Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2018, 01:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Anyone noticed audio issues on Eyeball? There’s a few score free scenes where there’s some electronic key jangling going on in the background, it’s very low in the mix but I could definitely hear it.

Anyone else noticed it?
Yes just finished watching it and the noise can be heard in most scenes where the music is not playing.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th August 2018, 02:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was lucky with Faceless. It was with Bad Inclination and Witchery in the set and played fine. I'm guessing it's a later pressing.

Witchery. That's right. I kept that one as well.

The only ones i never got hold of was Patrick Lives Again (uncut version) and the triple set with Hitcher in the Dark, The Majorettes and Hell High. Thats a triple bill 88 should release.
They released two versions of Patrick Lives Again didn't they? The cut version was readily available from what I can remember, but the uncut version was more elusive. I never did get hold of a copy so I ended up buying the uncut German release a couple of years ago.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th August 2018, 02:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I remember reading somewhere that it was just the earlier releases that were affected.

And poor Mariangela Giordano doesn't half get the shit end of the stick in her films.
She did indeed! She was such a bonny lass in her prime.
Crimson Blade and keirarts like this.
Old 9th August 2018, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
88 films Italian collection suffers from having quite a few titles already released by raro, shriek show and blue underground. Unless your committed to upgrading these to blu ray there's no real logic to buying them.
The obvious answer is to release the lesser known stuff.
I know what you mean but I suppose that the more obscure stuff may have issues relating to the ownership of copyright or there may not be any HD masters already in existence. If no suitable masters exist then the company interested in releasing those titles would need to pay for the films to be telecined.

I would love to see titles that have never had English-friendly releases on disc too though. When I think of the number of gialli and other genre films that have been given DVD releases in Italy over the years it makes you realise that there are loads of titles waiting to be exploited. But again, many of them won't have HD masters already prepared.

I suppose that the other thing to say is that the 88 Films releases of some titles are superior to some of those released by Raro USA. I'm thinking in particular of Cold Blooded Beast, which features the longest version of the film available on home video and superior compression, and Perfume of a Lady in Black, which again features superior compression. The fact that they are cheaper for those of us in the UK is another positive.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 9th August 2018, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I suppose that the other thing to say is that the 88 Films releases of some titles are superior to some of those released by Raro USA. I'm thinking in particular of Cold Blooded Beast, which features the longest version of the film available on home video and superior compression, and Perfume of a Lady in Black, which again features superior compression. The fact that they are cheaper for those of us in the UK is another positive.
How much longer is Cold Blooded Beast, g?

Is it noticeably different?
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th August 2018, 03:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
How much longer is Cold Blooded Beast, g?

Is it noticeably different?
Roughly two and a half minutes I think. The compression is handled much more effectively than the Raro as well. Raro's transfers really are hit-and-miss though. I think that the Raro is missing the full-frontal nudity of Rosalba Neri in the greenhouse sequence, although since I don't have their release I think I read that somewhere.

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Cold-Blooded Beast (The) AKA Slaughter Hotel AKA La Bestia Uccide a Sangue Freddo AKA Asylum Erotica (Blu-ray) (1971)
Old 10th August 2018, 10:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My copy of Eyeball arrived today, very happy with that!
Old 10th August 2018, 04:25 PM
Cult Master

"November Announcement

Creepy creature feature from Bruno Mattei
RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th August 2018, 04:26 PM
Cult Master

"November 26th Announcement

STUDENT BODIES

As any self-respecting slasher buff will know, Paramount Pictures hit pay-dirt with their all-time teen-kill classic FRIDAY THE 13TH (1980). Yet, when the time came to capitalise on the same cycle that the studio instigated, the brain-trust opted to take a more satirical turn and the result was STUDENT BODIES - unleashed to cinemas in 1981. Dubbed as 'the world's first comedy-horror film', STUDENT BODIES won an instant and eternal fan following for its effective nods to a series of slice and dice denizens, including HALLOWEEN (1978), the Voorhees mythology and PROM NIGHT (1980). Long before SCREAM (1996), this was the original movie that asked audiences to tick-off the tributes - and, with its tongue firmly placed in its cheek, STUDENT BODIES remains a riotous viewing experience! Class is in session and everyone is invited to enjoy the latest, and possibly greatest, addition to the 88 Films' Slasher Classics collection!!"

Old 10th August 2018, 04:28 PM
Cult Master

"Surprise HALLOWEEN announcement

ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS 3 a.k.a AFTER DEATH (Zombie 4 )

scanned in 2K, UNCUT and region FREE"

Like this? Share it using the links below!