Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:36 AM
Cult Addict

I'm pretty sure the special effects guy worked on some italian films, maybe zombie flesh eaters although i might be billy bullshitting that...

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 22nd August 2020, 05:33 AM
Cultist

What are people's thoughts on the I know what you did last summer box set? Do we know any extras?

The first film is one of the best 90s slasher revivals. But the second is only good in a "so bad its good" way, and the third is a disaster about which I can only remember skateboarding gone wrong.

£30 is alot of money for one bona fide decent movie. Do you think they will ever release the first one separately?

I think only 3 hysteria continues commentaries will swing it for me!
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 22nd August 2020, 08:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Went through a slasher revival phase a few months back, got everything from Scream up to about Scary Movie. Some hold up, but they are all very similar. The only ones I truly liked were Scream (original only), and Urban Legend.
Liked the idea of IKWYDLS but found it slow.

Idle Hands is still fun, Disturbing Behaviour, Killing Mrs Tingle, it was a fun little time!

I think I know... films are a good choice for 88, even though not a fan myself, lots of folks out there who are.

I'd like to see some more Fulci, maybe the westerns or White Fang films
Old 22nd August 2020, 09:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Went through a slasher revival phase a few months back, got everything from Scream up to about Scary Movie. Some hold up, but they are all very similar. The only ones I truly liked were Scream (original only), and Urban Legend.
Liked the idea of IKWYDLS but found it slow.

Idle Hands is still fun, Disturbing Behaviour, Killing Mrs Tingle, it was a fun little time!

I think I know... films are a good choice for 88, even though not a fan myself, lots of folks out there who are.

I'd like to see some more Fulci, maybe the westerns or White Fang films
Or maybe films that haven’t been transferred from vhs to dvd or blu ray.
Bet there is loads tbh, I also bet there is quite a few that got released in the cinema, eg some film from the 60/70s that are not available on any form of format .
Rob4 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 22nd August 2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:24 AM
Active Cultist

They'll at least be a new interview with Muse Watson for the i know what you did boxset. 88 films put up a post and photo either yesterday or the day before.

of that post modern era of teenage themed horror films, the ones i quite liked were Scream, Urban Legend (although might be because I've always fancied Alicia Witt), Ginger Snaps, the final destination films and Joy Ride (aka roadkill)

Think the era gets a bit slammed. Too many times i've seen claim that Scream destroyed the slasher genre, but clearly those people dont remember what the early 90's was like. there is some good movies, just less gore and boobs.

I'll most likely get the i know what boxset. rather just have the first 2 movies and spend less but at the same time i quite like more of these 90's sony libary releases. It's not like 88 isn't still releaseing old and rare movies from the 70's.

Piranha 2 is naff and James Cameron insists he didnt direct most of it. was temped but just too naff for my tastes.
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:25 AM
Active Cultist

oh crap forgot Wrong Turn did like that. the first sequel is very overrated though.
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm not being facetious but what's so good about Piranha 2 lol

I’ve seen it once before and assure you it’s awfully good, with some emphasis on the awful part. Cheesy and daft, but real good fun. Like the poster shows you, the fish can fly in this new one. They changed the fish in a similar progression like they did with the graboids in the Tremors sequels. I love the first Piranha film. Got the steelbook for it.

I don’t shop on amazon and haven’t for years. I’ll likely buy it from Zavvi, but its £3 dearer on Zavvi and I’m a major cheapo! wonder if 88 will get any more in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:32 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
oh crap forgot Wrong Turn did like that. the first sequel is very overrated though.
The best Wrong Turn sequel is Bloody Beginnings. A seriously nasty piece of film making. Ferman would have cut it to shreds back in the 80's.
Old 22nd August 2020, 02:12 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyone had 88’s RELEASE OF THE YEAR,PIRANHA II posted yet?
Yeah I got a dispatch email last night (along with Return to Horror High since it's only £4).

Avenging Force arrived last Monday direct from 88. Haven't watched it yet, but based on a quick skim through it looks like a fine disc. Classic US VHS cover art on the reverse.

Now I await the coming of Bronson.
Old 22nd August 2020, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Or maybe films that haven’t been transferred from vhs to dvd or blu ray.
Bet there is loads tbh, I also bet there is quite a few that got released in the cinema, eg some film from the 60/70s that are not available on any form of format .
Gag, you are absolutely right. At a conservative estimate there were 1600 films in the horor/SF/fantasy genres released worldwide (cinema or straight to VHS) in the 1980s alone. In I
Nightmare USA
, Stephen Thrower lists around 500 American independent films dated 1970 to 1985.
https://www.listchallenges.com/nightmare-usa-checklist

Still lots of stuff out there. You'll need a mighty strong shelf if they are all released and you are a completist
g053584398 likes this.

Last edited by Rob4; 22nd August 2020 at 10:18 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!