Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2019, 08:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Have you all received your email from 88 regarding spare slip cases for Eleven Days and Cenci?

Buy them direct from 88 ONLY £10 EACH!
I was literally pissing myself laughing when i got that email! I thought they'd reduced the disc to a tenner then i saw the slipcase photo & realised it was the cardboard!!!!!!! Classic!
Old 8th November 2019, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

This is what I did when I read it

Adjustments.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th November 2019, 08:31 PM
Cult Master

This is a shame. I liked the red cases - they made it easier to find 88films when they were on shelves in CEX!

"Calling all Slasher fans, a sad day is upon us, despite many protestations unfortunately the day has finally come when we can no longer source Red cases for our slasher collection. This is of course due to the decline in physical media sales and production and is a small part of what is inevitably to come for us physical media fans.

However with your support we’ll keep fighting the good fight and will continue to release titles in this range for years to come but we need some help deciding what the new case colour is going to be. Don’t forget for new release the spine will still be red if you buy a first print run copy with a slipcase.

So what will it be? Clear, Black and Blue?"

nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th November 2019, 02:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
February Releases, 24th February

Orgasmo Blu-ray

"A rich and lonely American widow befriends two young people whose motives become suspect. Directed by Umberto Lenzi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
The artwork used is for A Quiet Place to Kill as features Jean Sorel and not Orgasmo as titled. I think the problem is the confusion of alernative titles as A Quiet place to Kill (1970) is also known as Paranoia and Orgasmo (1969) is the alternative title for Paranoia.

It seems that this announcement has been taken off 88 Films Facebook page so await a re-anouncement with the title A Quiet Place to Kill/Paranoia.
"88 Embarrassing Announcement Time!

Last week we announced that we were releasing Orgasmo (aka Paranoia - 1969) in February..... sadly we made a mistake and we're actually releasing Paranoia (aka A Quiet Place to Kill - 1970).

I know, we should go and stand in a corner and count to 1000 or we should do a streak at the next Chelsea game or something like that but honestly, we messed up, we're sorry for the confusion and we hope this clears it up.

If it helps we can also announce that we have a terrific interview with Umberto Lenzi included recorded shortly before his death where he talks about BOTH films. Also a brand new Troy Howarth Commentary and we're planning a snazzy finish for the slipcase too....."
g053584398, Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th November 2019, 02:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

How can they actually announce the wrong film?

It's not like a slip on a social media posting by a fan, it's the company themselves, do they not know what films they have bought the rights to?

Still a welcome release.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 13th November 2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 13th November 2019, 02:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Is there any chance of them releasing Orgasmo (aka Paranoia - 1969) as well at some point? The Sweet Body of Deborah (Il dolce corpo di Deborah) would also make a very welcome release on UK Blu-ray.
Old 13th November 2019, 03:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

398EDC44-4938-4AF6-809B-F17E5EBE3DB7-3138-00000209D341D8F3.jpg
Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th November 2019, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stand in the corner?
What, like in the Blair Witch Project?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th November 2019, 03:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
This is a shame. I liked the red cases - they made it easier to find 88films when they were on shelves in CEX!

"Calling all Slasher fans, a sad day is upon us, despite many protestations unfortunately the day has finally come when we can no longer source Red cases for our slasher collection. This is of course due to the decline in physical media sales and production and is a small part of what is inevitably to come for us physical media fans.

However with your support we’ll keep fighting the good fight and will continue to release titles in this range for years to come but we need some help deciding what the new case colour is going to be. Don’t forget for new release the spine will still be red if you buy a first print run copy with a slipcase.

So what will it be? Clear, Black and Blue?"

Black without a doubt

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th November 2019, 10:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'll go black! Once you go black..........

Like this? Share it using the links below!