Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2017, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Touch Of Death.
Well I'm over the moon. Loony film. Lesser? Not to a fan imo.
But then I like Demonia as well ...
Even when his attention wanders, he still produces imagery like no other.
Can't wait to see what first timers make of it.
Sod the cover ... MINE
JAMIOUSE, keirarts and Drakie79 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 26th April 2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I wish they would hurry up and make some of these available for preorder. I don't just want to order The Perfume of the Lady in Black, paying £2.99 for P&P, when The Long Hair of Death is labelled as 'In Stock Soon' and others will be available at some point.

I prefer to bulk order, saving them (and, by extension, me) the expense of packaging, and leading to less waste.
This winds me up too. I don't really understand the purpose of a pre-order section when you can't order them until they're in stock. I was hoping to get Perfume alongside Body Puzzle and split the shipping, as they both went up together, but since then Body Puzzle vanished. I wish they'd put up a few titles at a time, rather than drip feed them.

On the plus side though, the past few pre-orders have been £12.99 rather than £14.99, and £15.98 is more palatable for a single release than £17.98.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I just wait until they're in the 5 for £30 at HMV (as they inevitably usually are) or if a certain release tickles my fancy and I don't want to wait as long, pre-order from HMV for £8.99 - £9.99.
Old 26th April 2017, 11:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I had Perfume pre-ordered from Amazon for £8.99, but I couldn't resist that slip. £7 for a slip... I want my head examined. Some of their slips are gorgeous though, Amuck in particular. The full artwork also hides the Italian Collection's horrid Arrow window box-like cover art, and the increasing amount of blue cases. It tends to be just gialli I've bought slips for though, excluding the crowd-funded titles. I haven't picked up any slips for the Asian line, and I'm not sure I intend to bother with the Vault line at all. It's rare I pick something up from the slasher line any more, because I tend to already own a copy from another label.
Old 26th April 2017, 01:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I had Perfume pre-ordered from Amazon for £8.99, but I couldn't resist that slip. £7 for a slip... I want my head examined. Some of their slips are gorgeous though, Amuck in particular. The full artwork also hides the Italian Collection's horrid Arrow window box-like cover art, and the increasing amount of blue cases. It tends to be just gialli I've bought slips for though, excluding the crowd-funded titles. I haven't picked up any slips for the Asian line, and I'm not sure I intend to bother with the Vault line at all. It's rare I pick something up from the slasher line any more, because I tend to already own a copy from another label.
I understand and feel your anguish!

Like you i love a good slipcase and would buy a normal film at full price if there's one i like rather than being tight and waiting for it to reduce a bit. I especially love the 3d holographic ones some films have. Of course this can also bite you on the ass when you realize you spent a tenner on shite like Gods of Egypt. (Does look lovely though)
Old 26th April 2017, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"#Surpriseannouncement

88 Asia kicks into overdrive with our next two classics!

Danny Lee (THE KILLER) played one of cinema's most unlikely superheroes in THE OILY MANIAC (1976) - a Shaw Brothers creature-feature classic that is only now gaining a much-deserved premiere in the UK! In this gooey gem of a monster-mash, Lee plays a Hong Kong everyman who has been crippled and is down-on-his-luck - that is, until he learns of a spell that can turn him into a transformative and transmorphing pile of ferocious but malevolent mush. Yes, he is THE OILY MANIAC - and in this Cantonese predecessor to Troma's THE TOXIC AVENGER, he is able to appear and re-appear at will, making it all the more tricky for his arch-enemies to dillute his delirious brilliance. Directed by the prolific Meng Hua Ho (THE FLYING GULLOTINE), this is one Far Eastern B-movie masterpiece that deserves to be seen and appreciated in full HD!

Next up...

Director Meng Hua Ho (THE BLACK ENFORCER/ THE OILY MANIAC) crafted one of the most important and influential kung-fu films of all time with the 1975's THE FLYING GULLOTINE. Inspiring later directors all across the Asian straits (including the celebrated Taiwanese spin-off MASTER OF THE FLYING GULLOTINE), this original model is as brutal, bloody and bombastic as they come! Headlining the legendary Kuan Tai Chen (THE MASTER/ HERO OF SHANGHAI) in his defining role as an enforcer with a unique and deadly weapon - this period-set bout of beheading and plasma-spillage remains one of the greatest martial arts movies ever made. Fans of classic chopsocky action have been begging for THE FLYING GULLOTINE to return to British shelves, and thanks to the 88 Asia collection it is back in action - restored and remastered in HD!

Extras - commentaries by Bey Logan, booklets by Asia-based academic Calum Waddell and, yes, we might just offer a slipcover"

Fricking SOLD then. Hunted for years for TOM.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th April 2017, 06:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I had Perfume on pre-order at Amazon too for £8.99, I'm not even that keen on the film but I can't say no to 88's slipcovers! I always vowed to not become a collector who buys a labels releases because I've got to have the whole collection but for the Italian and Slasher Classics I'm totally hooked.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 06:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I had Perfume on pre-order at Amazon too for £8.99, I'm not even that keen on the film but I can't say no to 88's slipcovers! I always vowed to not become a collector who buys a labels releases because I've got to have the whole collection but for the Italian and Slasher Classics I'm totally hooked.
After a lot of prevaricating, I ordered Perfume and it was shipped today. I'm waiting for Body Puzzle and The Long Hair of Death to be available to order now.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I just wait until they're in the 5 for £30 at HMV (as they inevitably usually are) or if a certain release tickles my fancy and I don't want to wait as long, pre-order from HMV for £8.99 - £9.99.
The last few Italian Collection releases I've seen in HMV have been £14.99 Or 2 for £25.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2017, 07:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
The last few Italian Collection releases I've seen in HMV have been £14.99 Or 2 for £25.
Yeah, you usually have to wait a while before they enter the deal. Worth the wait though if you're not in any hurry to watch them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!