Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2018, 07:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well I watched Blood Harvest the other night, the print is a little beat up in places but perfectly watchable. The editing is a little hit and miss but gets better as the film progresses. The film itself is very odd and a bit cheesy but does have a certain amount of atmosphere especially in the opening scenes that setup the story. There are of course the usual clichés like a shower scene and a barn which is pretty important to the plot but the lead character completely ignores until the end. If your looking for your missing parents would you not look in the bloody barn and see if their in there?

Anyway it's a fun little slasher complete with boobies, pretty realistic throat slashing's, cheesy dialogue and odd, odd characters. I still don't really know who Tiny Tim is and don't really care to find out beyond what's on his IMDB listing.
Old 26th February 2018, 07:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default tiny tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Well I watched Blood Harvest the other night, the print is a little beat up in places but perfectly watchable. The editing is a little hit and miss but gets better as the film progresses. The film itself is very odd and a bit cheesy but does have a certain amount of atmosphere especially in the opening scenes that setup the story. There are of course the usual clichés like a shower scene and a barn which is pretty important to the plot but the lead character completely ignores until the end. If your looking for your missing parents would you not look in the bloody barn and see if their in there?

Anyway it's a fun little slasher complete with boobies, pretty realistic throat slashing's, cheesy dialogue and odd, odd characters. I still don't really know who Tiny Tim is and don't really care to find out beyond what's on his IMDB listing.
you are missing out his first album is great, his version of tiptoe through the tulips in insideous
Old 26th February 2018, 08:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post

Yeah I watched it last night as well. I love Tiny Tim. I only found out yesterday that he wss actually appeared at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970.

I don’t think you’ll like the extras on the disc, all of them centre around him, including over 70 minutes of a performance and interview he did at Niagra Falls.
Old 27th February 2018, 11:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah I watched it last night as well. I love Tiny Tim. I only found out yesterday that he wss actually appeared at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970.

I don’t think you’ll like the extras on the disc, all of them centre around him, including over 70 minutes of a performance and interview he did at Niagra Falls.
Which is why I didn't bother with them!
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th February 2018, 11:31 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
They’ve just announced that and some Asian film called Black Magic 2.
I can’t remember the last time they released anything I’ve wanted to buy
I can go one further, not only have I not bought anything 88 Films for a while I actually sold them all too All but Children of the Corn, and I've only still got that box set because I haven't got around to watching part 2 and 3 yet/

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th February 2018, 03:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I can go one further, not only have I not bought anything 88 Films for a while I actually sold them all too All but Children of the Corn, and I've only still got that box set because I haven't got around to watching part 2 and 3 yet/
I'm the same, I sold all my 88 collection a while back, except Children of the Corn ( not watched any ) the reason being is they started releasing that many all at the same time, slasher collection, Italian collection etc I couldn't keep up and then felt I wouldn't bother. Also with them being numbered this would bug me when a crap release is either bought for the sake of it or I have a gap in the row!!

Although you can pick them up quite cheap nowadays. There is too much choice going on and I prioritise. I think Arrow, 88 etc quickly lose there value and can be picked up much cheaper later on if you don't mind waiting, for a decent price.

Only when I get excited do I throw my money at a new release.
Old 7th March 2018, 03:47 AM
Cult Master

"For reasons we can’t discuss on Facebook, Blood Harvest won’t be released in March as we hoped and will be TBC for the time being EXCEPT from our website where you can order it now with a slipcase (we’ve added one to all units now).

Blood Harvest

Sorry for the confusion."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th March 2018, 04:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"For reasons we can’t discuss on Facebook, Blood Harvest won’t be released in March as we hoped and will be TBC for the time being EXCEPT from our website where you can order it now with a slipcase (we’ve added one to all units now).

Blood Harvest

Sorry for the confusion."

My guess is it has something to do with the rights dispute with Arrow, leading to it getting taken down places, but of course 88 will still sell the copies they've already pressed because there's nothing to stop them. If it was really serious, 88 wouldn't be allowed to sell even direct.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 7th March 2018, 03:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Latest arrivals from 88 Films, ensuring my 88 Asia and Slasher Classics collections are up-to-date. I haven't seen any of them before but I'm really enjoying the prospect of broadening my horizons even more with blind buys rather than 'upgrading' a well loved film from DVD to Blu-ray, or Blu-ray to Ultra HD (something I'm likely to do as well!). It's my understanding One-Armed Swordsman is a very highly regarded kung fu film, so that's the one for which I have the highest expectations.

Old 7th March 2018, 06:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A couple of days until Alice dispatches!
JAMIOUSE likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!