Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2020, 01:52 PM
Cultist

Anyone with the first lot of Jackie films that 88 Films released on blu ray that have them with the slipcases, there's folk bidding up to £60 on them on ebay. Absolutely mental. I've been out the blu ray buying game for some time now but the price of things seems to have gone through the roof.
Nostalgic likes this.
Old 27th September 2020, 03:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
Anyone with the first lot of Jackie films that 88 Films released on blu ray that have them with the slipcases, there's folk bidding up to £60 on them on ebay. Absolutely mental. I've been out the blu ray buying game for some time now but the price of things seems to have gone through the roof.
Battle Creek Brawl, Dragon Fist, Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin, and To Kill with Intrigue?
Old 27th September 2020, 03:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I have no clue how it works, Hills Have Eyes, Last House, The Thing (arrow) ltd editions were mad prices, and thw whole "burning steelbook" situation, now they're £15 a pop in cex.

It's mental what stuff goes for & when!
Old 27th September 2020, 04:34 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Battle Creek Brawl, Dragon Fist, Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin, and To Kill with Intrigue?
Yeah can't remember which 2 out the 4, but 2 of them sitting at £40 and £60! For a bit of card with a nice drawing. But I've noticed even the standard editions that don't have the slipcases and cards have been going for a lot more than they normally would as well. Used to get them on ebay for about £7 or £8 tops.
Old 27th September 2020, 05:09 PM
Active Cultist

I remember my copy of burial ground with slip case going for stupid amounts of money (cant remember how much though) wasnt charging a high price for it either, started at 99p. My copy of hell comes to frog town limited arrow release went for £40 as well.
Old 27th September 2020, 08:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah can't remember which 2 out the 4, but 2 of them sitting at £40 and £60! For a bit of card with a nice drawing. But I've noticed even the standard editions that don't have the slipcases and cards have been going for a lot more than they normally would as well. Used to get them on ebay for about £7 or £8 tops.

I think Battle Creek Brawl is sitting at £40. Crazy just for a piece of cardboard and a few postcards. I get the appeal of slips if they have alternate art to the one on the case, but I think they're a bit pointless otherwise.
Old 27th September 2020, 08:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I’ve been after a copy of blood harvest for ages, but they’re going for daft money on eBay too. I’m not even bothered about the slip, just wanted a copy. Bid on a few and saw them going for between 25 and 53.

I did actually order it when it came out, but not from 88 direct. It then got pulled and the order was cancelled. I then bought a copy off eBay only to be refunded and contacted by eBay and informed my seller was a fraudster. After that the price started shooting up and up

IMG_6366.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27th September 2020, 09:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
I’ve been after a copy of blood harvest for ages, but they’re going for daft money on eBay too. I’m not even bothered about the slip, just wanted a copy. Bid on a few and saw them going for between 25 and 53.

I did actually order it when it came out, but not from 88 direct. It then got pulled and the order was cancelled. I then bought a copy off eBay only to be refunded and contacted by eBay and informed my seller was a fraudster. After that the price started shooting up and up
I know what to do if I really need money!
Old 11th October 2020, 07:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone know why 88 have stopped the preordering before release date?

I'd rather order direct,but in the case of 10 TO MIDNIGHT,I'll pick it up from HMV tomorrow.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th October 2020, 08:07 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyone know why 88 have stopped the preordering before release date?

I'd rather order direct,but in the case of 10 TO MIDNIGHT,I'll pick it up from HMV tomorrow.....

Yeah I don't know what's going on there. I'd wait until next Monday to go to HMV though, it's not out until the 19th.

Like this? Share it using the links below!