Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

was going to get oily maniac from there site, but out of printable i might just get it elsewhere now.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Without looking thru packing cases, I think 'The Toxic Avenger' releases came in slip cases, but they might have been an HMV exclusive

They were

And, looking through my collection, I've got Blood Sucking Freaks with a slip too, but that came from Amazon
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

There were quite a few slipcover titles that were available mass release (Cannibal Women, Creepshow 2, The Dead Next Door, Evilspeak, Frogs, Prison, Sorority Babes etc.). It's mainly the Asia/Italian/Slasher lines that had website exclusive slips.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
They were

And, looking through my collection, I've got Blood Sucking Freaks with a slip too, but that came from Amazon
my copy of bloodsucking freaks was from fopp and it came with the slipcase
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
my copy of bloodsucking freaks was from fopp and it came with the slipcase

Yeah, I saw it in HMV too, only the initial copies had it though I believe
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd June 2017, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I took the idea of slipcases for older releases to be just the slipcase and not including the disc. So you'd be able to buy exclusive slipcases for the older releases and not have to buy the whole thing again just to get the exclusive slipcase.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by JAMIOUSE; 22nd June 2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 22nd June 2017, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
A question from FB: "How would everyone feel if we started doing limited runs of slips for some of our older titles? Say kept them at 150 or 200 for Graduation Day, Night Train Murders, Puppet Master etc. Would you be interested in collecting them?"

Translated into English, this means "How many people are mugs, who would be willing to buy a film they have already got, in exactly the same version, but with a slip case?"

Count me out!
As much as I love the slip cases and pre-order from their site, I'm not buying things I already have and paying up to £14.99 for a piece of cardboard.
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

I couldn't care less about slipcases from any label, to be honest. I'd rather have the money spent on these put towards new releases.
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I sell the 88 slips on.
I usually tear up mainstream slips and fire them in the recycle bin.
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I couldn't care less about slipcases from any label, to be honest. I'd rather have the money spent on these put towards new releases.
I think in a lot of ways they are a pretty good marketing tool and actually enable labels to earn more profit from their releases and quickly too.

There are clearly enough people who are willing to pay £5+ extra for a bit of cardboard and in doing so are also ordering direct from the distributor too therefore ensuring they get the sale and a larger profit because of it. If you consider how much these slipcovers cost to produce (must be pennies each when ordering a bulk lot) then I suspect it can be quite lucrative for distributors to offer these and there are enough suckers, er, I mean fans () who are willing to splash out the extra coinage (and on the day of release too) in order to snag these limited edition covers.

A lot like steelbooks, limited numbered editions, custom packaging and offering limited booklets, all are tools to try and maximise release day sales and are often at a premium price in order for labels to recoup their costs quicker.

Like this? Share it using the links below!