All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2017, 04:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ordered PERFUME Wednesday night,arrived today.
That's what you call service,unlike another certain label,who's had my money for MONTHS and their product has still not arrived!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th April 2017, 05:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
while not an official Django movie I highly reccomend this one. Thomas Milian is excellent and the whole thing is deliriously violent & surreal. I have the Blue Underground release already.
Hear, hear! DK is one of the best westerns ever made. Infact, I would say its much more than just a western, its almost a Gothic horror at times with some of the most creepy imagery ever seen in a spaghetti western.
Old 28th April 2017, 05:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Hear, hear! DK is one of the best westerns ever made. Infact, I would say its much more than just a western, its almost a Gothic horror at times with some of the most creepy imagery ever seen in a spaghetti western.
agreed. another cornerstone of the cult film canon that 88 needs to make sure they do right.
Old 28th April 2017, 08:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Ordered PERFUME Wednesday night,arrived today.
That's what you call service,unlike another certain label,who's had my money for MONTHS and their product has still not arrived!
Please let me know how it looks.
Old 28th April 2017, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Should get round to it at the weekend.....
keirarts and Antropophagus like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th April 2017, 10:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched my copy of Perfume on Thursday night. It's a very colourful transfer with no signs of damage and there's grain, it looked pretty good to me. The film itself I still struggle with, I can't work out if it's Mimsy Farmer or the plot or both.
Old 30th April 2017, 12:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I watched my copy of Perfume on Thursday night. It's a very colourful transfer with no signs of damage and there's grain, it looked pretty good to me. The film itself I still struggle with, I can't work out if it's Mimsy Farmer or the plot or both.
Not one of my favourite giallo's, still waiting for someone to release Strange Vice on Blu.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th April 2017, 08:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Someone at blu-ray forums confirmed that The Perfume looks exactly the same as the Raro release. That means it looks like shite, sorry JAMIOUSE, what you see is not grain but static scanner noise
88 Films, I know you read and post here, it's 2017 already, please stop releasing garbage looking releases like this.
sjconstable likes this.
Old 30th April 2017, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Someone at blu-ray forums confirmed that The Perfume looks exactly the same as the Raro release. That means it looks like shite, sorry JAMIOUSE, what you see is not grain but static scanner noise
88 Films, I know you read and post here, it's 2017 already, please stop releasing garbage looking releases like this.
Perhaps a boycot of Italian titles until they start offering decent transfers. Its not as bad as it once was but if companies are being offered shitty transfers (and unless a company has connections and cash its often a case of buying them ready scanned) its release it like this or not at all.
Old 30th April 2017, 11:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I watched it last night and thought it looked really good. I'm tempted to watch it again tonight with the Italian audio, but overall I am very happy with the picture and sound quality.
JAMIOUSE and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!