Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   BD Buyer's Video Nasty Guide (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11441-bd-buyers-video-nasty-guide.html)

Rik 11th November 2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 377105)
You can't tease like that and not have an answer!:lol:

Not found anything as yet, but I have just discovered that the Iti's are releasing it next month!

Cannibal Holocaust Blu-ray (Italy)

Boo Radley 11th November 2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 377107)
Not found anything as yet, but I have just discovered that the Iti's are releasing it next month!

I found this. Rock! Shock! Pop! - Cannibal Holocaust

Says the subs are optional but has problems with pic quality. EDIT: No Got that wrong!! Says subs are ONLY optional for the French Track, therefore forced on the others! Bollox!! come on Grindhouse, do it right!!

Rik 11th November 2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 377112)
I found this. Rock! Shock! Pop! - Cannibal Holocaust

Says the subs are optional but has problems with pic quality. Bollox!! come on Grindhouse, do it right!!

Yeah, some guy on Blu-ray.com says "it looks just as bad as the awful UK one", I don't think there's anything wrong with the Shameless edition myself

Sobral 11th November 2013 07:42 PM

Forced subs: one of the most stupid things in the movie world...

Zann 11th November 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 377107)

Great. Will keep a close eye on the forthcoming reviews.

Zann 11th November 2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 377113)
Yeah, some guy on Blu-ray.com says "it looks just as bad as the awful UK one", I don't think there's anything wrong with the Shameless edition myself

I just can't bring myself to buy a cut movie even with "director approved cut" or whatever spin is put on it.

Rik 11th November 2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 377156)
I just can't bring myself to buy a cut movie even with "director approved cut" or whatever spin is put on it.

Yeah, me neither usually, but I was happy to have it in HD, I already have 2 uncut versions on DVD so if I fancy watching the full version, I stick one of those on :nod:

Make Them Die Slowly 11th November 2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

I re-enact the cut scenes at home with cuddle toys, it really takes you into the film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th November 2013 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 377161)
I re-enact the cut scenes at home with cuddle toys, it really takes you into the film.

You nasty man. :D

Hawkmonger 12th November 2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Even if the content cut is illegal material? I can slide with the animal slaughter in CH, but not what that poor muskrat went through. Cruelty is cruelty it's one of the rare instances where I approve of censorship.

I re watched my Optimum dvd of Xtro recently. Still a great little body horror film and top of my want list for a BD re-release.