Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

88 Films 15th August 2013 11:24 AM

The 88 Films Thread
 
Hi,

We've got a whole bunch of titles planned for DVD release soon along with a few Blu-ray releases but inevitably these take a longer time to confirm as we have to wait for masters to be created.

We were wondering what everyone's thoughts were about these as upcoming DVD titles:

Shrunken Heads
Arcade
Oblivion
Shadowzone
Beach Babes 2
The Creeps
Hideous
End of the World
Alice Sweet Alice

88 Films

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 Films (Post 358958)
Hi,

We've got a whole bunch of titles planned for DVD release soon along with a few Blu-ray releases but inevitably these take a longer time to confirm as we have to wait for masters to be created.

We were wondering what everyone's thoughts were about these as upcoming DVD titles:

Shrunken Heads
Arcade
Oblivion
Shadowzone
Beach Babes 2
The Creeps
Hideous
End of the World
Alice Sweet Alice

88 Films

Great titles there. Especially looking forward to the classic Full Moon titles, Arcade, Shrunken Heads, Oblivion and Shadowzone. Was actually curious if we'd see Beach Babes 2. Hopefully we'll see more early 90's titles like Robot Wars, Crash and Burn, snd Invisible (Mandroid 2), in the not so distant future.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 01:08 PM

I'm delighted to see an official UK release of Alice Sweet Alice. :clap:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't seen End Of The World, but it has Christopher Lee in it, and pretty nice poster artwork (which is always nice!).

Attachment 117244

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 359004)
I haven't seen End Of The World, but it has Christopher Lee in it, and pretty nice poster artwork (which is always nice!).

Attachment 117244

Alice Sweet Alice is the only one i've seen. :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 359005)
Alice Sweet Alice is the only one i've seen. :lol:

Me too!

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 01:34 PM

Both of you, get off this thread! :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 08:19 PM

End of the World and Shrunken Heads yes,I'll pick those two up.

And of course Alice Sweet Alice,which is a real coup for you I reckon.

I'd rather see more seventies-early mid eighties numbers than '90's 'Global Video' shelf fillers.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 359089)
I'd rather see more seventies-early mid eighties numbers than '90's 'Global Video' shelf fillers.:)

And therein lies the problem, most of 88's releases are (and probably will be) Full Moon titles, which as you know, released most of their films in the 90's. 7 of those titles above are 90's FM movies, and End Of The World is another Charles Band produced film. We're complete opposites mate. I'm with 88 for their Full Moon catalogue. Not stuff like Alice, which will be cut anyway, so that's an automatic no sale here, unfortunately.

Slippery Jack 15th August 2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 358995)
I'm delighted to see an official UK release of Alice Sweet Alice. :clap:

Wooooooooop :woot:

That is all . . .

Slippery Jack 15th August 2013 10:25 PM

(PS. I'd love to do a cover art for it ;)) . . .

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 359096)
Not stuff like Alice, which will be cut anyway, so that's an automatic no sale here, unfortunately.

Damn. No sale here then either, if that is indeed the case. :(

PaulD 16th August 2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 359120)
Damn. No sale here then either, if that is indeed the case. :(

It's 3 seconds of a cat being swung by the neck and the subsequent struggling. Purists may scoff but I can live without that.


edit: as Stephen pointed out below it's 8 seconds of cuts

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th August 2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 359132)
It's 3 seconds of a cat being swung by the neck and the subsequent struggling. Purists may scoff but I can live without that.

Ah, if that's all it is then I may re-consider - especially if the print is an improvement over the US DVD.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th August 2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 359132)
It's 3 seconds of a cat being swung by the neck and the subsequent struggling. Purists may scoff but I can live without that.

8 secs according to last submission to the BBFC, but then again, they have been wrong before. I'm sure most people won't miss it though.

PaulD 16th August 2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 359134)
8 secs according to last submission to the BBFC, but then again, they have been wrong before. I'm sure most people won't miss it though.

Ah yeah, you're right. A previous version (the Tartan Terror 1998 release) was cut by 3 seconds according to the BBFC and Melon Farmers but that's a shorter version of the film anyway so I'm assuming it was pre-cut before submission or something?

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th August 2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 359135)
Ah yeah, you're right. A previous version (the Tartan Terror 1998 release) was cut by 3 seconds according to the BBFC and Melon Farmers but that's a shorter version of the film anyway so I'm assuming it was pre-cut before submission or something?

Maybe. I'm not really sure. I think even with the cut, it's still sell well for 88 Films. It only seems to be a small minority that are interested in the Full Moon films (i.e. me!).

darthelvis 16th August 2013 06:42 AM

Some belters in there 88!

trebor8273 16th August 2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 Films (Post 358958)
Hi,

We've got a whole bunch of titles planned for DVD release soon along with a few Blu-ray releases but inevitably these take a longer time to confirm as we have to wait for masters to be created.

We were wondering what everyone's thoughts were about these as upcoming DVD titles:

Shrunken Heads
Arcade
Oblivion
Shadowzone
Beach Babes 2
The Creeps
Hideous
End of the World
Alice Sweet Alice

88 Films

Only one I've seen that I remember is shadow zone but will end up getting all of these releases

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th August 2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 359155)
Only one I've seen that I remember is shadow zone but will end up getting all of these releases

Shadowzone is pretty good. James Hong, Louise Fletcher and Shawn Weatherly (from Baywatch), star.

http://youtu.be/h1y4ou5Exzs

The Creeps is a later 90's Full Moon film, not great by any means, but worth watching. I think it was originally filmed in 3D.

http://youtu.be/J4Z7SE2l1VA

Hideous is another later 90's one.

http://youtu.be/ct4MMlDvgs8

Arcade (directed by Albert Pyun), Shadowzone & Shrunken Heads are probably the best of the Full Moon titles mentioned above, so nice to see those getting released over here.

http://youtu.be/td-AV8E19TQ

http://youtu.be/VMo7cDLayrE

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/16/e9apu3y3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/16/se4apata.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/16/eqe2y2ub.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/16/y7ynepu8.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/16/tezamyvu.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th August 2013 10:25 AM

And this is all you need to know about Beach Babes 2...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/16/na5etyqe.jpg

Definite purchase here (as if there was any doubt!).

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th August 2013 07:36 AM

Oblivion is a pretty fun film too. And hopefully, like Beach Babes 2, we'll see Backlash: Oblivion 2 get released sometime.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/aseragut.jpg

DaveH 17th August 2013 02:46 PM

I have the old USA released Backlash Oblivion 2 DVD and will be adding the UK Oblivion disc as well as the other future releases, especially Shrunken Heads which I used to own on Laser disc and is great fun.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th August 2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveH (Post 359561)
I have the old USA released Backlash Oblivion 2 DVD and will be adding the UK Oblivion disc as well as the other future releases, especially Shrunken Heads which I used to own on Laser disc and is great fun.

Yeah, Shrunken Heads is a pretty good film. I got the US dvd with the unused artwork, which is pretty nice (although I do like the final poster they went with).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/umybugup.jpg

plasterface 26th August 2013 10:00 PM

alice sweet alice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 359005)
Alice Sweet Alice is the only one i've seen. :lol:

thought alice had been released on dvd by tartan a while ago. I Remember Pete telling me the cheapo unofficial 24th century dvd of it called communion was longest cut available as director had took footage out for last us release.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th September 2013 02:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the artwork (front) for the next 2 Grindhouse titles, Shadowzone and Beach Babes 2: Cave Girl Island.

Attachment 119528Attachment 119529

ecc 13th September 2013 10:41 PM

AMAZONIA at DVDBeaver.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2013 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone pick this up (It's a given that I did). Really like that reverse artwork.

Attachment 120474

ecc 20th September 2013 02:04 PM

KILLER CLOWN at DVDBeaver.

TJ Doc 20th September 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 366606)
Anyone pick this up (It's a given that I did). Really like that reverse artwork.

Attachment 120474

I was thinking about getting that soon. It's uncut, right?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th September 2013 09:24 PM

I'll be picking Amazonia up.

Boo Radley 21st September 2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 367300)
I was thinking about getting that soon. It's uncut, right?

I hear rumours that it's the same cut version that had a previous release but that doesn't mean it is..... Does anyone actually know for sure?

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st September 2013 07:48 AM

88 Films say it's uncut. Dores anyone know exactly what was cut before? All the BBFC site says for the last submission in 2003 is "some previous cuts waived".

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st September 2013 07:53 AM

I found a comparison between the old UK vhs and the uncut XT dvd on moviecensorship.com i'll have a look tomorrow and confirm if the 88 dvd is uncut.

Boo Radley 23rd September 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 367358)
I found a comparison between the old UK vhs and the uncut XT dvd on moviecensorship.com i'll have a look tomorrow and confirm if the 88 dvd is uncut.

Aaaaaand...?

TJ Doc 25th September 2013 05:06 PM

I get the feeling Stephen unravelled some kind of twisted 88 Films conspiracy... and now they've silenced him.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th September 2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 367682)
Aaaaaand...?

Sorry, I completely forgot. Ok, Melon Farmers thought it was the same pre-cut version that was out out on vhs, but 88 says it's uncut. I checked the disc against all the cuts listed on moviecensorship.com, and the disc is uncut. Everything listed is in the film, so anyone who wants to order it can safely do so. :)

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=552333

Boo Radley 26th September 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 368147)
Sorry, I completely forgot. Ok, Melon Farmers thought it was the same pre-cut version that was out out on vhs, but 88 says it's uncut. I checked the disc against all the cuts listed on moviecensorship.com, and the disc is uncut. Everything listed is in the film, so anyone who wants to order it can safely do so. :)

Amazonia: The Catherine Miles Story (Comparison: BBFC 18 VHS (Avatar) - Austrian DVD) - Movie-Censorship.com

Cheers mate, you're a good man! :nod:

gaahl07 27th September 2013 10:39 AM

Just got email from amazon saying Demonic Toys delayed to Feb 2014 and Dollman 27th November :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th September 2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaahl07 (Post 368393)
Just got email from amazon saying Demonic Toys delayed to Feb 2014 and Dollman 27th November :(

I wouldn't worry, 88 Films said they had planned to release Demonic Toys next year, but the master turned up along with Dollman the other day, and hoped to now release them both together.

"Dollman is 25/11. Demonic Toys we weren't expecting so had literally just put it back to next year. Will probably bring it out with Dollman now though."


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.