Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Japanese DVD and Blu-ray Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12277-japanese-dvd-blu-ray-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th May 2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 534322)
What's special about that edition, out of interest?

Always the artwork with me SJ.:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th May 2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 534341)
Just tried it too. It's because it's through a marketplace seller. Some won't ship outside Japan.

Yeah there's none of them willing to ship it mate.:crying:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th January 2018 07:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These two crackers are the last word when it come to both these films.
Expensive,but worth every penny!

THE FOG has a nice transfer that far exceeds any yet and has all the extras found on the SF disc and more.
A replica pressbook,an inner Amaray with original Japanese artwork and a 'hardcase' glossy outer box-superb.
Release of 2017 as far as I'm concerned.

CROSS OF IRON has the same type of outer box,inner Amaray,book and has extensive extras,interviews.Has a German version of the film on a seperate disc AND for those feeling nostalgic,a VHS version of the film on a disc!
Three discs in total.Great package.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st August 2018 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stephen-Get your wallet ready for 17th October mate.

AT LAST-ORIGINAL ARTWORK,IN AN AMARAY! :clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st August 2018 05:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Gimme! :cool:

These will look good along the top of my shelves along with my HMV VHS collection.;)

Retro eh?
Everything comes full circle....

Paul@TheOverlook 1st August 2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 583911)
Gimme! :cool:

These will look good along the top of my shelves along with my HMV VHS collection.;)

Retro eh?
Everything comes full circle....

Are these the 12" things that have appeared here too?

I saw a bunch of them in Tesco last year and thought "they'll be in the bargain bin soon" and I was right! It's such a bizarre concept - clearly dreamt up to cash-in on the hipsters. Still, these Japanese ones look really nice - remind me of the days when I collected LaserDiscs - I had a fair few Japanese releases and they always looked so nice with those obi stripes down one side.

Those CIC Video sell-thru Blus are a bit of a wasted opportunity too - why didn't they use the pre-cert art instead? I was never a fan of those stripey covers - I had a few - in fact, Back to the Future was the second tape I bought way back in [gulp] 1988. Could you imagine if these take off? It would be nice to see renditions of the large, bix boxed Warner titles with black borders.

Oh, to be a film collector - first world problems! :pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st August 2018 08:36 PM

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and ENTER THE DRAGON,two of the most iconic,brilliant pieces of movie artwork ever.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st August 2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 583910)
Stephen-Get your wallet ready for 17th October mate.

AT LAST-ORIGINAL ARTWORK,IN AN AMARAY! :clap:

Already got the German release with original artwork. That’ll do. I just spent £75 on blu’s from Japan....that I could’ve bought the UK versions for around £25 [emoji23]

Paul@TheOverlook 1st August 2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 583938)
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and ENTER THE DRAGON,two of the most iconic,brilliant pieces of movie artwork ever.

I can't argue with that - Warner Bros. had a great marketing department in the 1970s - see also Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Exorcist, The Gauntlet, The Getaway, Barry Lyndon, Mean Streets, etc - so many.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd August 2018 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 583957)
I can't argue with that - Warner Bros. had a great marketing department in the 1970s - see also Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Exorcist, The Gauntlet, The Getaway, Barry Lyndon, Mean Streets, etc - so many.

Someone should’ve mentioned that to Warner Japan when they decided to put Dirty Harry in that collection. 🤨

Attachment 207285