Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree16549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2022, 05:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

That's not the Walker set i was expecting. No horror at all. Plus i've got two already on BFI Blu-ray
Old 28th October 2022, 05:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's not the Walker set i was expecting. No horror at all. Plus i've got two already on BFI Blu-ray
I’m pretty sure 88 Films mentioned Pete Walker boxsets, so I’m guessing there may be another one coming.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 05:48 PM
Cult Master

'The Whip And The Body' (1963) - Deluxe Collector's Edition Blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £25:00

Release date: March 27

"Seduction, sadism and sexual obsession – The Whip and the Body is one of the greatest films of legendary director Mario Bava (Hatchet for the Honeymoon; Black Sunday). The equally legendary Christopher Lee (everything from Dracula to The Lord of the Rings) plays Kurt Menliff. He's the black sheep of his family, banished for his wicked, wicked ways. But now he's home, and keen to resume his sadomasochistic affair with his brother's wife Nevenka (Daliah Lavi). So keen, in fact, that not even his untimely death cannot put a stop to his violent lust...

A delirious journey into troubled souls, this is arguably the greatest film Bava ever made – and now it's looking better than ever, gorgeously restored from newly discovered film elements. 88 Films are proud to present Bava's masterpiece, finally resplendent in all its gothic splendour."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Whip And The Body.jpg (96.1 KB, 49 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 2nd November 2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 28th October 2022, 05:52 PM
Cult Master

'Tentacle' (1977) - Blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £20:00

Release date: March 27

" Something's happening at the once quiet coastal town of Solana Beach. Boats are being destroyed and people are going missing. Veteran newsman Ned Turner (John Huston, celebrated director of Escape to Victory and Annie) thinks it's connected with the construction of an undersea tunnel. Something has been disturbed, something that's out for blood but no-one realises just how dangerous it is: there are worse things in the sea than sharks... With a cast of Hollywood legends like Henry Fonda (Once Upon A Time in the West), Shelley Winters (Night of the Hunter), Claude Akins (Rio Bravo) and Bo Hopkins (The Wild Bunch), Tentacles is a classic seventies monster movie, blending ecological ruminations with sudden shocks. 88 Films are proud to present this magnificent maritime monstrosity in this beautiful new blu-ray edition."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tentacles - 88ffilms.jpg (101.1 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 2nd November 2022 at 12:04 PM.
Old 28th October 2022, 05:56 PM
Cult Master

'Ark Of The Sun God' (1987) - 4KUHD + BLU-RAY pre-order available from Amazon UK - £25:00

Release date: March 6

"Who needs Indiana Jones when you've got Rick Spear? Rick's a master cracksman – the best damn thief in the business – and he's been hired to find the fabled burial chamber of King Gilgamesh and retrieve the valuables within. But he's not the only one on the treasure hunt: others have their eyes on the loot and they'll stop at nothing to get it... A late-career highlight from Italian genre favourite Antonio Margheriti (The Long Hair of Death; Seven Deaths in the Cats Eye), with a characteristically charming performance from David Warbeck (The Beyond) as the dashing Rick, Ark of the Sun God tips its fedora at Raiders of the Lost Ark but adds its own wild invention into the mix. The tomb-raiders at 88 Films are proud to present the 4k UHD premiere of this fabulous slice of 80s adventure."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ark Of The Sun God.jpg (101.0 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 2nd November 2022 at 12:06 PM.
Old 28th October 2022, 06:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Good stuff here from 88. I have some questions though...

Is House on the Edge of the Park uncut?

What is the source for The Whip and the Body?

How many people will buy a 4K of Hell of the Living Dead
Old 28th October 2022, 06:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Good stuff here from 88. I have some questions though...

Is House on the Edge of the Park uncut?

What is the source for The Whip and the Body?

How many people will buy a 4K of Hell of the Living Dead
From what I can gather from the BBFC website Rob, the 88 Films release of House on the Edge of the Park will be uncut. That would mean that it would be the first ever uncut release of the film in the UK in the post-VRA era.

As for Hell of the Living Dead, I just love that film!
nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.
Old 28th October 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post

As for Hell of the Living Dead, I just love that film!
Yes but will you really buy it on 4K?
Rob4 likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 06:24 PM
Cultist

house on the edge of the park is getting released uncut they said it was getting released uncut they said it on facebook but they took it off cause nobody believed them but now we know
Old 28th October 2022, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran

I was kind of hoping for a Pete Walker horror set like the Redemption ones. Some interesting stuff coming out in the next few months, but I don't think I'll be buying any of them personally.

I've had The Whip & The Body blu since when the previous version first came out and I still haven't watched it I imagine I'll end up buying Zombie Creeping Flesh though at some point

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!