Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2020, 09:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looks like “I know what you did last summer” has now sold out from 88’s online store. Still available from Zavvi.

I went though my Slasher and Italian collections the other day cause I’ve fallen well behind. Currently missing 16 titles from Slasher and 21 from Italian.

Obvious the downside of a collection is when you start to develop gaps - Do I plough on and start spending to fill in these massive gaps, or do I just give up and only buy the titles I’m actually interested in??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18th December 2020, 12:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Looks like “I know what you did last summer” has now sold out from 88’s online store. Still available from Zavvi.

I went though my Slasher and Italian collections the other day cause I’ve fallen well behind. Currently missing 16 titles from Slasher and 21 from Italian.

Obvious the downside of a collection is when you start to develop gaps - Do I plough on and start spending to fill in these massive gaps, or do I just give up and only buy the titles I’m actually interested in??

I generally just buy titles that I’m interested in, but in the case if the Italian Collection, I have every one of them and will continue to collect them all. If you love Italian horror / thriller cinema you could try some other titles - you may discover some pleasant surprises!
A good case in point for me is the BFI Flipside series. I have all the titles here too. If I’d only bought the ones I thought I would definitely like, I would have missed out on some absolute gems.
Old 18th December 2020, 12:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I generally just buy titles that I’m interested in, but in the case if the Italian Collection, I have every one of them and will continue to collect them all. If you love Italian horror / thriller cinema you could try some other titles - you may discover some pleasant surprises!
A good case in point for me is the BFI Flipside series. I have all the titles here too. If I’d only bought the ones I thought I would definitely like, I would have missed out on some absolute gems.
How many Flipside releases are there, Mojo?

The last one i bought was Cosh Boy. It's been out a while i know but only bought it last month.
Old 18th December 2020, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm in the same boat. A lot to catch up on. I was caught a bit cold with the Shaw Bros releases as it looks like they are on a shorter license deal. This next year is certainly going to be a catch-up year for 88 as far as I'm concerned before any others go OOP.

However, I'm not religious about getting all the titles in the different series from 88. Some of their releases have been shown to be inferior to US releases of the same title. Still lots to 'go at' though...
Old 18th December 2020, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
How many Flipside releases are there, Mojo?

The last one i bought was Cosh Boy. It's been out a while i know but only bought it last month.
There are 41 so far - the latest if which is the wonderful Short Sharp Shocks.
They’re all numbered on the spine, which is pretty cool.
Old 18th December 2020, 02:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There are 41 so far - the latest if which is the wonderful Short Sharp Shocks.
They’re all numbered on the spine, which is pretty cool.
Short Sharp Shocks for whatever reason isn't dual format. I'd like that but seeing as i can't play it, well it can wait.

Oops! Didn't realise this wasn't the BFI thread.

g053584398 and Justin101 like this.
Old 19th December 2020, 11:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default The 88 Films Thread

Quote:

Oh I hear you for that

When the collections started I decided I wanted to collect all the slashers. I ended up deciding the same for the Italian collection after I quite fancied a few of the titles in the first 10. There ended up being a few that I might not have bought had they not been in the ‘collection’ and I really liked them, but likewise there have been some stinkers - two that spring straight to mind are “Prozzie” and “Ironmaster”.

Collections are fine to keep up with if you buy them as they’re released, but now that I’ve fallen so far behind - probably the best part of £500.... - I’m having doubts!

Mojo and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 19th December 2020, 09:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
February Releases Announcement #1

'Nowhere To Run' (1993) - Blu-Ray Pre-order available at Amazon UK - £14.99

Release date: 15th Feb

"After escaping police custody, wanted man Sam Gillen (Jean-Claude Van Damme, Universal Soldier: The Return, Maximum Risk) finds shelter with single mother Clydie (Rosanna Arquette, Desperately Seeking Susan, After Hours) and her sprog 'Mookie'(Keiran Culkin; Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Succession). But their home is threatened by an evil developer (Joss Ackland - Lethal Weapon 2, Midsomer Murders), and he'll stop at nothing to grab it. Sam can protect them - but what if it means he has to go back to prison?"

Features:
  • [LIMITED NUMBERED SLIPCASE - 3000]
  • [A3 Poster]
  • [Set of 4 Collectible Artcards]
  • HD Transfer in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Stereo Surround DTS-HD MA Soundtrack
  • Optional English SDH Subtitles
  • Interview with 2nd Unit Director Peter MacDonald
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible Sleeve
  • Region Code: B

Was interested in this but the extra features aren't not enough for me to move on from my DVD.
Old 20th December 2020, 12:52 PM
Cultist

I know what you did set arrived today. Lovely box, nice prints and a good hysteria continues commentary on the first film (haven't watched the others through yet). But the book is just the standard booklet you find in a blu ray case, so that's disappointing. Also disappointing that it did come with I'll always know! If you didnt get it I dont think you're missing out if you can get the first two separately next year.

I've just watched Indicator's Road Games set and I just wish 88 could do a little more with extras on their releases. The nadir this year was Piranha II which was pretty much just the film (and the print wasnt great).

Anyone else got the I know set yet/ thoughts?
Old 20th December 2020, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran

Mine will be arriving tomorrow I expect (Amazon) I almost cancelled it about 4 or 5 times lol but I LOVE the artwork on the rigid outer box so I kept it. I've not seen either of the 2 sequels but I have a nostalgia for the first and have seen it many times!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!