Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2019, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great Santa slasher but not a patch on.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dont-Open-Till-Christmas-VHS-Cover-v02.jpg (75.8 KB, 22 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th September 2019, 05:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

What a great 88 Xmas double bill that'd be.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd October 2019, 05:41 AM
Cult Master

Pre-order at 88Films - £24.99

Killer Crocodile / Killer Crocodile 2 - The Italian Collection #50 / #51

Release date - November 18th, 2019

Killer Crocodile

First there was Jaws, then there was Piranha, next came Alligator. But nothing has prepared you for... Killer Crocodile! From the notorious Fabrizio De Angelis (Zombie Flesh Eaters) comes the ultimate in nature amok films. When a group of well-meaning scientists venture into the murky swamps of Santo Domingo, little do they know they are stumbling into a toxic nightmare. Local industrial barons have foolishly been pumping their waste into the water and this has given birth to a humongous reptilian monstrosity with an equally large appetite for human flesh. Featuring effects by the legendary Giannetto De Rossi (Rambo III), Killer Crocodile delivers all the thrills, spills and chills that any self-respecting fan of eco-horror demands. With performances from Anthony Crenna (son of Rambo’s Richard Creena) and Hollywood legend, Van Johnson (Eagles Over London), Killer Crocodile remains a firm cult favorite… find out why for yourself, with striking HD clarity, thanks to this 2k restoration from 88 Films.

Killer Crocodile 2

Getting back in the water will never be safe again! From special effects guru, Giannetto De Rossi (Dune), comes this blood-soaked follow-up to Killer Crocodile. The swamps of Santo Domingo are still haunted by the waste of the industrial industry and Anthony Crenna (The Blob) is out to prove the dangers plaguing the local water sources with the help of reporter, and love-interest, Liza (Debra Karr). At the same time a greedy property developer pushes to secure a location for his pet project, a swank new holiday resort overlooking a toxic river, despite the areas problem with a mutated killer crocodile chowing down on anyone dumb enough to enter the water. Stepping behind the camera for his first and, to date, only time, BAFTA-nominee Giannetto De Rossi (The Last Emperor) amps up the gore, set-pieces, F-bombs and general nastiness; the scene in which a boatload of orphans and a nun get chewed on by the killer croc is enough to cement this film’s place in the exploitation history books, but that’s just the beginning and Killer Crocodile 2 is bigger, badder and louder than the first in every conceivable way. Brace yourself for Killer Crocodile 2 like you have never seen it before thanks to this beautiful 2k restoration from 88 Films.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition Matte Rigid slipcase [First Print Run Only]
  • Brand New 2K Remasters from The Original 35mm Negatives in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Remastered Uncompressed English Audio
  • Optional SDH Subtitles
  • Remastered Uncompressed Italian Audio with Newly Translated Subtitles
  • Half a Croc: An Interview with Special Effects Artist and Director of Killer Crocodile 2, Gianetto De Rossi about his time working on the films.
  • An Italian in Santo Domingo: An Interview with Cameraman Federico Del Zoppo
  • Italian Crocodiles: An Interview with Actor Pietro Genuardi
  • Maidens and Flesh Eaters: A Career Spanning Interview with FX Master Gianetto de Rosso

TECHNICAL SPECS
  • Region Code: B
  • Audio: LPCM Stereo
  • Picture: 1080p HD 1.85:1
  • Runtime: 180 mins approx
  • Language: English / Italian
  • Subtitles: English

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd October 2019, 05:47 AM
Cult Master

Pre-order at 88Films - £14.99

The Protector

Release date - November 18th, 2019

"After the kidnapping of a wealthy businessman's daughter, maverick New York City cops Billy Wong (Jackie Chan) and Danny Garoni (Danny Aiello) are sent to garner leads in Hong Kong, but the pair find themselves beset by the local police and crime boss, Harold Ko (Roy Chiao) who will stop at nothing in ensuring the continuity of his drug empire."

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition Gloss O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only]
  • Limited Edition Booklet Notes by Scott Harrison also featuring rare stills and lobby cards from the film [First Print Run Only]
  • Brand New 2K Remaster of the Original USA Release Version in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Remastered Original Stereo Soundtrack
  • English 5.1 DTS-HD MA Remixed Soundtrack
  • Remastered English SDH Subtitles
  • Audio Commentary by Film-Maker Arne Venema & Hong Kong Film Expert Mike Leeder [US Cut]
  • Alternative "Hong Kong Version", Jackie Chan's recut of the film. (Presented from a Standard Definition Source with newly translated English subtitles.)
  • Audio Commentary by Irish Film-making maverick George Clarke & Hong Kong Film Expert Mike Leeder [HK Cut]
  • Hard Edge: Brand New 2019 Interview with Director James Glickenhaus
  • Follow the Puck: Brand New 2019 Interview with Mark Irwin
  • A Tale of 2 movies with Steve Lawson: A side-by-side comparison of the HK cut and the US cut of the film
  • Archive Behind the Scenes Featurette
  • International Trailer
  • Japanese Trailer
  • Hong Kong Trailer
  • Japanese Teaser Trailer [HD]
  • Double sided artwork with both original Hong Kong poster art and International Poster Art by Chris Achilléos

TECHNICAL SPECS
  • Audio: LPCM Stereo
  • Picture: 1080p HD 1.85:1
  • Runtime: 107 mins approx
  • Language: English

Old 3rd October 2019, 05:42 PM
Cult Master

Indigogo backers exclusive slip covers

Old 3rd October 2019, 08:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I know Beatrice Cenci is one of the original posters & it's Fulci so must have some redeeming qualities, but has anyone seen it? Is it any good? Will most likely get it as love Fulci but lots of "watch once" stuff coming out lately.

Love the crocadile artwork but nobody has anything nice to say about the movies. After trying to watch Alien 2 & Rats: Night of Terror, I'm not too keen on these, lol!
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:59 PM
Cult Addict

I've got a foreign copy of Beatrice Cenci and it's a good film, i'd say one of his best in terms of a linear storyline, it's based upon a historical person so is more of a drama/ murder type thing but go's into a persecution vibe at the end that is reminiscent of witchcraft films.

It's a good film and well worth a watch but is not overtly sexy or gory.

I think i gave it a 7 or 8 out of 10 when i watched it so it's good if you like that sort of thing.
Justin101 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Give me the Crocs anyday!

nosferatu42 likes this.

Old 3rd October 2019, 10:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

g053584398 likes this.

Old 19th October 2019, 05:15 AM
Cult Master

Christmas Evil is up for pre-order - £14.99

Release date December 9

"As a boy, Harry Stadling (Brandon Maggart) worshipped Santa Claus - until he caught his mommy rockin’ around the Christmas tree with him. Now all grown-up and his memories of the holiday’s forever twisted, Harry decides to don ol’ Saint Nick’s signature red jacket and long white beard and hit the streets, spreading some blood-soaked Christmas cheer of his own... “Forget White Christmas, It’s A Wonderful Life and all the other hackneyed trash,” declared auteur of outrage, John Waters, “Go for the best seasonal film of all-time: Christmas Evil!” Making its long-awaited UK Blu-ray debut in a jingle bells and whistles edition from 88 Films, Lewis Jackson’s disturbing shocker is an essential addition to your festive fright collection!"

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • LIMITED EDITION SLIPCASE [3000]
  • LIMITED EDITON BOOKLET - 88 Films’ 12 Slays of Christmas - Your handy guide to those essential festive frights [by Film Journalists Dave Wain, Matty Budrewicz & Nate Roscoe]
  • Restored in 4k from 35mm archival elements
  • Audio Commentary track with Lewis Jackson
  • Audio Commentary track with Lewis Jackson & Brandon Maggart
  • Audio Commentary track with Lewis Jackson & John Waters
  • Archival video interviews with Lewis Jackson & Brandon Maggart
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Deleted scenes & Screentests
  • Storyboards & comment cards gallery
  • Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned art by Garreth Gibson and Original Poster artwork

TECHNICAL SPECS
  • Picture Format: HD 1.78:1
  • Audio Format: DTS-HD MA 2.0 Dual Mono
  • Language: English
  • Certification: 15
  • Running Time: 94 Mins Approx

Like this? Share it using the links below!