Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16555Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2020, 07:11 PM
Cultist

Just pre-ordered the I Know What You Did Set. A lot of chat online about the price, but with Arrow charging £25 for Tremors (also ordered), I think it's an ok price. Even if it's one brilliant film, one so-bad-its-good classic and one utter garbage movie!
will graham and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 10th November 2020, 09:25 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah I think it's a reasonable price, I just think it's because no one wants the third one and that's why people are upset about the price.
Old 11th November 2020, 02:35 PM
Cultist

I think I'd actually prefer the I Know box set without I'll Always Know. The skate boarding stuff at the beginning is just beyond terrible.

For me its 29.99 for I know with the other two as bonus features!
Old 11th November 2020, 03:17 PM
Cult Addict

Maybe my recollection is off but as far as i was aware the original was a piddle poor Scream ripoff in the first place?? Vaguely remember being bored by the halfway point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 11th November 2020, 03:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Maybe my recollection is off but as far as i was aware the original was a piddle poor Scream ripoff in the first place?? Vaguely remember being bored by the halfway point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah, even though it was written before Scream, I felt the same when I rewatched it a few weeks back

I haven’t seen the sequels though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th November 2020, 04:05 PM
Active Cultist

Oh they are no classics. They're really more well known for shots of Jennifer love Hewitt's cleavage these days. No stand out murders but first one had good visual look to it.

As a side note must say I prefer Kuala shakers cover of hush over deep people's (please dont hurt me)
Old 11th November 2020, 04:54 PM
Cultist

I think I saw them in the cinema at a formative age. The 90s were a wasteland for slashers and horror in general. I remember sitting in the cinema watching The Relic and thought "is this really it for horror?". Then Scream and I Know came along and recaptured the 80s slasher spirit.

Besides I think I Know works really well. The police car escape leading to the death of Pete Sampras' wife in the department store is still in my top 5 slasher chase sequences.

I remember dragging a mate to the cinema to see I Still Know and almost dying of embarrassment... "Will Benson"? "Brazillia" Jesus it was lame. But I love it now as a loveable disaster. Why did Freddie Prinze Jr drive 500 miles to have one conversation with Julie before going home? It's hilarious.

As for I'll Always know... it's just irredemably appalling. Although the Zombie fisherman has a nice touch of Friday 13th Pt 6 about it. But its a straight to dvd crapfest that will disappoint/ enrage any fan of the original.

I'd love 88 to get hold of The Faculty.
Old 11th November 2020, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post

As a side note must say I prefer Kula shakers cover of hush over deep people's (please dont hurt me)
Back in the good ole days when live music was allowed in pubs (remember pubs?), my band played that version of Hush instead of the Deep Purple one, great cover!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th November 2020, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Hush, hush now!

There's only one song that makes I Know What You Did Last Summer memorable and that's Type O Negative's cover of Summer Breeze as the camera sweeps up the coast line in the opening titles.

For the record i rather like the film. Saw it at the cinema and had a blast.

Saw the sequel at the cinema and really didn't.

Oddly i really enjoyed the DTV second sequel when i first saw it, but second time around it was somewhat less compelling.
Justin101 and John Matrix like this.
Old 11th November 2020, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Urban Legend set ordered.
I saw the first one with my brother (RIP) at a midnight screening. Great film, great memories.

Like this? Share it using the links below!