Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2018, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
It scans in HMV as £9.99 despite the price tag. At least it did in mine.
it'll end up in a 5 for £30 offer at HMV so might as well just wait
keirarts and Paul Zombie like this.
Old 28th November 2018, 01:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Honestly, at less than £10, I can't complain. I'd rather have it now, with booklet and slip. With the Vault line seemingly finished with Body Melt, I want to support the releases that appeal to me, and Student Bodies and the Slasher Classics line do. I'm not about to double dip, or ignore anything they mess up to do that, but I'm certainly not going to begrudge paying an extra £3.99 to do so.

I'm most excited about the Paramount logo on the back of the release. Hopefully the original My Bloody Valentine ends up becoming an option to them. The US release is OOP, and it has never had a UK blu-ray release.
Old 28th November 2018, 06:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

They seem to be mining the titles Olive Films has in terms of the Paramount deal so far (A Black Veil For Lisa, Night of the Demons 2, Student Bodies).

It'll be interesting to see if they continue the trend and release The Boogens, Cauldron of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock or any of the others.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th November 2018, 06:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
They seem to be mining the titles Olive Films has in terms of the Paramount deal so far (A Black Veil For Lisa, Night of the Demons 2, Student Bodies).

It'll be interesting to see if they continue the trend and release The Boogens, Cauldron of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock or any of the others.
they are good acquisitions but i would prefer someone else to do The Horrible Dr. Hichcock as it deserves a top of the range treatment
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th November 2018, 09:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If it is part of the Vault collection, that would make sense to follow on from Harlequin as another Australian film.

It won’t be a Vault title. They’re discontinuing the line with #10 (Body Melt). I don’t think they’ve been that successful. Personally, I think 88 have gone overboard with the collections/numbering tbh and there are inly so many collections people will want to commit to. 88 Asia, Italian, Slasher, MGM, plus general releases. It’s overkill as far as i’m concerned.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th November 2018, 09:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Slasher Collection and The Italian collection are the best.
Some of the Vault titles were great,but if Dead of Winter can be listed as a slasher.....Creepozoids....slasher in space.....I Drink Your Blood...slasher in the country....
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th November 2018, 05:38 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It won’t be a Vault title. They’re discontinuing the line with #10 (Body Melt). I don’t think they’ve been that successful. Personally, I think 88 have gone overboard with the collections/numbering tbh and there are inly so many collections people will want to commit to. 88 Asia, Italian, Slasher, MGM, plus general releases. It’s overkill as far as i’m concerned.
I said the same thing back in April 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'I Drink Your Blood' has been officially announced as well, but there isn't a lot of information:

"July Lineup Announcement #2 - 10/07/17

88 Vault #1

I Drink Your Blood (1970) Uncut and Uncensored

It's also been confirmed that a) '88 Vault' is the new sub-label and b) this release has been licensed from the Grindhouse label
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I can't help thinking that 88Films are running the risk of spreading themselves too thin with regards to the sub-labels

With today's announcement, we have:
  • 88 Vault
  • 88 Asia
  • Slashers Collection
  • Italian Collection
  • Ted V. Mikels Collection
  • Grindhouse Collection
  • Cult Cinema Collection

At this rate, it'll end up with every single release being on a different and new label!!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th November 2018, 10:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Slowly replacing my Slashers classics after getting rid of a lot of stuff a while back. However whilst perusing the list on their website I see three are missing, Blood Sucking Pharaohs, Just before Dawn and Blood Harvest. A little bit of digging and I find out that they are OOP. Is there any particular reason why? I cant believe they are that popular that they simply sold out? I've managed to find the first two OOP's and the third is at a nearby CEX for a somewhat iffy price of £25!
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th November 2018, 10:34 AM
Cult Addict

I think there was a rights issue with Blood Harvest so it didn't get released properly hence the inflated price.
keirarts likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 29th November 2018, 03:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Slowly replacing my Slashers classics after getting rid of a lot of stuff a while back. However whilst perusing the list on their website I see three are missing, Blood Sucking Pharaohs, Just before Dawn and Blood Harvest. A little bit of digging and I find out that they are OOP. Is there any particular reason why? I cant believe they are that popular that they simply sold out? I've managed to find the first two OOP's and the third is at a nearby CEX for a somewhat iffy price of £25!
Just Before Dawn was only released around this time last year. i wonder if there was a rights problem with that one too?
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!