Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16550Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2020, 08:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just noticed Piranha 2 only has the 15 logo on the slipcover. Saw the pics of the Van Damme releases a few weeks ago and noticed the same. Wondered if they had just forgot to put them on the pics of the cases, and I was hoping it was just on the slips since they're limited releases with no standard version coming later. Looks loke they are. Woohoo!
Old 26th August 2020, 08:10 PM
Active Cultist

Has american ninja got the most obvious stand in in plain sight?

Nah american ninja 2 has more Steve james in it although I must admit I prefer first american ninja over avenging force, force kinda falls apart for me during the second half (wanna take a guess what the main problem with the second part is)

Of cannon back library what I think I would most want is pow the escape (aka behind enemy lines) which I thought was better than chuck's Mia films. Wouldnt mind penitentiary 3 but as I've told 88 each time I request it that it's unlikely to turn a profit.

Maybe if in future 88 get any less known cannon films left over from a MGM package they could put out a compilation? Canon's fandom seems just as big as hammer's these days.
Old 26th August 2020, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post

Nah american ninja 2 has more Steve james in it although I must admit I prefer first american ninja over avenging force, force kinda falls apart for me during the second half (wanna take a guess what the main problem with the second part is)

Of cannon back library what I think I would most want is pow the escape (aka behind enemy lines) which I thought was better than chuck's Mia films. Wouldnt mind penitentiary 3 but as I've told 88 each time I request it that it's unlikely to turn a profit.

Maybe if in future 88 get any less known cannon films left over from a MGM package they could put out a compilation? Canon's fandom seems just as big as hammer's these days.
I'd like to see a release of Penitentiary 3 as well. I'd hoped that Vinegar Syndrome might get around to that one, but it hasn't happened.
Old 26th August 2020, 08:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post

A couple of Cannon Films that i'd love to see get a decent release are the serial killer/road movie Midnight Ride starring Dudikoff and Mark Hamill. I have it on dvd but it's pretty crap. Panned & scanned from the original 2.35:1, and Street Knight starring Jeff Speakman. Another I have on dvd from Thailand I think.

IMG_0114.JPGIMG_0113.JPG
Old 26th August 2020, 09:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Here's another few.....YOUNG WARRIORS would perform well I reckon,especially as it's disappeared off Severin's radar....

For fans of action and trashy thrillers,Cannon were second to none in the eighties.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th August 2020, 07:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Here's another few.....YOUNG WARRIORS would perform well I reckon,especially as it's disappeared off Severin's radar....

For fans of action and trashy thrillers,Cannon were second to none in the eighties.
Good choice with The Ambassador Reaps, saw that last year and enjoyed that, surely 88 can release a decent copy of it.
Old 27th August 2020, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Good choice with The Ambassador Reaps, saw that last year and enjoyed that, surely 88 can release a decent copy of it.
I have the German Blu-ray of The Ambassador which is pretty good.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 27th August 2020, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran

American Ninja 2 wins just for the scene on the beach near the start!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th August 2020, 09:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bollocks!

You don't see Alan Titchmarsh doing this with a ****ing spade!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th August 2020, 09:34 PM
Cult Addict

Shame...Alan Titchmarsh... Shame.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!