LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2017, 04:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Did anybody find out if they ever plan to release subspecies 4?!

Band also said on the commentary for The Vampire Journals that Subspecies 4 was edited on video tape or something to that effect, and that it would be difficult to get an HD version, but if they can find a way or I assume can find the film materials, it'll be released. But again, perhaps 88 won't release it. It would be a shame to have a series of films with one missing though.
Old 19th June 2017, 04:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Band also said on the commentary for The Vampire Journals that Subspecies 4 was edited on video tape or something to that effect, and that it would be difficult to get an HD version, but if they can find a way or I assume can find the film materials, it'll be released. But again, perhaps 88 won't release it. It would be a shame to have a series of films with one missing though.
Aren't all the full moon blus region free and are usually quite cheap?
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th June 2017, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I'm not getting at 88 films just found it a little strange that who ever replyed appers to not of neard of it and not the biggest fan of arrow of late as they really aren't as good as they used to be, we been discussing them today elsewhere on here and they have became a tad greedy of late. 88 are releaseing more films of my liking of late than arrow

Yeah, I wasn't having a dig either, I just found it funny that they'd not heard of it
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th June 2017, 05:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default wrong number

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
All I could think of after reading that was WTF are these guys doing releasing cult films!!

Its like some one releasing classic literature and not heard of Moby dick.

Anyone who's a fan of horror/cult films and isn't about 12 would of heard of the film even if they have not seen it.
I wish I had'nt heard of it, it's awful
Rik and keirarts like this.
Old 19th June 2017, 05:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can't believe no ones posted the pictures from the newly graded Anthro from their Facebook page!
I hope they've learned a few things from the Q&A session like we'd like more Fulci and some proper top name slashers - Prom Night, The Prowler etc.
Rik, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th June 2017, 06:24 PM
Active Cultist

Cant see it being a big deal that whoever was doing the q and a session hadnt heard of 976 - evil. i think some people look for things to criticize howerver spurious.
JAMIOUSE, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th June 2017, 06:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Over at the Webshop Cold Blooded Beast and Anthro have had their specs uploaded -
Cold Blooded Beast
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Film sourced from the Original Negative of the full uncensored version.
Uncompressed English Audio with Subtitled German and Italian sections where English audio does not exist.
Optional English Subtitles
Hot Blooded Rosalba - A 2017 Interview with star Rosalba Neri
Audio Commentary by genre expert Nathaniel Thomas of Mondo-Digital.com
Theatrical Trailer
English Opening and Closing Credits
Reversible Sleeve

and
Anthropophagus
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Film sourced from a 2K Scan of the Original 16mm Negative
Uncompressed English Audio
Uncompressed Italian*Audio with newly translated English subtitles
The Eastman Chronicles - 2017 Interview with actor Luigi Montefiori (better known as George Eastman)
Film Historian Alessio di Rocco Featurette*
Italian Opening and Closing Credits
Theatrical Trailer
Reversible Sleeve with Alternative "Italian Collection" cover.
Mojo, ramses and keirarts like this.
Old 19th June 2017, 06:39 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Cant see it being a big deal that whoever was doing the q and a session hadnt heard of 976 - evil. i think some people look for things to criticize howerver spurious.
'976-Evil' was a big thing when it was released

Firstly, it was directed by Robert Englund (who was highly regarded by genre fans because of Freddie). Secondly, it starred Stephen Geoffreys (who was highly regarded by genre fans becaue of his role in 'Fright Night' a few years earlier). And thirdly the concept was based around the premium-rate sleazy telephone numbers that most low-brow newspapers and magazines were filled with at the time

It may not be a good film, but for genre fans it was an important (and must-see) film

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th June 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'976-Evil' was a big thing when it was released

Firstly, it was directed by Robert Englund (who was highly regarded by genre fans because of Freddie). Secondly, it starred Stephen Geoffreys (who was highly regarded by genre fans becaue of his role in 'Fright Night' a few years earlier). And thirdly the concept was based around the premium-rate sleazy telephone numbers that most low-brow newspapers and magazines were filled with at the time

It may not be a good film, but for genre fans it was an important (and must-see) film
I can see were they are coming from, but no one was criticise them, was more shock that they had not heard of it, as Susan said was quite well knowing in its day and still is to a lot of cult fans
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 19th June 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Exactly, whether you've seen it or not (I wouldn't recommend it, it's shite!) I would think that most people have heard of it, especially those that acquire films and release films aimed at genre fans.
But, like I said earlier, I'm not having a dig at 88 Films for not having heard of it, it just surprised me that's all
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!