LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2018, 04:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You won't be disappointed with Revenge!
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th September 2018, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm nae ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th September 2018, 05:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

ebayers i love 'em. so i bought Tales of the Unexpected in the Network sale for £11 but i hadn't realised it was the 10 disc set and not the complete series. anyway i never buy a series unless it is complete so to try and reduce the financial damage i chucked it straight on ebay. well it only went and sold for £18

... should have bought a few more...
gag and bleakshaun like this.
Old 16th September 2018, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah I did the same thing.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rob4 and Jank here the complete series of the site all 112 episodes

https://networkonair.com/drama/2874-...omplete-series
Old 17th September 2018, 12:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Rob4 and Jank here the complete series of the site all 112 episodes

https://networkonair.com/drama/2874-...omplete-series
thanks gag, i'm going to wait until it hits the 40% off sale. probably sometime next year.
Old 17th September 2018, 12:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
thanks gag, i'm going to wait until it hits the 40% off sale. probably sometime next year.
I've had my box set years now and still haven't seen them all. As Nos alluded to earlier; It's good to watch two or three then leave it for a while.

It's a bit late now to tell you this but some episodes on later discs tale off a bit. They aren't all British plays. Quite a few are from American series but given the Tales start and end credits. The picture quality is a step down as well. It would be interesting to know if these episodes were on the ten disc set you sold because if these episodes are all that were left out then in my opinion you weren't missing much. Or should i say you had the original British episodes of Tales of the Unexpected.
Old 17th September 2018, 02:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've had my box set years now and still haven't seen them all. As Nos alluded to earlier; It's good to watch two or three then leave it for a while.

It's a bit late now to tell you this but some episodes on later discs tale off a bit. They aren't all British plays. Quite a few are from American series but given the Tales start and end credits. The picture quality is a step down as well. It would be interesting to know if these episodes were on the ten disc set you sold because if these episodes are all that were left out then in my opinion you weren't missing much. Or should i say you had the original British episodes of Tales of the Unexpected.
50 selected episodes on the 10 disc set so it's probably a bit of a 'best of'. its certainly not all of the British episodes. i tend to watch TV episodes as a bit of a warm up for a main feature or just to fill a spare half hour during the day. i'm not in a rush to get these as i have loads of TV banked up to fulfil this function - i can wait for a good deal, but my collecting gene says i have to have the full series even if i might not get around to watching it all.

mind you i have resisted the original series of Dark Shadows - 1200+ episodes is definitely a stretch
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th September 2018, 04:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bought Who Killed Teddy Bear? today in HMV.
Never got round to watching this on betamax,so looking forward to it!
Demdike@Cult Labs and Rob4 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th September 2018, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
50 selected episodes on the 10 disc set so it's probably a bit of a 'best of'. its certainly not all of the British episodes. i tend to watch TV episodes as a bit of a warm up for a main feature or just to fill a spare half hour during the day. i'm not in a rush to get these as i have loads of TV banked up to fulfil this function - i can wait for a good deal, but my collecting gene says i have to have the full series even if i might not get around to watching it all.

mind you i have resisted the original series of Dark Shadows - 1200+ episodes is definitely a stretch
Dark shadows series is available to watch on Amazon firestick I've just checked and found it, so something me and Sam might watch for next 2 yrs 2 \3 episode a day since there only half hour long

I presume its all there looks like it is , I'll have to check and see

Last edited by gag; 17th September 2018 at 09:37 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!