LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2018, 03:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it was a dual format. It isn't. It may be a while before they release it o dvd but i'm sure they will...eventually.
With the proliferation of streaming and the introduction of Ultra HD, I wonder how profitable DVD (and dual format) releases are nowadays. There's still plenty in HMV,, but it'll be interesting to see how long the format will last.
Old 11th March 2018, 03:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
With the proliferation of streaming and the introduction of Ultra HD, I wonder how profitable DVD (and dual format) releases are nowadays. There's still plenty in HMV,, but it'll be interesting to see how long the format will last.
88 have always been hit and miss with them. BFI, Eureka and the Studio Canal Hammer films are all dual format. Arrow used to do dual formats but now seem to release a blu then a dvd.

As long as there's a market i suppose.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th March 2018, 06:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
To be honest when I've been in HMV the vast majority of punters are in the dvd section (dvd is still the much bigger section and sometimes I'm the only one in the BD sections) and although they have a UHD section it's always empty of peeps, and as video codecs get really good (my mate ripped my Arrow dvd of ZFE for my tablet and it looked great and was only 270MB in size) downloading, legal or otherwise just might be the first option for this generation especially as super-fast broadband is advertised with "super-fast downloading" I'm coming round to the thinking that high street sales aren't down because of amazon and other online retailers but because we've made getting content online not just easy but a lifestyle preference.
Physical media might last as long as high street retailers the mindset being "if I have to go online to get it I might as well see if I can find it for free"
g053584398 and keirarts like this.
Old 11th March 2018, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
To be honest when I've been in HMV the vast majority of punters are in the dvd section (dvd is still the much bigger section and sometimes I'm the only one in the BD sections) and although they have a UHD section it's always empty of peeps, and as video codecs get really good (my mate ripped my Arrow dvd of ZFE for my tablet and it looked great and was only 270MB in size) downloading, legal or otherwise just might be the first option for this generation especially as super-fast broadband is advertised with "super-fast downloading" I'm coming round to the thinking that high street sales aren't down because of amazon and other online retailers but because we've made getting content online not just easy but a lifestyle preference.
Physical media might last as long as high street retailers the mindset being "if I have to go online to get it I might as well see if I can find it for free"
And in my opinion those who watch or download for free aren't real film fans or collectors ,
A real film fan collector would rather have it physical irrelevant to whatt format it is DVD blu ray etc, but i do find there is more film collectors now than there was around 15 yrs ago
keirarts and will graham like this.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
When it goes on general sale i'll pick up a copy. It's not even listed on Amazon yet.
Got mine direct from 88 as they posted on fb it won't be getting sold in shops "for reasons we can't go into".

Quite interested to see now.....
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
And in my opinion those who watch or download for free aren't real film fans or collectors ,
A real film fan collector would rather have it physical irrelevant to whatt format it is DVD blu ray etc, but i do find there is more film collectors now than there was around 15 yrs ago
Agreed, if you go through the a-z blu section at hmv, its almost all cult labels (except for new mainstream releases), I thought i was in the minority but everyone is coming out of the woodwork now, there are more bloggers/academics doing dissertations on giallo film & femenism etc than you can shake a stick at! Bit like tbe superhero boom, got the piss taken out of me for loving all this back in school/college, now everyone and his granny is buying Harley Quinn lunchboxes & reeling off comic mythology they've googled, it's pretty funny!
Old 12th March 2018, 06:40 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I recall hearing of a rights issue with Blood Harvest. I think Arrow were planning to release it too and both companies had obtained rights from the same/separate rights holders, so it may be Arrow's lawyers blocking the release of this one hitting the shelves, at least for now.
Old 12th March 2018, 06:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone's ALICE shipped yet?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th March 2018, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyone's ALICE shipped yet?
Not yet but I think their still waiting on finished stock arriving.
Old 13th March 2018, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blood Harvest isn’t on 88’s webstore any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!