazi bits cut out. Watching the scene comparison on my copy of Cut And Run really highlighed for the silliness of it all.
Hope they get an uncut form for the sake of the folks helping fund this stuff.

Why? That makes no sense, expecially when uk cuts to films are made by the BBFC. They aren't cut to make them more palatable for an audiene, it's all the silly nonsense stemming from the VRA etc (which I disagree with)

I would prefer uncut everytime, of course, goes without saying. But I can live without animal violence if needs be and if a film is released uncut (like say New York Ripper or I Spit On Your Grave) I don't feel the need to bang on and on about how I am not gonna buy it. That sort of thing with genre fans does my head in, it's just as tedious a moral crusade as Mary Whitehouse as far as I am concerned

Like this? Share it using the links below!